How expensive was your last book bought what was it?

How expensive was your last book bought what was it?

Do you believe most books are appropriately priced?

Attached: haha.webm (264x360, 1.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SIXxHb5gRUk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Books on Amazon are appropriately priced. The pricing printed on books however is a rip off.

Attached: BC35BC95-CE92-482B-9131-BD59DAEFDF27.jpg (1242x1203, 369K)

OP here
>thomas sowell basic economics
>~60$

>Julius Caesar
>approximately 1,25 yuros
t. buying used books in a third world country

>bought
Lmao

I know the webm is related. But This was the price of what the last book I bought was and now I understand why piracy exist.

$3, The Portable D.H. Lawrence.

I think new hardcovers and trade paperbacks are much more expensive than they should be. There are paperbacks with fewer than 200 pages priced at $16 or more. They do tend to be more fairly priced on Amazon if you don't mind supporting the evil empire.

10 bucks for a volume of Gay Talese's essays. It should have been cheaper, but I've had a problem finding his work in used bookstores, I guess people just don't read him anymore. Powell's in Portland really spoiled me, Strand in NYC barely holds a candle to it.

just ordered this for $100 the other day.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (468x623, 124K)

I have never paid for a book in my life

Attached: 66f.jpg (1242x1394, 156K)

I choose to buy books if I want to

Attached: gigagod chad.jpg (1080x1207, 98K)

I bought 3 books on a thrift book website for $14. It took like a week to come in but the shipping was free. Also, the condition was good on all of them, one was a hard back and it still had its dust cover.

Looks like Nick's aging has totally accelerated

Who?

i prefer this version with music (yes i know lit doesn't support webms with audio)
youtube.com/watch?v=SIXxHb5gRUk

also Kafka's the trial for $20

>yes i know lit doesn't support webms with audio
found the newfag

>When the fava beans start kicking in

One, no one and a hundred thousand $30
Savage Detectives $20
Iliad $20

Some shit educational book for teenagers they forced me to buy for this long distance study. cost like 40 bux. I also quit the study a few weeks later.

literally 0$
the only downside is that I had to wait 7 months lol xD

I paid around 30 euros for an edition of Dream of the Red Chamber, because the one in my native language is fucking shit.
Though I usually pay ~1-4 Euros for a book.

>paying for books

epic!

it really was mate

Is this anthony hopkins

$38 cad for a damn Latin textbook. Novel was slaughter house five and was.... five dollars heheh

>amazon

I bought the Debroy trans of the Mahabharata box set from Penguin and it was like $80. Don’t regret it. Otherwise, I am willing to spend up to $10 for the average used book, have extreme hesitation as the price exceeds $20. If it’s something I really want and can’t find a pdf of or it’s otherwise rare, I’ll spend as much as is necessary. The Mahabharata is the most expensive one I’ve bought ever, though

Bought a copy of meditations since I wanted a physical one. Was $22

looks more like Malcolm McDowell to me

$13 for a hardcover copy of being and time
seemed reasonable

Attached: 1446512643934.jpg (983x1013, 195K)

sometimes amazon hides cheap used books. use amazon plus the book title in a google search and you get more options.

or just use abebooks

£2

Attached: wordsworth-classics-crime-and-punishment-fyodor-dostoevsky-3379541.png (500x805, 204K)