How is possible to depict love in literature in a time where love doesn't exist anymore...

How is possible to depict love in literature in a time where love doesn't exist anymore? How is possible to talk about "Donna Angelicata" and "Religio Amoris" when a 99% of Westerner girls are roasties toasties?

Attached: 1541206438386.jpg (498x471, 70K)

You know what? This is me, basically. I spent a decade or so fucking around, and now I'm not really sure how to have a normal relationship. I'm male, btw.

True Love is of the Spirit, not the flesh

Imagine valuing women solely for sex and being incapable of feeling love. I understand your lives are unenjoyable.

I'm not talking about me, is the female love that's gone.

That's what I'm talking about. They still being beautiful, but now their spirit is corrupted

Do you get out often? Are you fearful of talking to women? Are you able to be humble and vulnerable? I live in a town that is notorious for being filled with garbage people(criminals, minorities, mentally ill, and general assholes being the majority over normal people) and have found a few women of worth.

>few women of worth
They're pretty much 1 in 1000, but they're still out there.

OP, virtually everyone gets what they deserve relationship-wise. Spend time bettering your body, mind, and spirit.

Very disturbing thread
I doubt any of you have human feeling

I don't care about getting or not getting laid, I have trascended. I just want to know if romantic themes in literature still worthwhile, or if they just are old-fashioned

>Why yes, I am a pro-natalist, who believes babies should pass through My Wife's birth canal
>Also FUCK roasties and their streched out cunts!

Are you the English teacher from the other thread?

FUCK OFF JESUS

I feel more than you do. That is the difference between you and me.

Attached: 12958044915_c222bca671_n.jpg (254x320, 41K)

I don’t doubt YOU suffer more than most
I was referring to the feelings that make us human, swine

You seem to be using this place as a zoo where you find enjoyment in throwing stones at the animals, rather than as a place to understand the youth as you claimed. You should understand that berating people for growing up in an environment that they did not choose does not make you righteous. Berating them only does more harm for everybody and does no good. I would only hope that you wouldn't project these things onto your own students.

Fuck that. This isn’t pre school. Those kids are gonna be the greatest or they are gonna suffer, and it’s gonna come by strikes against their ineptitude!

Stop being mean to Jesus; He's had a hard enough time as it is.
>implying whores are a modern invention
>implying you cannot love a whore
Just how poorly read are you, faggot?

Already did

Attached: up-here.jpg (1000x558, 126K)

>Jesus comes back to get triple dubs
Nice

have you ever considered user that it is you that is unloveable?

That attitude is only going to create more anger and division. You think you are self-righteous but you are only creating worse conditions.
I was physically and verbally abused by my family and my social skills suffered because of this. I was an outcast. My peers treated me like I had the plague. Adults glared at me as if I had murdered their child. I had commited no crimes and never considered hurting anybody yet I was treated as if I deserved the death penalty. Out of the thousands of people I have met in my life only one teacher saw the clear signs of psychological trauma I had and with humility asked if I was alright. I refused to open up to him given my life of abuse, but I still appreciate him for the inquiry.
If nothing else, treat these people with the same basic respect that you do everyone else. Giving evil glares and berating innocent people will only worsen their mental state, if it has any effect at all.

Roastie toastie is human nature. Chaste virgin in modern meme.

cope harder you whore

The breeder is quiet pleased
To go around and spread his seed
And as a present to his bastard spawn
He’s passed life’s woes to carry on
A nagging wife he calls his rock
His life devouted to his cock
His freedom gone, the end draws near
“At least I’m not an incel queer”
Dear reader heed and scorn this fate
Abstain from girls and masturbate

Kek. The only ones who ever preach this shit were incel philosophers, who never got laid in their lives and harboured an incel-like antipathy towards anyone who is actually chad. That's why no one takes this MUH SPIRIT shit seriously because it's just some incel cope

Bugman cope

A pretty girl’s a paradox
Lovely to look at lovely to touch
Heaven it is to hold her hand
But conversations rather bland
Be warned user, look above
Lest you waste your life and call it love

Socrates was married.

Let the lonely have their verse
For their lot couldn’t be worse
As we carry on the flame
Of our righteous heavenly fathers name
To us they need to cast their blame
To project what fear from shame
For neither spoiled nor spared
Happy neither here not there
Though nature provides all fair in this
life and love belong to those who care for it

This has nothing to do with the thread. If anything, the concerns are reversed—men fear that women who “sowed their wild oats” before “settling down” will never truly be able to love them for who they are, will only love them for whatever material possessions they have, and may eventually abandon them and everything noble they’ve together for the next piece of candy who catches their eye, often for somebody who is more attractive yet shallow so they can have their cake and eat it too.

Like it or not, this is a life strategy played out by a significant proportion of women, and men who are caught in this trap suffer immensely.

It would be nice to find people who value intimacy and haven't subscribed to the bastardization of relationships and sex into some form of twisted commodity. Found out how bad it is by losing my virginity with an app girl and going out with her for some time.
There's nothing to envy in the bleakness present on the eyes of anyone who sleeps around, and frankly, I believe most anons who give a semblance of value to love or intimacy will find only desolation by pursuing these kinds of relationships.

Are you me?

Lonely is as lonely does
Without the need to look above
God speaks to man in silence divine
Not from the slapping of behinds
A solitary walk’s more sacred
Than a whole nunnery stripped naked
Art though fulfilling truly heavenly station
Or is it merely exalted procreation?
A father is a tyrant by mother made
Don’t enchain yourself just to get laid

No, but could you tell me about your experiences?

Is there any hope in fiding a virgin girl in the early 20s range ?

Tried to forget young love by losing my virginity to a random closing time bar hookup, hated it afterwards. Barely talked to the girl and I'm kinda disgusted by sex in general now. I know a lot of people who value intimacy in a healty way, but all of them are in steady relationships with essentially their highschool sweethearts. I just feel like I missed my shot and hate myself for it. I just want to hold hand and be in love, fuck this world.

I found one, but I screwed it up, and she was so right for me.

Dude, what? I could fuck a girl who is uber hot, but I would rather live and spend my life with a 5/10 girl who i super jive with then a 10/10 that I couldnt stand. Looks is definitely a part of it, id have a hard time going 4 or bellow, but I think personal connection outweighs looks in longform relationship.

The only people incapable of feeling love is the modern woman riding the cock carousel.

a lot of them are doing that because a guy broke their heart.

I'd wager to say that most girls with a nice personality get above 4 or so in looks alone just because they tend to exercise some modicum of self-care. Every ugly woman I've ever interacted with have been self-centered and obnoxious and I don't think it's just coincidence.

Cry me a river. He wouldn't have broken your heart if you wasn't so loose and actually waited until marriage. You were a whore and he treated you as such.

Maybe at some of the more extreme churches, but she'll likely be an insufferable cunt

it's a bizarre feeling, knowing your life ended before you can even do anything. I wouldn't even know what to do next in this life

Attached: 1567021978662.png (251x201, 9K)

>tried to forget young love by losing my virginity to a random closing time bar hookup, hated it afterwards.
Thought I was moving on from my romanticism and infatuations by going on apps
>I'm kinda disgusted by sex in general now
Same, hate how base it makes me feel, how diminished I see myself after the act
>I know a lot of people who value intimacy in a healty way, but all of them are in steady relationships with essentially their highschool sweethearts
Yes to all of this.
>I just feel like I missed my shot and hate myself for it.
Don't hate yourself, user; you were a child at the time. Hate those in power who see people as a means to an end and debase the human soul and dignity for more power and influence.

Why do you write like that? It looks retarded.

none of you deserve love

Probably because I'm esl. Could you elaborate on what you dislike about it?

So much hate. Did another chad whom you thought loved you just pump and dump you again ?

Dilate

I don't know what esl is. It looks retarded because it's not a natural way of speaking to people. It makes me think you're not capable of writing paragraphs and responding to multiple points without that crutch of quoting individual lines. I think a lot of people feel the same way I do which is why you don't really see it as often anymore except when you're dealing with retards. It's why I don't even read people who write like that.

*English as a Second Language*

I don't see why that would matter since quoting individual lines isn't a normal part of any language

Retard

Probably true, but I still want to believe. Nay, I Must still believe.

Why? Women are terrible, you're terrible. There is no love.

The guy you are communicating with has been kind and redpilled this entire thread dude. Mega cringe l

Some women are not, even if many are.

I thought you were talking about my writing style, not just breaking his post into greentext. Frankly, I did it in part because I wanted to reply quickly, and also due to simple laziness.

> a time where love doesn't exist anymore
you're buying into the incel propaganda
go out more

I don't get why you lads hate women so much. In my experience they're generally very kind people. Sure, I'm a virgin and I haven't fallen in love yet, but nothing about the nature of the women I've met in my life makes me think it's impossible.
Stop blogging on mongolian throatsinging forums about how bitter you are and go improve yourselves and interact with people if you want to fall in love.
Probably drop the misogyny too.

Attached: 6da9f90606780898ad2be6017ee13e808abda499.jpg (2728x3913, 814K)

do women really think their being clever when they write stuff like this ?

It depends on what you mean by "ugly". I've meet people who aren't conventionally attractive and are still decent people. It's people with bad hygiene who tend to be insufferable. If a person can't take care of their appearance and bathe, then I hate to imagine what their soul is like.

Virginity means less than nothing by itself. As a variable I've never seen it have any observable effect on a person's character. Well, apart from people who are virgins and bitter about the fact of course.

Trust me lad I wish I was a woman

is this what the kids call black pilled? is this what happenns when you trust the screen to tell you about the world?

based poetry poster
never change

i just want to experience my first time with someone who is also experiencing it.

I'm not talking about me, stupid fucking cunt. If I get laid, she wouldn't love me neither. The female nature implies not loving anyone. And this modern houllebecsque point of view affects literature. It destroys the concept of romantic literature as we understand it.

I hope she sees this bro

But why? What does that either add or take away?

Sex is just one of many expressions of love. You may not experience a "first time" with a girl sexually, but you can create other memories with her that will forever be shared between you two alone. The emphasis you're placing in sex is your dick talking rather than your head or heart.

Sex isn't just a transactional physical activity, fuck off. You exemplify everything wrong with modern relations.

Suffering makes you human, as is a human feature to suffer. But I don't suffer anymore, I am becoming a stoic.

What I meant is that if you felt as I do, at least an infinitesimal part, you would be concerned about these problems and behaviours of our current age. Instead, we have that skeptical fake attitude towards anything you see challenging.

Attached: Pio_xii.jpg (700x460, 70K)

>feeling love
are you a teenager or something?

But sex is literally one of the most intimate things you can do and your first time is something you can do only once. Why woudn't i want to share that experience with someone like-minded?

Mainland Chinese women. I hope you're in a STEM PhD program in a major US city, though.

first time visiting Yea Forums, this is the second thread i've opened, and holy shit, i can't believe that the board about fucking LITERATURE doesn't have even the most basic grasp on the dynamic between men and women

>How is possible to depict love in literature in a time where love doesn't exist anymore?
Through that very tragedy. Showcase the modern world, and let imaginations and aching hearts paint the missing landscape.

Be sure to let us know how your third and fourth threads go because we're just an audience for you.

>doesn't have even the most basic grasp on the dynamic between men and women
It's a very different field to be unloading emotional baggage on an anonymous posting ground than it is to live through the dynamism and understand it. Heck, this tug of war and cat and dog rivalry is merely a symptom of our mutual desire to have playful conflict between the sexes.
Please refrain from posting until you've lurked for two years.

OK thanks for your input it has been noted. I'll try to change my lived experiences and the literature I read to make posts more in line with your delusions in the future.

Wasnt this kinda the point of Lolita?

I go to the world and come back with black pills to share with the chinz. You are not funny or original.

This board requieres a minimum of reading comprehension. If not you're going to understand a shit, as it's happening to you right now.

The thing is that the more girls you meet in deep, the more you understand that there is something wrong with them. Only stupid Reddit virgins idolize women, because they don't know how they are actually. There is no such a stupid thing than valuing your own maked up fantasies over truth itself.

You should be ashamed of yourself for being such a bad writer.

Sorry, English is not my first language. I do what I can

My experience is the opposite. The more girls you meet, the more you realise they’re not so bad. Just the same as everyone else really with a few every now and then who stand out. Just talk to them without actively trying to impress them. It’s amazing how much of a difference it makes.

Nobody gives a fuck what language you speak.

Ok bro i said IN DEEP. Your insubstantial conversation with your grandma doesn't count.

>I don't get why you lads hate women so much. In my experience they're generally very kind people.
>Sure, I'm a virgin and I haven't fallen in love yet
You answered your question there

But I don't hate women, how can this be

You go muslim and hook up with a qt lebanese waifu

m a d

Love still exist, but not with the women you expect. Try some ugly fat girl. She'll possibly fall in love with you.
I have a theory about current exxagerated female hypergamy, It's not exaggerated by feminism. It's possibly stimulated by all the medias, where you see almost perfect males.
Example, 40 years ago, if you were jacked, you were like a demigod around women. Today, you are just a normal guy who goes to the gym. Most likely less aesthetic than Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Hugh Jackman.

I'm a pretty young man. 6 feet, Slighly muscular, thin, good facial traits, good education.
However, when women think about their alpha male, they think about Chris Hemsworth, or some youtube male fitness coach. Someone objectively taller, more muscular, and have less bodyfat than me. So for them, i'm just a regular dude.

B A S E D

>a megan boyle thread was pruned for this

beta/roastie

You sound like a massive faggot

This kinda stuff is what makes Yea Forums worthwhile

Hating a culture that promotes promiscuity and meaningless sex is not hating women.

>Virginity means less than nothing by itself. As a variable I've never seen it have any observable effect on a person's character.

You are a blind fool then.

It's blatantly obvious the difference in a young woman's character between her never experiencing intimacy and having had many casual encounters.

It's more likely you are lying to yourself that it hasn't impacted your character.

Fun fact I've considered doing just this

Attached: Dont-Worry.jpg (800x589, 44K)

I've dated crazy virgins, and cool women with a 2-3 n-count.
What you cuckservatives don't understand, is that a women is, or is not, damaged way before she loose her virginity.
You can have a massive bitch with 0 guys, i have known a few, or a cool girls with 2-3. Alright, 7-8 at 25 is too much for a girl. But not 2-3.

Nice try, Satan.

Go spread your licentious behavior elsewhere :3

You're as blind as I thought. You can only see a very superficial layer of people and think that's all there is.

You also moved the goalposts because you know there is clearly a difference between a virgin and some chick who has a body count of say 20, which is considered by some today to be low.

Roastie toastie on her phone
Looking for a big bad bone
Swipping left and swipping right
Hoping to find fun tonight

Roastie Toastie feeling sad
Can’t get no more dick from Chad
No beta will pay her rent
For Roastie Toastie’s snatch is spent

Hit the wall at lightning speed
Thinking you had what you need
Coke and wine and BBC
But Roastie Toastie couldn’t see

Now you look three times your age
Filled with Roastie Toastie rage
Has no drive she sits all day
Wishing she could go away

Roastie Toastie's no more good
Watching friends live life as would
Roastie Toastie feeling bad
Shoulda listened to your dad

No one wants her anymore
Roastie Toastie's just a whore
Can't have kids so get some cats
Fill your life with shoes and hats

She had goals and even dreams
All that died in her late teens
Now she's old and salt ensues
Blaming men is her excuse

Roastie Toastie looks around
Families and kids inbound
Living life and having fun
Roastie Toastie's nearly done

Roastie Toastie no more thrills
She decides to get some pills
Two at most the label shows
But Roastie Toastie's time is close

I think your life is sadder than mine is.

>some chick who has a body count of say 20, which is considered by some today to be low.
Got cheated on by you first or second GF incel?
You are stupid as fuck if you think virginity is a garantee that the girl will be "wholesome". And that a girl with a n-count of 2-3 is necessarily a damaged beyond repair slut.
In fact you lack experience. But you'll never admit it. Jordan Peterson and the Bible are not enough to understand women, cuckservative.

Lol

you have none to give

Attached: 1567235664749.jpg (640x560, 31K)

based

>triple dubs
>posts pic of the trinity
bros...

Stay shod, sweetie

Keep your shoes on, Freta

Romantic love as its understood today has never existed
Based

very nice poem.

and it's 7, 1 and 2, each of which could be meaningfully assigned to a member of the Trinity

pretty cool post

>I've never seen it have any observable effect on a person's character
Well some guys act like they're hot shit after losing their virginity but that attitude usually doesn't last long

>tfw when you love and she loves you back but it can't work yet and you're both just waiting

Attached: 1522591436745.jpg (1200x956, 186K)

Severely underrated post

This is true.
However, abuse of your (or others') flesh has nothing to do with true love.

Anons, what do you do when you’re in a relationship, but madly in love with someone else who’s also in a different relationship?

>love doesn't exist anymore
How about you stop surfing the fucking internet 8+ hours a day browsing social media and porn and utterly demolishing any connection to society you have? Then maybe you wouldn't arrive at such retarded conclusions and go on a hunt for books written by equally retarded cretins just to justify your misery and incompetence.

inb4 I'm called a roastie as a cope

You suffer, and revel, if you can, in the strangeness of life

You realize life is unfair and nature is a trickster faggotnigger

That’s what I thought, thanks frens

Blessed

>only 8 hours
Hello r.ddit

>How is possible to depict love in literature in a time where love doesn't exist anymore?
Easy. Forget about real life and use anime girls as your inspiration.

Attached: 1562978651450.png (664x1000, 492K)

good cope but it usually just ends up making me more suicidal

Attached: 74EE0C7C-CC99-4650-B7FC-F2C705DF765A.png (1280x1280, 1.23M)

Then you do not care about literature or art in general. You're just looking for an alternative to waht you can't have in real life. You should just come to terms with the fact that real life will always fall short of the ideal embedded in anime girls. If you want sex that badly, get a whore. If you want love, you won't find that in real women; stick to anime.

Attached: 1562070429309.jpg (1230x1110, 143K)

It is different for men, they do not hit the wall at 23 years old.

Attached: double standards of the sexes.png (1082x986, 234K)

came to Yea Forums because it was a popular thread for some reason. now i see why. this shit's lit.

Attached: 1524148947445.jpg (500x375, 46K)

100% agree. Your description of yourself is quite similar to how I’d describe myself. It’s amazing to go out into the world and see that such a large share of the people in my age range and social class now feel obliged to have a developed physique.

Moreover, I feel like women don’t appreciate that to reach a certain level, let’s say 7/10 in terms of male attraction, requires significant investment in terms of time and effort. Whereas, for a woman not being fat or not having lost the genetic lottery somehow will get you to that same equivalent level with zero input (as long as you’re under about 35).

Blessed post

love has no inherent value it's only temporary hormones fucking your brain like a drug undermining your free will and personality
you should stop listening to western media, romanticism is garbage and the divorce rates are there for everyone to consult

Attached: 1565223446644.jpg (674x505, 118K)

whats is going on here

We could even argue that "romantic" or "proper", "courtly love" has never really existed except for momentary situations and conditions that inexorably change and wither away.

The kind of idealised love everyone has fantasized about usually happens when you and your significant other a just starting to kick things off, and then it goes to shit and you're back to realism.

I argue that it can be made to last. But then it just shifts into a sort of friendship that becomes an uphill mutual struggle that gets harder to maintain over time. When the time comes, most people just bail and try to get back to the initial feeling. Thus repeating the cycle again and again. Never quite finding "the one" until they die.

Kek

You can create love through art.

All that shit simply doesn't exist. Some incel poets came up with it. Incel poet: let's use latin words, normal person: it's all good but maybe you should not beat your wife. Farmer: yes that makes sense.

Then why do you love literature? You basically said it's all fake anyway.