Which version of the bible should I read and why?

Attached: CugPbxVI.jpg (365x436, 20K)

Vulgate

I highly recommend pic related because you can see it's bullshit getting destroyed in real time and realize after the first couple books how fucking retarded it is.

you can skip ahead to the NT if you want to see how easily dismantled that is as well.

Attached: 41CfoRm-uLL._SX334_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (336x499, 18K)

>t. sad Atheist
Just read King James' version, OP. It's basically considered to be the "original".

If Catholic, consult your country's episcopal conference for a list of available versions. If you want the canonical English Bible, then go with KJV.
I'm currently reading a relatively new ecumenical version in my native language and it's okay as well, which makes me think it doesn't really matter which one you read as long as you read it (naturally excluding all fringe bibles and translations).

frerrar fenton

KJV because you're not a pussy

They're all pretty much the same save for some wording differences. King James Bible is a good bet usually, it isn't extremely outdated in its wording, a little bit but you can skim through and see which fits you

patently false
op, disregard

>half of the commentary is where the editor tries to witty
don't read the SAB, OP. Read the ESV or KJV.

Fucking namefags.

im not even tripfagging though

Actually, OP, Don't read any. You'll be a christchud.

i rebuke you in the name of the father, the son, and holy sipirit

>chud
Yea Forums is a chapocel free board

Attached: 1566168996345.jpg (640x426, 34K)

NAB

OP. I am being impersonated. Read the atheists Bible.

based

go away demon

based young Stephen Merchant

Read the King James Bible.

Go to a used book store, and buy the hardcover copy that feels the most sacred to you

Read Lolita.

Are you really so retarded that you think the SAB refutes the Bible?

Learn Koine and read NT in the original based Greek. Septuagint for OT. Don't bother with Hebrew or Latin

are you suggesting it doesn't?

Attached: BW6desg.jpg (995x1493, 579K)

NKJV RSV OR NIV

>How many gods are there

wtf this author doesn't udnerstand basic english lol

Terrible, conceited and delusional

For the love of God, whoever wrote this needs a holy kick up the arse

It’s sad to see people still clinging onto to the whole enlightenment era tearing down the bible shit. We get it, you’ve been at this for 200 years. Maybe actually create something instead of seething about the same 2000 year old book for literal centuries at this point

Didn’t Augustine basically already do this? And he’s a saint. I don’t think this stuff is as biting to christians as you think. Medieval people knew the whole multiple days thing made no sense, but they weren’t pseuds so they didn’t give a shit

I like King James Revised because it's very pompous sounding.

They're all basically the same as long as you aren't an actual christcuck who cares about the quibbling translations of a few works that change nothing but small bits of mythos. the bible as a literature compilation is the same no matter the translation.

in other words, pick the one that is easiest and most pleasing for you to read. maybe that will be the NIV versions since its very plain-english-modern.