What's the point of reading fiction? what do you get out it?

what's the point of reading fiction? what do you get out it?

Attached: 1566512607086.jpg (673x1024, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

93.174.95.29/main/1502000/2fb466bc7d7ae529cd19646afb0b733e/Harold Bloom - How To Read and Why-Scribner (2000).pdf
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nothin

what's the point of living? what do you get out of it?

93.174.95.29/main/1502000/2fb466bc7d7ae529cd19646afb0b733e/Harold Bloom - How To Read and Why-Scribner (2000).pdf

It's for brainlets who want to feel smart but can't comprehend books on actual history, philosophy, etc.

>actual history

Insights into the human psyche.

i enjoy fiction books

>reading for insight

fun

what's the point of reading non-fiction? what do you get out it?

You get a story out of it you dip
why do you watch movies
get the fuck out of here with this pseudo-elitist bullcrap. None of you actually "wonder" why people read fiction, and even if you don't read it yourself, you have, AT ONE POINT in your miserable lives, been TOLD a STORY.
You started this thread so you could have a fun internet argument and pretend like you're talking to real people.

I don't watch movies? Why would I waste my time with something that isn't real?

good thing 4channel posts are always true

>can't even appreciate aesthetics
>implying people come to literary fiction and cinema for anywhere near the same things
Please be a pasta masterstroke

This

>what do you get out it?
The truth.

read aristotle, dummy

Attached: poetics.jpg (350x520, 54K)

greentext
can we let thie fucking nazi meme die already? the '>' symbol has been stolen and totally ruined by the alt-right shitstains on pol

Aristotle is literally fiction.

>gas the jews et cetera

not funny, didn't laugh

>You will not post any of the following outside of Yea Forums:
>Troll posts
>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.

shut up the fuck up greenposter

because literary fiction can communicate things not possible by other types of writing

Mostly stimulation but to a considerable degree to understand myself through understanding humanity and aspects of it.

>t. hasn't read Forster's Aspects of the Novel

It's entertaining and can present ways of thinking about the real world or at least influence my thoughts in new ways. It's way better than TV and jewvies

Ideas. The ability to think of abstract concepts is what separated us from the animals. Abstract processes are what separate a free thinking man from a commoner.

>"Let's think of a hypothetical. Say you're walking down the-"
oh sorry prof, I don't actually read fiction
>waits outside the classroom

Yeah, fuck you Homer

Philosophy is fiction too. It's just RPG dungeons and dragons magic systems for "men" that have (supposedly) outgrown videogames.

cringe!!!

philosophy is mental masturbation.

God I hate Wil Wheaton. He can't spell his own name, he's so smug and self-righteous, he's so dumb, his wife is cheating on him with the Firefly captain, he inflicts his mental illness on everyone else in rage-fueled tantrums about pointless political bullshit, and he's so dumb. God I hate Wil Wheaton.

Why should someone only content themselves with reading fiction or non fiction?
If you can extract something of value out of it,you should read it.

Attached: 0sqguvpb06a21.png (640x853, 681K)

Because it's enjoyable to read.
/thread

what's the point of posting on IVchan? what do you get out it?

How does the human mind function?

Memory Believes before Knowing Remembers.

Relating to fiction is way more easier so you get both understanding of humanity as well as pleasure reading. Non fiction is just boring fact stream for brainlets who don't have a life.

ok but why do you have to post some ugly whore? what does it have to do with what you wrote? dumb bitch

>Why do you appreciate art? Why don't you only read books about facts, statistics, and human history.
>Having human emotions is pretty cringe

Attached: OP.jpg (220x229, 4K)