Isn't the fact that access to the gospel was not even nearly universalized enough proof that God doesn't particularly...

Isn't the fact that access to the gospel was not even nearly universalized enough proof that God doesn't particularly care about any of us?

Attached: 1rqyxl.jpg (1201x714, 78K)

But the gospel IS almost completely universalized.

the inherent unfairness in access to the gospel is a good argument against certain models of salvation, particularly membership of a certain organization.

However, I don't see why this is evidence that "god doesn't care about us." Different people's have different destinies. This is clear with the distinction of the jews in the old testament.

Jesus seems to praise people in the new testament who are members of different cultures, like samaritans. He typically focuses on their humility, honesty, or genuine attempt to do what's right.
I think these are universal principles of christianity that are accessible to all.

Maybe now but what about all the fucking Vikings and yanomami that might have wanted to know the way the truth and the life. Face it, before someone is even allowed to choose Christ, they have to win some crapshoot lottery first. Oh but I suppose it's much more important for God to hide himself than for particular people to be saved.

(follow up)

Don't make the mistake of making a systematic model for salvation. Think about how organic life and human beings are. Wouldn't this extend to how God works? Why would spirituality be some abstract rigid system?

Maybe because we are actually cut off from The Platonic good and left to the complete disposal of some maniac? What kind of caveman can only concieve of one deity?

Is sending one (and only one) son in ancient Palestine (a backwater province of the Roman Empire) the best way an omnipotent God could think of to redeem mankind?

And why was there a time skip? Adam sinned long ago, but God remembered about solving original sin only around the time of the Roman Empire. Why did he skip over such a long period of time? The people who lived between the time of Adam and that of Jesus had no chance at salvation, except possibly those who were lucky enough to be born Jewish. This is the inconsistency of turning a tribal god (the god of the Jews) into a universal God (the God of the Christians).

Also, a classic justification for the coming of Jesus during Roman times is that the providential mission of Rome was to unite the "world" in preparation of the coming of the Son of God. This is a vision of the "world" centered around the Mediterranean Sea; what about Japan? What about the Americas? Rome never "united" shit besides the lands on the Mediterranean coasts and portions of northern Europe and the Middle East. The "world" the Christians spoke of was a small thing.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm not saying God has to be this way or that. I'm just saying it would be a mistake to think of God in a simplistic way, given how complicated nature itself is. eg. saved/not saved is a binary function of whether you read the new testament and said you accept jesus.

Romans 1:
19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

This just proves he's an asshole. Also much of Romans speaks of the condition of inherited original sin and the necessity of knowing Christ. Since I always post these verses, I will refrain from it this time.

god in his judgement takes that into account

And does what? Gives them fucking salvatory amnesty? GTFO of here

Not necessarily, but it does indicate that
1. The Gospels are not necessarily the end-all be-all when it comes to the search for God.
2. God isn't a "person" and shouldn't be thought of as one.
If the West understood both of the above it would solve 90% of their retarded religious questions and dilemmas. Even if they could just get the second point it would solve like 70%.

Stop thinking about spirituality like its an engineering problem or some shit you dumb anglo

I'm pretty sure the thread is meant to Criticize the Christian conception of God in particular

It's literally a criticism of the the European Christian perspective alone, which due to their racial character and understandings completely removed the mysticism and spirituality from Christianity and instead interpreted it like you're interpreting it now - like its some engineering problem.
>Wow God sucks because he couldn't get everyone into Heaven faster
I mean shit if it continues like this soon you people will be asking the most absurd literalist questions of what is purposely an esoteric and mystic spiritual tradition like the absolute autists that you are. Scientism and the anglo's Christianity are two sides of the same autistic coin. No wonder Hinduism and Buddhism seem so liberating to those of you who choose to accept them, it must feel like the spiritual equivalent of a cold glass of lemonade on a hot southern day.

Christianity itself declares that it's not a mystery school. II Corinthians 11:3

Firstly, I wasn't implying that Christianity was strictly a mystery school, but rather that it must be understood mystically and not literally. Secondly, I am genuinely very curious how you interpret that verse to mean that Christianity is not a mystery school. Walk me through your thought process.

Paul is pretty obviously speaking against occult disciplines of greater intellectual and logical robustness.

Just saying it is "pretty obvious" doesn't make it so. How is it "obvious"? What Paul is preaching against are simply different schools on Jesus that are contrary to his own, he is not implying his own teachings have no mystery or layers of interpretation to them. In fact in many places he implies that his teachings do in fact contain those qualities.

Paul speaks on mystery, yes but he always exhorts against seeking rites into greater intellectual understanding of these mysteries.

>buaah God didn't pick my particular tribe.

Jews are set as an example of human failure.