What does Yea Forums think about these books...

What does Yea Forums think about these books? I've read on Yea Forums that there is a lot of stupid bullshit in the books and they had to cut it all of for the show to be good.

Is that true?

One user for example told me that there are several pages in the book that talk about Daenerys taking a leaky shit.

Attached: images (4).jpg (260x241, 18K)

I haven't read them but if Yea Forums said something you can usually discount it and infer that the exact opposite thing is true. I have never seen a more braindead bunch of retards, they literally get angry if you try to discuss movies seriously.

Absolutely horrid series.
First book is alright, but by the second one you can already feel martin losing his own threads.
There are some fun details that are fairly well implemented (if you pay attention to the families' sigils everytime he starts ranting about them, you can infer events that happen fairly far on), however that does very little to help his horrendous style and structure. The story itself is engaging until you realize the man has absolutely no idea what's going on.
By book three, you'll wonder how the guy ever got published.
Four and five are comedically bad.

>what does Yea Forums think about this extremely popular, anti-war series
idk user take a guess

I couldn't get past his prose and stopped at just about 100 pages into the first book.

This is a good assessment

How is it anti war if there is a happy ending

>First book is alright
I agree, if this whole story was one volume and the length of say Lord of the Rings, it'd be much better and less bloated, but that would require a good amount of discipline from the writer and a talented editor to make it work, but I think there's enough material here to make it work, it's a shame really but long drawn out book series are where the real money is these days in Fantasy.

Brilliantly put, I agree with the idea of condensing it to a single, disciplined, volume. One of the things that destroys the narrative by the third book is the inability to thread so many minute, ultimately inconsequential, details together. A good editor and a finer discipline from the writer would go a long way.
But the book series bringing in the real money is so true it hurts.
Sad that the question always seems to be: do you want to be rich, or do you want to be an artist

Why not both? Make your dumbed down shit for the masses to make money and then fund your passion projects

Honestly don't know why that's never struck me, I wonder how many authors did something similar. Since we're already talking pulpy authors, I have a feeling philip dick might have done something similar. Many of his short stories read like an author just paying rent, still good don't get me wrong, but then he has his Exegesis, which is something else entirely.

>having a happy ending
>asoiaf
>having any ending at all

Attached: EE776CF6-8CDD-4738-9997-108824225923.png (565x486, 461K)

It isn't over, at least in the books everybody is still continents away from each other.

>hurrr just read the books

Attached: 862.jpg (493x379, 29K)

I feel like I'm in the minority on Yea Forums with this but I enjoy ASOIAF. The series probably ended up being too ambitious for its own good, but I like the stuff that is there. The characters are relatable and the world is cool. There isn't really that much sex scenes and such, people complaining about them just haven't read any properly gross books. If you're looking for some larger than life piece of art you probably won't find the books too impressive but idk why you would be reading fantasy in the first place if that's the case.

>what does Yea Forums think about X shitty genre fiction series

there's literally a containment thread for you fucking CUNTS

1 is great, 2 is a big step back, 3 is the best of the bunch, 4 is a major wtf entry to the series, and 5 is equal parts wtf and entertaining. Tbh if he ever gets around to releasing 6 it could be pretty good - 5 ends at major cliffhangers for just about everyone.

Midwit af

Only 3rd book is worth reading, rest are waste of time.
t. Spent entire summer reading that shit couple of years ago

His prose and the content of the story is far more engaging and well thought out in the later books.

Pretty sad when you realise he was already fairly old and established when he started the series, but it is what it is.

ADwD is the best book in the series, fite me

if you think the book ending will even resemble the way the show ended you are mad

Its boring trash just like lotr. read it if you want to read detailed paragraphs on how the weather is in a particular day

100% correct. Books 4 and 5 are crap.
>I’ve already written 2000 pages, what do?
>Spend hundreds more pages introducing new characters and their stories
>Kill off all the new characters, their stories have zero effect on the main storyline anyway
>No resolution, very little progress for any of the main characters/storylines
As other anons have pointed out, GRRRRM obviously has no clue how to finish the series and likely never will. And nothing of value was lost.

>Tbh if he ever gets around to releasing 6
I’ve got bad news for you, user. Even if he releases book 6 it won’t resolve shit. The fat fuck has already been talking about a book 7 for some time.

hey chaz you are a absolute mong for reading this shit and george is a fat smelly pleb.

I mean shit, GRRM himself already did that with spinoff books (Knight of the Seven Kingdoms is a nice read) and completely new projects.

>inb4 sunset found her squatting in the grass

I wonder how many have jerked it to that passage

>The characters are relatable
This is said every time a pleb defends his pleb shit.

“Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up, she was shitting brown water. The more she drank the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew.”

Attached: 3B6D232F-E9BA-4878-8906-A38B833E2F91.jpg (274x200, 11K)