Why are Scandinavians so good at writing literature?

Why are Scandinavians so good at writing literature?

Attached: Hamsun.jpg (924x1200, 278K)

dubious premise

Look at the population of Scandinavia, then look at the Nobel laureates in literature. They are over-represented to an absurd degree.

kek

Cause they're introverted

Depression and suffering.

or they just look out the window and pick the first sven that walks by

Name some good Scandi literature. I genuinely haven’t heard of any

>Look at the population of Scandinavia, then look at the Nobel laureates in literature
>Look at how overrepresented these fucking Scandinavians are when it comes to getting this award founded by a Scandinavian with a jury full of Scandinavians
oh wow
The Nobel means jack fucking shit with winners like Dyland, Galsworthy and Ishiguro. You look at the list of the winners, and its full of forgotten, mediocre fuckwits.

The Dwarf and The Hangman by Par Lagerkvists

Sult by Hansum

>Sult by Hansum
Hamsun

soil by borjensen

I've read six of Hamsun's works and am very taken. Where do I go next bro's?

Denmark is Nordic, but not Scandi, right? I never know how all those divisions work
Either way Havoc by Tom Kristensen is good

>Nordic, but not Scandi
that's finland

OHNONONONO HAHAHAHAHAHA

This

Hamsun is just bad Garborg desu.

Tell me more, I only enjoy Strindberg.

Isolation and peripherality might be conducive to good literature. Because you are on the sidelines you have a tendency to observe, as that is the most strategically advantageous practice available. Look at Ireland, for instance, which for a small island at the edge of Europe has produced a number of excellent writers.

what's the holland? are they part of it?

...no

My Struggle, by Knausgård
The Wild Duck, by Ibsen

[Denmark, Norway, Sweden] = Scandinavia
[Finland, Iceland, Scandinavia] = the Nordics

Holland's the Netherlands. They're Dutch.

They aren't. Any Scandinavian worth reading is either Norwegian or Danish.

HC Andersen blows everyone out of the water

I read "Holland's the Neanderthals" at first kek.

If you're into history, Sigrid Undset is great.

They’re fucking awful

larger frontal lobes = more creativity

Northern Europeans are simply superior. The fact that, unlike Southern Europeans, they never were tarnished with Afro-Asiatic blood adds up to the argument.

Then why do Scandinavians have such a shit body of literature when compared to the rest of Europe?

They contribute a great deal of pointless domestic naturalist pap if you look at recent years and the wider picture. But if you mean Hamsun and the more inventive ones? To generalize, Scandis are naturally succinct and egotistical. They know what to leave out, but mundane things seem looming with importance to them. Their pro-introversion cultural climate encourages solitary pursuits like literature.

Much smaller population than other groups, latest conversion to Christendom. Still, Norse Mythology beats quite a lot of others.