Based trickster archetype

I would like to to read trickster tales, but not basic trickster folktales. I want something hardcore.

Who is the most based, the smartest, the most mischievous, most malignant trickster character you ever encountered in literature? Someone whose tricks leaves you completely thunderstruck?

Attached: 20090518-loki.jpg (330x412, 42K)

Loki does alright

Jesus Christ

Jews?

The Confidence-Man: His Masquerade

Bump. I'm interested too

Bump

Interested in this too. I quite enjoyed the holy fools in Laurus, and the fool in King Lear is one of my favourite characters.

Whichever Henry play of Shakespeare's has that asshole villain who can talk ANYBODY into ANYTHING. His rhetorical skills were so tricky they made me feel physically ill and despise myself and my fellow man for our credulity.

Arséne Lupin, basically the originator of the Gentleman thief trope. He is full of great tricks, not so much robbing people, but outsmarting his opponents while robbing people.
Odin was also a trickster character alongside of being a ruler and a wanderer. Odysseus fits this as well.
But if you want hardcore folklore trickery, just look at 'The History of Reynard the Fox'. Some of his acts are just cruel(peeing in wolfcubs eyes so that they will go blind also raping the wolfs wife) but others are really clever and cunning. Reynard is literally the face of fictionary tricksterdom.

Attached: Reynard-the-fox.jpg (565x727, 158K)

This. Or just Yaweh in general

>The History of Reynard the Fox
I had a comic about this guy when I was a kid. I loved this little motherfucker lol.

Attached: 91Kf-66SecL.jpg (1522x2008, 683K)

Woland in The Master and Margarita might be what you're looking for

I snapped this from /X a few weeks ago and I think it applies to this thread.

Attached: ur-kel.png (789x834, 529K)

My diary desu

there's a hare in Quechua stories that's a fucking sociopath, literally kills every predator with his tricks, a total jerk

Reynard the Fox is pretty severe

Based

>Nasreddin Hodja

Probably The Joker 2 b h

True gamers understand.

Does Yea Forums count ?

Attached: Sja_s2_ep09_trickster_01.jpg (1024x768, 129K)