I just spent the last few days writing up 4k words and it was all shit

I just spent the last few days writing up 4k words and it was all shit.

Attached: 398593.png (192x263, 7K)

now write 4k more and see if it's better

Write one true sentence at a time papah

Man 4k is awesome. Just be consistent man. Writing is something that is developed. Don't give up, user. You got this

Don't listen to this user. Give up, writing is not for you. You're either born with it or not.

I'm actually glad that my 6th grade literature teacher said there was only one kid in the classroom who had talent for writing, and that you're either born with it or not. At the time I had a dream of becoming a writer, and probably spent the most time among my classmates on writing assignments. I felt crushed, but with some time, I learned to accept it.
You too need to accept the fact that you're low-IQ and move on, like I did. Even if you spend all your days writing, your improvement will only be marginal and you will still never achieve the level of an actually talented writer. Instead, you will have given up a lot of other things that would have made your life meaningful and fulfilled, like relationships. Your autistic devotion to this one skill will be laughed at by those who have actually achieved results in it with much less effort. It's a dead end. Sorry to break it to you like that, but that's just the way it is. The sooner you accept it the better.

Forgot to add that the teacher mentioned explicitly who the kid was with the talent for writing, and it was some girl (who wasn't me).

Sounds like he wanted to fugg that girl because I bet her writing was shit. What I remember from girls writing in school especially that early was how fucking insufferable they were with details. Their shitty good at rule following female brains just received the “add more details” education and weren’t able to comprehend the sappiness of it.

That...is the most pathetic anecdote I've ever read.

The teacher was an old woman, but I respected her and found her to be more intelligent and knowledgeable than me at the time. You're right, the girl had a lot of details in her writing, much more than I did. The major writing assignment for which she got the praise was some allegory about anthropomorphized wolves or some shit. I was actually highly impressed by her writing, considering her age was about the same as mine.

What's pathetic about it?

Dude, you were in 6th grade. Give yourself a break. Also your teacher sucks. It sounds like something you were genuinely interested and passionate about got crushed because you thought weren't good enough. Fuck that. If you like writing then just write. There are no requirements, and don't let someone tell you otherwise. What does some 6th grade lit teacher know about your potential as a person anyways? Who the fuck are they? Rethink your life, user

It's ok, I'm gonna be a janitor.

100% this. That teacher was based.

>In one of my college classes this dude I sat next to kept telling me how his dream was to become a famous novelist.
>Tell him I was just taking the class because I needed the credits.
>Professor gives a a writing prompt so she can gauge what our writing looks like.
>Next day, the dude is bragging about the stupid flowery bullshit he wrote, "I wanted to explore the idea of love."
>Professor walks over to me and asks if she could read my paper to class because it blew her away.
>Tells everyone "This is what fantastic because blah blah blah."
>Dude switched spots to other side of class and never spoke to me rest of the semester.

How fragile are you that you'd throw a fucking tantrum and stop chasing your dream because "Teacher didn't like me."
Also middle school writing isn't shit. What makes you think your writing ability at 11 years old is any indication of your potential?

Anons writing sucks because user writes for others. When anons writing matters to user hell be able to reach FLOW... without FLOW user will continue to be stuck writing useless crap.

>How fragile are you that you'd throw a fucking tantrum and stop chasing your dream because "Teacher didn't like me."
That's another point though, is that the teacher actually liked me, we were on really good terms and she appreciated the effort I put into my studies. That's another reason why I couldn't cope by telling myself the teacher didn't like me and that's why she said I don't have what it takes to be a writer. She just told us the way it is, and I recognized that it was true (it was objectively not hard to recognize what she was saying was true). Some people are born talented, others not and that's ok. You can't win at all things in life.
>What makes you think your writing ability at 11 years old is any indication of your potential?
Because IQ is relatively stable and I have a low literary IQ. I'm still only a marginally better writer than I was in 6th grade. It took me (still does) many hours to write just a few hundred words and it's usually objectively poor writing. I recognize the fact that I don't have talent for writing and just move on. I have no desire to cope and waste time with something I have no talent in.
If you have a talent for writing it doesn't matter who you're writing for, you're still able to produce good writing. You're clearly more interested in copes than in reality, so I won't say more to you.

>What makes you think your writing ability at 11 years old is any indication of your potential?
Your IQ at 11 is your IQ forever.
You're just coping.

>literary IQ

iterary IQ is not a thing, but what I assume you mean is intelligent writing, how to write good characters, a story with flow and more nuanced things than what I mentioned. However, all of this can be learned, there are workshops and there are exercises. Sure, some people may have those things come to them more easily than to others, but everyone has to work on that and no amount of talent will replace the work needed. And also some intelligence is relatively stable yes, but not for life. 11 year olds are not smart at all which is normal, and your fluid intelligence reaches its peak at around 16 years old and stays like that until your forties when it slowly begins to decline. That is intelligence for learning new things and the speed at which you learn and remember them while crystallized intelligence represents things you have learned and that never stops growing as long as you keep learning. So that whole stat that is often thrown around about intelligence being stable and genetic is just misleading. Yes, one type of intelligence is stable for a period of your life (when it's at it's peak actually) and yes it is partially genetic and innate, but if you are thinking about writing then odds are that the genetic lottery didn't do you any bad, in fact you are probably anywhere from average and above. And finally, don't be so easily discouraged. That teacher is not only a dick, but incorrect. Talent sometimes reveals itself later and you probably have some sort of anxiety related to writing that is blocking your talent since the whole ordeal is still with you (and the whole fact that 11 year olds cannot be good writers at all, they can know storytelling techniques, but their literal emotional development is not at an adequate level yet. This and about intelligence can all be read in any intro to psychology or in your highschool psychology workbooks if you still have those.) And like I said, talent requires a lot of work and courage and discipline so get to work and be bold, don't try to impress others (to me it sounds like that's what you did with your professor), but try to bring yourself out in writing, your own style of thought and all that. And finally finally, if you decide to give it up or not, don't let it be because of other people. (1/2)

Speaking from personal experience pursuing art and experience of others, some of it about writing, some not, people will try to bring you down for the stupidest of reasons. Then they will give you even stupider reasons for why you were rejected. You'll ask around and find that your reasons were similarly stupid to reasons of others. And when you tell your story to others, you'll find that many people have had a similar experience. That is because most people have a hard time recognizing talent and work and people in power, alongside that, are also motivated by political goals or greed. Rejection does not mean you are worthless, it just means that you did not fit in with the picture the people in power had. After all, there is no shortage of stories about writers, actors or musicians being rejected multiple times and called talentless before becoming very successful and proving everyone wrong. So prove yourself wrong, then. You have all of this knowledge, take classes, try to write. If it sucks, think critically how to improve it. It doesn't always work, especially at the start, but that doesn't mean you suck, it just means you have to keep going at it and eventually you will see that you were wrong and that you do have a talent and by then you'll have discipline too. Everything will fall in place at that one moment and, despite having a long way to go, you'll go on and prove the world wrong. Go write something right now and do all of that. Good luck. (2/2)

Attached: mountcope.jpg (1024x768, 123K)

>If you don't agree with my reductionistic worldview you're coping wahhh

This. Even a castle is made brick by brick. And regarding those anons telling you to give up because you have to be "born with it", fuck them. If your will is so weak as to listen to anonymous people on a Chinese frog-breeding forum, you should indeed give up.

Notice that none of the people who give advice like that have accomplished anything in literature. Talented, accomplished writers know that you're either talented or not, and there's nothing you can do to change that. For losers giving advice like yours is just a way to cope with your own failure - to keep telling yourself that surely with time you will improve! A year passes, ten years, and you are still telling that to yourself, despite the fact that any rational observer will see that you're just not cut out for it.
Give up.

>Calls hard work coping in order to cope with having no discipline and will power

Haven't laughed like this in days, thank you user

people who post 'cope' again and again sure seem like they've reached complete acceptance don't they

I just spent the last few days writing up nearly 8k words and I'm still not finished, but I think it's "ok" so far

Post em op. What your gotta loss?

>If you were not born with the genetics of an athlete you should not play football
>If you were not born with the capacity of identifying perfect pitch, you should not play an instrument
>If you were not born with a perfect palate, you should not cook
The only one who's coping here is you.

I bet you have nurses blow your nose, since only a select few could be gifted with perfect nose-blowing abilities. Do you also leave prayers to monks and sex to strumpets? Must I be born with ballet in my blood to dance to a pleasant tune? We tell stories because storytelling is part of life. Will you remain a blob of sensations or will you join the rest of your race in song?

cope

> We tell stories because storytelling is part of life. Will you remain a blob of sensations or will you join the rest of your race in song?

Almost brought tears to my eyes. Beautifully put, user.