>Birdsong rings
>Drumlins roll
>Sun sinks
>Heart delights
>Encounter aged neighbour
>Bridie
>Hail
>Begin wall-bolstered chat
>Topics: weather, myself, herself, parents, grandparents, siblings, religion, politics, land, memories.
>" The Church is gone here, user. There is no more faith."
>" Country life is dying, user. I keep my door locked evermore."
>" They mean to build a monstrous storage facility above the riverside chapel, user. May they not!"
>" The town has changed, user. I feel like a stranger there.
>" The countryside is the same, user. I know no one anymore. They are all dead."
>" The country is gone to the dogs, user."
>Chat conludes
>Continue walk
>Words way heavily
>Struggle for solace
>Read book
>Last letters from executed patriots
>Stokes pensiveness
>Pass sightly god's acre
>Bless myself
>Find byway
>Follow
>Encounter cows
>Speak Irish
>They react
>Decide to read to them
>Open book casually
>A poem: The Wayfarer
>The beauty of the world hath made me sad,
This beauty that will pass;
Sometimes my heart hath shaken with great joy
To see a leaping squirrel in a tree,
Or a red lady-bird upon a stalk,
Or little rabbits in a field at evening,
Lit by a slanting sun,
Or some green hill where shadows drifted by
Some quiet hill where mountainy man hath sown
And soon would reap; near to the gate of Heaven;
Or children with bare feet upon the sands
Of some ebbed sea, or playing on the streets
Of little towns in Connacht,
Things young and happy.
And then my heart hath told me:
These will pass,
Will pass and change, will die and be no more,
Things bright and green, things young and happy;
And I have gone upon my way
Sorrowful.
>Fitting poem
>Find solace
>Return home

Attached: Íomha.jpg (1536x2048, 999K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Other-Side-Dedalus-European-Classics/dp/1910213039
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>Bear book
you mean like winnie the pooh?

>A poem: The Wayfarer
patrick pearse was a terrorist who deserved his death

Not at all. I just like alliteration. Though for legit ignoramuses (which I assume you are not), if you bear something somewhere, you carry it there or take it there.

Tell me this user, why do you judge Pearse so? Where do you hail from?

You would like Diary of a Country Priest user

Thank you, user. I will watch it now with a good cup of tea.

I hope this isn't copypasta because i enjoyed it

Attached: kirby.png (280x227, 41K)

FYI user, I just looked it up as well and it's a book as well. I think that's what they were hinting towards

Attached: uvegoneandbusted.png (563x463, 621K)

Ach cén fáth go mbeadh gaeilge ag na mba, a hanon? Nach labhróidís as freaslainnis?

My own creation, user. This saunter only occured yesterday. I wanted to express it somewhere. Even the accompanying picture is only a few footsteps away from me. I took it last year.

It gladdens me to hear you enjoyed it.

Thank you, user. I had assumed so too. I shall but aside the film and acquire the book when next I am in a civic area.

Rinne mé gáire beag os íseal ag do trácht, a hanon. Anam na nGael sa bhféar, is dóigh liom, nó sa talamh. Ait go leor, ach bhí na Freaslannaigh cúpla céim suas an bóthar uaim, agus nuair a bhog mé ina dtreo, lig na beithígh 'Ghaeilge' búir astu. Níl a fhios agam cén pór eallaigh a bhí i gceist leis na beithigh seo, ach bhí siad sách cliste.

cringe

Bhuel nach deas dóibh dóú theanga a fhoghlaim. Is beagnach nàr béarla í an fhreaslainnis ar aon nós, ba éasca leo béarla a thuiscint mar is na focail chéanna acu do "ceo" is "fuar" is "féar", ach is iontach mhaith dóibh bheith in ann géim as gaeilge. Mol iad uaim an dara huair a fheicfidh tú iad

Cope.

Restrain your foul tongue, user. Speak to some bovines, or whatever you have in your land.

Is deas an rud é, muise, agus mholfainn. Cé as thú, dála an scéil?

An Mhumhain.

Tá sé sin breá soiléir agus d'fhoirmeacha táite in úsáid agat! Is as Connachta mise. Tá sé thar a bheith iontach go bhfuil Gael eile ar an gclár seo, fiú amháin más fear Leath Mhogha thú.

Tabhair aire anseo, a phleiche, is as an gcontae Chorcaí mé, an príomhchontae san príomhchúige ar domhan, beidh éad ort liom ibhfad

Bump because this is wholesome and Yea Forums needs more wholesome content. The world seems to be in a state of perpetual degeneracy but as long as one person can share an experience like this and get the picture of what it means to love, then I think there is still hope left. Good for you, user.

Attached: 3330DD45-79B0-427A-A656-0CA43CA59F67.jpg (712x991, 66K)

*meant to say live, not love, however it works either way

Attached: F6FB3971-C93E-40DA-80FE-17DB1D734E66.jpg (386x411, 35K)

You can talk to kitties in your native tongue if you don't have cows nearby, user. As your picrelated shows, they come in black and white too.

>nuair a dhéanaim dearmad cló ar an bhfocal pleidhce
>.< Ba fearg orm

Thank you, user. The cats pay no heed to me in any language. I will just have to keep on rambling to myself.
Dar Dia, Alan Titley, an ea?!?! Is Ros Comáineach mé féin. Ard Ríthe na hÉireann boi! Bhí sibhse buailte againn an bhliain seo, a scollacháin! Bhú hú!

Ní hea agus tá nàire orm ba orm é a Google. Níorbh ach an pheil é sin, nà bí róbródúil faoi.

Many high-quality picture books capture this wholesome aesthetic. Also, do you guys know any literary agents?

Attached: ingamooresecret.jpg (950x1173, 547K)

Best to Google for your particular requirements in an agent, user. Talking to the birds is an option if you're stuck for irl cows or cats, but they're fly fuckers so beware they don't tell you a pack of lies.

My favorite two picture books involving birds are Molly Brett's Tom Tit Moves House and The Party that Grew.
I have already queried 60+ agents, and only one of them really gave my work any attention. She said it was very good but her client list was currently full. They tend to give preference to those who have referrals. I actually wrote a new picture book story based on a blue jay, which I sent to a competition. I will know if I won by November.
Only one dummy manuscript is completely illustrated and ready to share. I am trying to increase social media presence, but it is a long process. I currently have 4000 followers on two platforms.
Do you have any referrals for agents?

Attached: molly brett_tom_tit.jpg (1200x1600, 487K)

My favourite has to be Mog in the Dark. I hope you do well in the competition, that might make it easier to find an agent to put you on the books. Facebook ads do their job, especially if you target the right markets but you might have to find a vanity press for that to work. I can't think of any for illustrated books but maybe if we bump this long enough, some user will. I've to leave in a bit, but OP might be here a while longer.

You pessimistic bucolic sentimental dreamers should read Leopardi

Attached: leopardi.jpg (780x470, 47K)

I also wish you succcess in your competiton, user. If you achieve victory you will surely be able to build on your accomplishment. Patience is key in all this I suppose.

Perhaps I will. Care to offer any prior insights before I take the plunge?

>le opardi xd
Why do we take him seriously?

>thread about going outside, reading poetry, publishing birds, and teaching cows second languages
Why are the Irish so based?

>Patience is key in all this I suppose
Patience hasn't gotten me far. I'll probably become a serial killer before I ever get any of my books published. Too many people have wronged me in this life.

I bet you draw very good birds, user. Take your revenge by drawing better birds than those other bastards.

I also write horror stories and have a demon writhing within me. I feel the monster within me has been winning as of late. I am influenced by Bataille, Aickman, and a few others.

Have you see Harry Clarke's illustrations for Faust?

Attached: 10-clarke-faust_900.jpg (900x550, 175K)

It's good. It reminds me a little bit of Maylay Blaine's illustrations of The Sorcerer's Apprentice. There are also similar and good illustrations of Maldoror, but I forgot the name of the artist.

Attached: sorcerorsapprentice.jpg (1000x743, 198K)

Clarke did a version of Andersen too and Poe. I just like the Faust ones best.

Attached: mermaid_clarke.jpg (500x708, 92K)

Also, here's an illustrations of Maldoror I was talking about. I forgot the name of the artist, but you can probably reverse image search it on Yandex. I had one piece I liked a lot, but I lost it. Let me see if I can find it.

Attached: corominas1.jpg (454x646, 132K)

That specific piece comes from Corominas (2007). However, I am not sure who is the artist of this one.

Attached: maldoror.jpg (700x611, 145K)

It seems more modern than the art nouveau stuff. I like the detail in the older ones I think. Have you read or seen Alfred Kubin's stuff?

Attached: CL192-75.jpg (768x609, 40K)

Alfred Kubin's artwork looks very nice! Thank you for sharing. Do you read any weird fiction, or do you mainly prefer illustrations of a weird or bleak nature?

Read Kubin's Other Side. Then watch the movie Traumstadt (1973). Weird illustrations tend to go with weird fiction. I hated the Wordsworth Classics front cover for The Master and Margarita until I read it and realised the cat does look like that.

Is Mike Mitchell's translation of Kubin's Other Side good?
amazon.com/Other-Side-Dedalus-European-Classics/dp/1910213039
Also, interestingly, I see Stefan Grabinski's The Dark Domain in the recommendations, which I read a little bit of.
I will try to make time for this, and the movie seems very interesting. My present major, CS, is taking its toll on me.

Sometimes there is no better place for peace, reading and contemplation than a seldom-trodden country lane lush with greenery. I had made myself take advantage of recent and unexpected decent weather and had my soul drink deeply of the lingering summer. The autumnal colours shall soon be on their way. The evenings are closing in. There follows the long, dark winter. Beauty can be found in it too, but its lack of light wearies me.

Ye two have interesting tastes. I swear to ye, I would not like to meet the objects of these depictions at night! I shall be going to the pub soon. It is a rural place, with a good fireplace and fine talk. Rarely seven souls in it of a Friday! I will share what talk I might think of interest upon my return.

Hopefully someone with knowledge of literary agents will come by.

It would be hard to mistranslate. Try to get one with his pictures if they have it in English. It's like a horror fairytale for adults so it's a pretty quick read. The movie stick surprisingly close.

Caitheamh féar imo thí le scannáin anocht. Tóg go bog é, níl aon fonn orm bogadh.

Anons! Look what I found in my garden. Isn't it delightful? I encountered it before going to the pub. I searched for it upon my return. Alas, it escaped into the hedges. God bless it. A lovely creature.

An bhfuil toitíní draíochta agat? Tá tú le moladh, más fíor sin. Cloiseann sé sin go breá.

Attached: IMG_20190906_213609.jpg (4160x3120, 3.44M)

Well, before I fall to slumber, I must ask the following: What happened to bird user? Is he gone from this thread?

I have words to relate to ye participants and observers, but I shall do so tomorrow.