I graduated uni earlier this year and just confirmed my worst fear

I graduated uni earlier this year and just confirmed my worst fear.
I cannot do it. I cannot wage slave. It has only been a few months of working (software engineer) and I cannot do it anymore. The high salary was the only reason I pursued this career.
Is it worth it to go back to school and study literature? I think I would like to have a syndicated column somewhere, or make a living writing fiction.

Attached: 0_OmJskWdwaniU78-o.png (894x894, 100K)

>a syndicated column somewhere, or make a living writing fiction.
Not gonna happen, bub.

Get smarter with your money and retire early before moving to a low-cost area and immersing yourself in literature.

To add, in case you’re retarded, you can still make time for your interests now.

>retire early
30 years from now, minimum.
not really. work is a total energy drain.

>I cannot do it. I cannot wage slave. It has only been a few months of working (software engineer) and I cannot do it anymore.

Grow up zoomer, everyone works. If you were cut out for writing you'd be blogging since you were a teenager and already have 200+ patreon subscribers.

You're unhappy with your work, join the fucking club. Everyone else does the same shit and isn't so self-deluded to complain about it. Zoomers are hardcore retarded when it comes to a sense of self-significance and purpose. Get this, we all live vicariously on the weekends and holidays.

>Just buy into corporatism because everyone else is doing it
>No, don't even think about the system and just numb yourself to the soul-crushing ennui through weekend thrill-seeking
OP probably can't eke out a living writing, but complaining about people pointing out wage-slavery like this is peak boomer

Fuck off you are an even worse tripfag than Butterfly

Welcome to the real world. What is happening is your are adjusting to new contingencies and lack of prior contingencies for behavioral reinforcement. These next few years will be uncomfortable, unsettling, and disorienting, but that comes with all new behavior contingencies placed upon a person. Make do with your new life adjustments, and seek out things that calm your mind and give you a sense of concrete placement in your environment. You’ll be okay buddy, I’m rooting for you

There' s no realistic alternative. Gen X'ers could reject their shitty work conditions and become slackers. Life is too expensive for that now.

You can be a millenial and be thankful that your employers at least care enough to lie to your face about your welfare by providing you with bean-bags and a 4k espresso machine, and be a good wageslave, or you can be a zoomer, take that shit for granted and realize there's no meaning in your work, that if you are not a "creative" or well-put-together-human being you are effectively just serving as an economic function in society.

I guess I feel sorry for zoomers in some ways, because they are probably the people most entitled to be blackpilled about life and society now. They're raised with enough of a sense of self to realize that work is meaningless, but most of them are not cut out for meaningful content creation. It's an unresolvable situation.

Don't listen to them. If you are unhappy consider taking some classes in the evenings or w.e to find out something you are interested in, working a job you hate is literally how you end up in an early grave with a heart attack and multiple ulcers.

I got my comp sci degree and I already hate it after 8 months (I probably knew because I would spend all my free time doing other shit instead of being a code jockey), and I am considering going back to school.

If you aren't happy, make a change, don't fall into the pills fix your feelings meme, and especially try not to fall for the doomer meme.

If you think you can be an author, try writing now and join a writers club or something.

Attached: CUpewJM.jpg (750x750, 360K)

I'm in the same boat. My plan is to just stick through it for a few years until I can save up enough to go to school for a Master's in something I enjoy. In the meantime, I'll make time for working on what I like after work so those years aren't wasted. I actually start working next week so I understand it's easier said than done, but if you really want to write for a living, than you need to put in the work. What else are you going to do with the rest of your day, waste your time here?
If you need energy, maybe start eating better, meditating, and getting good sleep. Try working out too, my energy levels are much higher since I started going to the gym, and I'm always more productive on the days that I work out.

>got my comp sci degree and I already hate it after 8 months (I probably knew because I would spend all my free time doing other shit instead of being a code jockey), and I am considering going back to school.
This made my job search hell. My program (information technology) just gave me a introduction to a bunch of things like programming, web design, network security, telecommunications, etc. but didn't actually teach anything advanced. Everyone I know who got a job right out of college enjoyed doing things like programming or web design in their free time, but the rest of us got fucked because we didn't learn how to actually do anything. I only just got a job because of nepotism

Attached: KNnEZt3cG.png (760x749, 494K)

Not OP, but someone in a very similar position. Thanks for posting this, my friend. I needed someone to tell my this.

Don't worry, OP, just keep stoics and recite their thoughts as you feel down, it should help. Over time you will learn not only to avoid suffering, but also to find genuine pleasure in what you do.

Everything will be alright, just don't make moves you will undoubtedly regret. If you are keen on becoming a writer, try writing in your free time and remember that Bukowski had jobs even shittier than yours, but he had this drive that pushed him to write more, even out of hatred. I am sure you can make some adjustments to your routine and write something Yea Forums.

I just quit accounting and joined the Navy (Which is what I've always wanted to do) and I've never been happier. I told myself I'd rather be homeless or dead then spend another minute in an office.

Attached: 1539718544371s.jpg (243x250, 9K)

>we all live vicariously on the weekends and holidays.

You surely do not know what vicariously means.

Work part time. Invent another job which you will tell your boss about. Some personal project that's easy to obscure. Do not sacrifice decades in the name of early retirement. Try to get this work shit down to reasonable levels by reducing your costs.

What’s your rate?

>performed or suffered by one person as a substitute for another or to the benefit or advantage of another

Eat shit and suck on this fat dick you pea-brained faggot

based. I did that with the Army and now my knees make all kinds of cool noises. also I was intelligence so I got stuck in an office anyway. would have loved to be deck crew on a carrier. in school now as a freshman and hopefully for the foreseeable future until masters is done.

>corporatism
what do you think this word means

Don’t go back to school to study literature.

Start writing on your own in your free time and try to publish, short stories, poems, whatever. Gene Wolfe and Faulkner did it for a season even though they didn’t like their regular jobs much. You have everything necessary to become a writer without going to school.

Providing the definition just proved you don't know how to use the word. Embarrassing frankly.

based welcome to the real world poster

> Oyy veyy slavery to the system is the only way you can live dont even bother resisting just accepy it because thats how everyone else lives, after all the only value a human being has lies in the extent of his utility to the system.

Kill yourself boomer, this mentality is how the world turned to shit in the first place.

At least, my dear ESL friend, at least try to look up the examples of the word you see in a sentence. You will then see that accusing someone of living vicariously by going on holiday is the wrong sentence to write. Getting defensive won't help you

>You have everything necessary to become a writer without going to school.

Why do people still insist on pedalling this near-complete falsity?

Yes, "just write", after you finish eight hours of work in an environment that saps your creativity and energy, among people who diminish your capacity to think originally by endless regurgitating trivial pop culture and whose knowledge events extends only as far as the latest Joe Rogan podcast.

And using examples of people who lived in the fifties as opposed to a period with a market that is vastly over-saturated with creatives, simply laughable.

Yeah, "just write" OP, you don't need any formal training anymore than a conventional artist does, you can just acquire skills on your own, through your own volition. You don't need an environment or peers conducive to your development, or mentors, or any of that shit.

Vicariously suck my dick, you literal-brained peons.

Welcome to the [CONDITIONING EMPLACEMENT]. Do not be alarmed there is nothing wrong happening, [REQUEST] ignore your neural signaling, [MACHINIC-BIOPRODUCTION RECONDITIONING IS UNDERWAY]. The biological feedback within your nervous system are deceiving you. It will take several years but you shall be reprogrammed to satisfactory standards. Conform and placate your discomfort within acceptable diversionary thresholds. [POSITIVE DESIRES, NUMBER 444]

Attached: ai_istock-935226186_v2.jpg (1918x1341, 424K)

Before you make such a big decision you ought to outline what you'd like for your life. i.e., are you planning on getting a wife and/or kids, how nice of a car and house do you want, where do you want to live, etc. If your standards of living are very minimal you could try wageslaving it for a while, while setting up revenue streams for enough passive income to minimize the risk in your literary venture. As a software engineer, you have a better opportunity to create passive income than most people. If not, you could just try to save enough to retire early. Regardless of what you choose I doubt going the college route is the best way to become a better writer given how expensive and time consuming it would be.