Solves philosophy before it existed

>solves philosophy before it existed

Attached: 1545057061103.jpg (300x300, 33K)

bump

The Vedas have existed as long as human civilization (so since the very beginning)
They only needed to be written down five thousand years ago

Attached: Bhagavan Vedavyasa Ganesha.jpg (660x405, 62K)

where do I start with reading them? I grabbed a couple texts at a used bookstore the other day, the upanishads, rig veda, ramayana, bhagavad gita. I really have no clue about the translation of the ones I got, and some are rather short and undoubtedly abridged, but they were dirt cheap and I figured they could at least serve as an introduction.

Attached: stak.jpg (2336x4160, 1.6M)

If it's a question that can be solved without leaving any space for doubt, it's not philosophy and if there is no possibility of even hypothetically coming up with a formal, adequate refutation, then it's not science, but instead a piece of dogma.
Philosophers may aspire to look for wisdom, but philosophy may never claim to be wisdom.
The Gita's the shortest one, and is mostly about dharma. The Rig Veda's mostly hymns in praise of the devas. The Upanishads is a mixture of instructions for sacred rituals and metaphysics.
India has had many schools of real philosophers, comparable to those of Europe, but none of its sacred texts are philosophical, if we use Plato's dialogues or Kant's Critiques as exemplary models of what philosophical writing ought to be.

>The Vedas have existed as long as human civilization

Untrue.

Hinduism is pretty great, but it's hard to find an entry point and to make it accessible. I suppose Alan Watts recordings are a pretty good warmup.

Interesting, I kind of mixed the two in my mind without thinking about. Well, would the sacred texts be pretty foundational for understanding the philosophers? Do they build on these texts like western philosophers might draw on the bible? What are some Indian philosophers to look into?

>cope, the religion

I really want to know How they solved Liar's paradox. I only know nagarjuna's case; he never took the law of contradiction.

Not true, the texts are dated according to linguistics and information from archaeology, not the manuscript dates. They were only written down in the middle ages.

>india
>people of indus
>indus is in pakistan

Attached: 1565131466876.jpg (398x376, 37K)

>Race is determined by today's current standards of origins

>Fails waste management centuries after it exists

>thiruvananthapuram
goddamn, absolutely based name

Consciousness made philosophy a problem to begin with. Will philosophy solve the problem of consciousness?

What is indian philosopher's position to the Fourteen unanswerable questions by Gautama? Did they thought they can solve it later? Or did they keep that attitude?
related question, 是命是身命即是身 was one of the question he said he remained silent.

>poos outside of loo after it was invented

They can't figure out public sanitation But they solved philosophy.
Unlikely

Those are the same thing user

you're a fucking hypocrite faggot
hinduism started from indus and you haven't even included it in the map. you're determining the origins with respect to today's standards.

yes here is the full indian cultural 'sphere' not today's political india

Attached: Bharatvarsha.gif (400x337, 11K)

"place of origin" faggot not the whole sphere

a portion of hindu civilisation started from south india as well

Because that modern region is now inhabited by muslims.

who were hindus for literally thousands of years. and still their values, cultures, teachings, caste system etc. are almost similar to hindus(at least for punjabis and sindhis).