Who is your literary hero?

Attached: file-20180416-587-7554t.png (1000x1237, 1.84M)

Konstantin Levin

Really? Why?

The incredibly based князь Mышкин (Prince Myshkin)

Guy Crouchback

humbert humbert

>tfw no blissful, beautiful Levin-Kitty marriage

Attached: 6A217DCE-10B3-4943-8564-CE0C0C0FA5F0.jpg (800x800, 104K)

Probably Pierre Bezukhov or Edmond Dantés

>Edmond Dantes
Same for me

Attached: 6944D650-C352-409E-AD12-3154A8F4B1EF.jpg (257x196, 12K)

Your mom

Michael Owen

jon snow

Great Gatsby

Oof

Dantès here as well

Unironically the underground man

Attached: images.png (225x225, 8K)

Siegfried

Rorschach

Cornelius Suttree

>his literary hero was a massive cuck

Attached: 4F0B11CE-ED8A-4E62-81A7-61C098C38548.png (1000x1000, 122K)

Bartleby

Stop be mean. I just like his relentless drive to grasp the ephemeral goal and his capacity for life.

Should i continue reading if Levin is the only character I like? The marriage stuff bores me to tears.

Napoleon

Zooey Glass

Richard Hammond

I thought Yea Forums was a Christian board? This thread suggests otherwise.

Bardamu from journey to the end of the night

Based. Was just about to say the same.

Wyatt Gwyon

LOLWUT.jpg

Lucifer, not for the edgy reasons, but because he's the only one willing to do such a thankless job.

Odysseus is the kind of man I wish I could be. Intelligent, strong and beloved for his deeds and his virtues. Even though he suffers horribly he still pushes on, and in the face of temptation he will still choose his home and family, which is inherently tied to responsibility, work, suffering and ultimately death. He could have been an immortal getting divine unaging pussy forever, but he chose to live as a man with the glory and misery that follows it rather than as a god in an island of pleasure.

Don Quixote is a good pick too, because I envy his passion, his wisdom and the romantic spirit that he possesses.

Which interpretation of Lucifer? There's a ton of them.

Hoke Moseley

Odysseus desu

caesar

Tom joad

Are you referring to Sancho or Don?

>Levin is the only character I like

I think you should. Levin's story is really nice as far as I remember. I approached the book thinking it was about Anna since the title is Anna Karenina, but I found that Levin is a more interesting character.

>Don

Attached: BW-Small-HUNTER-Vintage-DR.-GONZO_edited-1.jpg (974x1137, 330K)

Lord Henry
Rogozhin

Anna is a disgusting evil whore

Sir Terry Pratchett who upon being knighted for services to literature said he was only awarded it because his service was not actually writing any literature. Also once he was knighted he went about finding a meteorite and smelting it into some ore and forged his own sword because what is a knight without a sword?

Agreed. Women who read this book take her as some sort of feminist hero. In reality she was seduced by a Chad who she then decided to run away with-- thus ruining the lives of many people and even her own child. She's worthy of both pity and reproach.

Diatoma

This

Attached: ignatiusjreillyx13j2xe.jpg (631x612, 42K)

How many hot dogs do you eat per day?

Bulkington in Moby Dick

i'm really drunk and this got me in tears

Danny Renahan from Ayn Rand's Little Street

Ulrich

Only answer

Gaston Bonaparte.

Attached: gaston....jpg (870x1261, 82K)

Horselover Fat

>Women who read this book take her as some sort of feminist hero
It’s amazing that someone could read the same book as me and come away with such a radically different interpretation. I assume their moral compass is fucked though

Attached: 9B504240-F9C1-4337-B7C5-15DB469C7F44.png (500x322, 42K)

The prince is based such as your are, user. For me he's on pair with Alyosha, tho.

he was an idiot though

Sydney Carton

Yeah it's crazy. They think Anna is some hero because she slept with more than one guy and wasn't willing to be "tied down" through marriage. They call what subsequently follows (the ruined lives of pretty much everyone) "the destructive power of love". I cannot imagine a more brainlet idea.

Yeah I like Alyosha as well. But I don't think I could ever be so pure. (Same applies to Myshkin I guess)