>" Good weather, user."
>" Were you at the fair, user?"
>" How is work, user?"
>" Be sure to attend your procreator's honouring, user."
>" What will you drink, user?"
>" What do you think about Brexit, user?"
>" I wish I could speak Irish like you, user."
>" The guards have been setting up check points, user."
>" Damn the drink-driving legislation, user.
>" They will not catch us, user."
>" Will you play football, user?"
>" They are looking for players, user."
>" You should be a good footballer, user.
>" Like your procreator, user."
>" Weinstein is a dirty bastard, user."
>" Hollywood is full of them, user."
>" Drink up, user."
>Depart
>Thoughts burden
>Feel ashamed
>Should play ball sport
>Should honour family
>Prefer reading
>Prefer writing
>Enter auto
>Converse with procreator
>Auto drifts
>Skims hedge
>Arrive home
>Espy creature
>Hedgehog
>Shame dissipates
>Become enheartened

Attached: IMG_20190906_213609.jpg (4160x3120, 3.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y5G8AJf4Xzw
duchas.ie/en/cbes/RC?p=1&o=Vol&trans=1
youtu.be/zc26i9dGKWg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ná bí buartha faoin mpeil. Is fearr an iománaíocht. Mar an Cú.
Bhí tú gceart faoina dtoitíní draíochta. Ní fhaca aon gráinneog. Is álainn í. Ainmnigh í.
So are we going to pretend to talk about The Táin Bó Cúailnge to make this Yea Forums?
youtu.be/y5G8AJf4Xzw

Ta a fhios agam. Tagann na smaointí seo 's mé ar meisce. Seafóid i ndáirire. Is breá an rud an raithneach, ach is leor beagán a chaitheamh anois 's aríst. An mbíonn tú ag caitheamh i gcónaí?

Yes, let us talk about it. Darach Ó Scolaí's modern Irish version is excellent. It is a difficult read on account of all its uncommon words. It is worth looking them up as you progress through the book. Thomas Kinsella's translation is the other version of the Táin that I have read. What about yourself?

excellent post, oh pee

I thank you, user.

>mbíonn tú ag caitheamh i gcónaí?
Más fonn orm agus muna bhfuil aon rud a dhéanamh agam, le ceol nó scannáin go háirithe istoíche.
I like Kinsella's but to be honest I thought all the Irish versions were the old Irish. There's a frankness to Kinsella's which fits with the original content, I'm sure a lot of people would have made the poetic exchanges more flowery. I don't find old Irish that hard to read (mostly it has extra silent clusters which make the rhythm of the thing more apparent) it's just hard to find it without a fucked up format online. Can't remember where I got it in the end, probably some government site.
The lists in it are great; have you read At SwimTwoBirds? Finn's lists in that are great even though they're slightly demented too. Irish has the best bragging speeches because we've so many ways to say the same thing.

That is the most significant problem with the English translations. The poetry comes across poorly. I am sure they translators are not to blame. Not all translators are expected to be poets. I do not find old Irish hard to read either. It seems we have great continuity. The only issue I have is reading images of the original script that they were put to paper in. I am sure with enougn study the script will become familiar to me. I think CELT.ie is what you might be refering too.

At Swim Two Birds is presently my favourite English language book. It was a fantastic read. Myles na gCopaleen was some man. Have you read Lig sinn i gcathú?

Bhí oíche dheas agat mar sin? Chaith mé 'duidín' in Uaimh na gCat uair amháin. Bhí orm dul beagáinín aníos ó bhun na huaimhe, óir ní raibh dóthain ocsaigine le fáil chun an dúidín a lasadh. Ach d'éirigh mé sa deireadh.

damn i really enjoyed reading this
is there an archive out there with more stories written in this format

>Uaimh na gCat
Is áit uaigneach ea sin, bheadh eagla orm más mise ag caitheamh ansin istoíche im'aonar. Ba dea-suanmhar é aréir. Bhíos imo leaba sula tháinig tú ar ais.
Haven't read Lig sinn i gCathú. Thanks for the rec. Celt.ie is great, still haven't made my way through it. Have you seen they scanned the School's Folklore project from the 30s in the National Archives? Reading kids write script and transcribing could be a good way to get good.
Here's the untranslated in Roscommon list, hopefully, but you can toggle around to find other places and the transcribed ones if you want to work with a net
duchas.ie/en/cbes/RC?p=1&o=Vol&trans=1

I think the translation problem also is English doesn't have a lot of senses to words or as much focus on assonance. Lots of the beautiful phrases in Irish just don't work in English.

Thank you, user. If you wish, here is the archived thread from yesterday: 'Sea. Uaighneach 's diamhair. Chuaigh mé ann agus cairde liom. Is maith an rud é le cloisteáil go raibh oíche bhreá agat. An mbíonn tú ag obair?

It is a great novel. I mean to find the route the Máirtín takes in the book through 'Baile an Chaisleáin' and hold a "Lá Uí Mhéalóid". Go drinking around the different pubs he was in, in Galway. He is a rather relatable character. I do be reading the transcripts from that project. I already found contributions from my grandmother and great-grandfather. I can read seanchló, but not insular script.

I agree.

Nílím, ach is ealaíontóir mé ar liúntas. Ní droichscéal nó drochshaol é.
I'll definitely pick it up. I already did the village with three pubs and no people down by where the Children of Lir are supposedly buried in Allihies. I think I got that one from MacCarthy's Bar.

Tá tú le moladh mar sin! Cén saghas ealaíon a chleachtann tú? Is státseirbhíseach mé. Mise bocht! Bím ag scríobh nuair atá an t-am le spáráil agam. Sheol mé gearrscéal isteach le déanaí chuig comórtas. Feicfidh mé cén chaoi a n-éireoidh sé.

I never knew of that village. Thank you. What were the three pubs like?

I am trying to read Cré na Cille at the moment.

The Sun is going to its occidental rest.

Attached: IMG_20190907_192340.jpg (3264x2448, 1.09M)

>Cén saghas ealaíon a chleachtann tú?
Surrealism ach ní bheidh mo pension comh hard mar duitse le haghaidh surrealism cothrom i do chuid oibreacha. Go n-éirí an t-ádh leat.
I'm reading a load of pulpy English stuff with the nice weather and the nights still long. Next up is The Boys from Brazil. I'm probably off to bed after that, it's still bright enough here.
I'm not sure if there's still three but the four terraced cottages near the empty holiday home apartment complex that made up the village were three pubs and the home of the people who either owned a pub or the holiday home complex (or maybe both). One of these three pubs had no sign, to keep the nonlocals out. Other than that there's the ruined mines and the grave stone markers of four human swans hidden in some grass verge if you turn left heading south from the pubs. Apparently lots of tourists go there now. I saw nobody but distant relatives and had to explain my family tree upon finding one relative, so I wonder if the one that shut down was the local on moral principle.

Based effortposting

>Procreator
Vivipariter would be a cooler word for what you’re saying if I hadn’t invented it just now

Go raibh maith agat. An bhfuil aon ealaín le taispeáint agat?
Sure you have to give variety on this board. I like the writing style too. Vivipariter? What meaning from these compounded Latin words do you extract and compare to procreator precisely?

Attached: IMG_20190906_215351.jpg (3120x4160, 1.06M)

going for the hexa boyos

and again. i'll say some shit as well: existentialism is the only philosophy worth adhering to in this day and age

Alas, it became hept.
I say no! Romanticism abú! Burn the civic areas. Walk in a meadow.

holy shit, that riff is based on Marcshlua Uí Néill. very nice user, thanks for sharing.
Irish culture is absolutely beautiful, from the traditional music to the literature. Even the language sounds like it was designed for poetry. i'll probably start exploring the irish language once i'm competent at german

Good ear, user. I never picked that up. There is a lot of joy and insight to be found in the literature of Ireland. But you can find that out in due time should you acquire the tongue of the Gael. And begod there are plenty of Irish poetry competitions to try your hand at here. You may get a nice few pennies.

OP actually trying to make a nice post, and I even enjoyed reading it. what has Yea Forums come to

I like these threads

I appreciate this post, I really like the style. Also, hoping to pick up a little Irish while I'm here so I can read some stuff in the original language. Don't know where to start though; Duolingo, a book, or try to find a beginners' group? Is Club Chonradh na Gaeilge in Dublin a meme?

I appreciate ye'er kindly words, anons.

As for the latter user, 20 minutes a day spent focused on grammar, vocabulary acquisition or expression over the length of year can build much. I would always encourage you to structure your learning on a topic you like. Use foclóir.ie, teanglann.ie and potafocal.ie for help. Simple Google searches can explain grammar. Conradh na Gaeilge does offer classes, but I personally think it unnecessary unless you find you need guidance. Try self-directed learning first. I learned Irish that way. Moreover, the Dublin Conradh na Gaeilge can be full of insufferable ideologues. Depending on your politics and principles, you may like them.

Sleep. Sleep. I must sleep or fall asunder. We'll see what morrowtide brings.

I, too am in possession of a thesaurus

It sounds more like he read a couple Edwardians. Though anyone who uses the word saunter immediately gets marked as touched by Wodehouse in my mind, so make of that what you will.
Ní chóir dom iad a cuir ar 4channel. Uaireanta cuirim dánta air, ach sin an mhéad.
They've several albums based on classic tales. The Táin is a masterpiece though. They backmask the chorus in the final track, so people looking for satanism get an extra round of "now we've got time to kill".
youtu.be/zc26i9dGKWg
Books are good, but try to pick up TG4. They dub cartoons and hearing it spoken makes it easier to read and talk. Any of the comhrá clubs can attract politicos and hipsters. The trick is to get good enough you can redirect the conversation. Have a spiel about your day or something you like talking about in your head ready to go.

I do not see why the utilisation of a thesaurus is a negative thing. Thankfully, I have an abundant word-hoard as is.
I cannot say I have read many Edwardian writers. Not that I can recall. I read their letters and such through the study of history. The word saunter was introduced to me at some distant time, possibly through conversation. Wodehouse is an interesting fellow. Thank you for making me aware of him. I shall endeavour to read his writings.

I echo your suggestions. TG4 also has a great amount of originally produced dramas and documentaries.