Itt the saddes book you've ever read

>Itt the saddes book you've ever read

I just wanna cry again, not even trying to be edgy, it's just bin a really long time since a book made me genuinely sad. Drop em bois.

Attached: 1546805653900.jpg (800x600, 379K)

its about a dog who only wants to go fast and can't wait to die so he can be reborn as a man and that his owner can finally be free of his burden

Attached: the art of racing in the rain.jpg (326x499, 23K)

My fucking diary desu

Atomism made me cry a bit desu

Steinbeck

Children of Hurin

Attached: 23531712.jpg (236x398, 24K)

Attached: 91Q9mNoflgL.jpg (1500x2400, 710K)

The denial of death by Becker. Its not sad, it just takes a great courage to go through if.

Idiot was quite sad

Of Mice and Men would be a good bet if you want to cry

The Death of a Salesman

Maybe it's just because I was young, but Call of the Wild man, emotional shit

>The Evenings - Gerard Reve
> anything from Kafka

tess of the d'urbervilles

You want to know the saddest thing I ever saw? When I was a boy, my brother and I wanted a dog, so our father took in an old greyhound. A greyhound is a racing dog. Spends its life running in circles, chasing a bit of felt made up like a rabbit. One day, we took it to the park. Our dad had warned us how fast that dog was, but... we couldn't resist. So, my brother took off the leash, and in that instant, the dog spotted a cat. I imagine it must have looked just like that piece of felt. He ran. Never saw a thing as beautiful as that old dog... running. Until, at last, he finally caught it. And to the horror of everyone, he killed that little cat. Tore it to pieces. Then he just sat there, confused. That dog had spent its whole life trying to catch that... thing. Now it had no idea what to do.

Attached: 14640205503310s.jpg (183x220, 9K)

Unironically the Brothers Karamazov. The chapters with the captain and Ilyusha, especially the last one, gave me some very strong feels. Also the chapter with Zosima's death and funeral a bit as well.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-03-12-33-20-809_com.instagram.android.jpg (720x884, 253K)

Stoner made my eyes water at the end

Isn't that in the silmarillion, or will i have to buy another book?

im westen nichts neues

for me it's madame bovary

Voices from Chernobyl is without a doubt the saddest book I've ever read.

The Swedes couldn't help giving that shit a Nobel prize just to cheer up the writer.

Only book I've ever actually cried while reading.

Attached: 41Jnjj2qWIL.jpg (348x500, 30K)

Far Tortuga
Cities of the Plain
Stoner
The Things They Carried

Sounds like pseud shit

I think it's covered in the Silmarillion, but fleshed out in a different book
not that I would know, I've not read either yet
glad I could offer an educated answer, as per

you are all amateurs

Attached: 81aA1C0jdBL.jpg (907x1360, 322K)

The Girl I Left Behind by Shushaku Endo was pretty emotional

I bet Yea Forums would get thunderstruck by some Cees Nooteboome shit lol

>Yes, I've cried reading The Last Time We Say Goodbye, do you have a problem with that?

Attached: 1546156786087giga.png (352x377, 167K)

Something Happened was so unrelentingly depressing I couldn’t even finish it.

this desune

bro

Holy shit I'm already sad, I like dogs but lately I've seen the ones from here as something that only traps me, you could argue that responsibilities to take care of can also mean roots, as it can trap you but can also hold your back, but the dog was abandoned by the 4 other people in this family, people just filled her food bowl once a day and sometimes they even forget, no one cared if she was clean or if she was felting cold at night, I started taking care of her everyday for months, then one day they just showed up with another dog and I told them to go fuck themselves, but they didn't and the dog is still here, I haven't cared for them for the last 6 months and only see both of them as noisy and as a burden (but now at least my sister takes care of them, in her lazy way ofc, but she does)
I'll check this book

Maybe The Growth of Soil, specifically the chapter where Eleseus leaves for America

He was a fag anyway, fuck him.

Could you talk a bit about it?

Hmm.
Never felt that sad reading a book
But maybe The Tartar Steppe

voices from chernobyl

Rereading just the poem in Pale Fire makes me cry every time.

Attached: melting.png (540x349, 374K)

Horns by Joe Hill. I completely lost my shit half way through this book and cried my eyes out, then again to a lesser extent at the end.

I always thought Daddy King really understood and knew how to express just how visceral and hard growing up can be, but Jesus, Joe really cut straight to my heart with this one. I mean, having the ability to hear the inner most thoughts and dark secrets of anyone around me would be a hellscape in and of itself, but the young love/infatuation story is what put me over the edge.

The Things They Carried, and its final chapter especially, always wrecks me. Definitely my favorite book on Vietnam

That's some unironically good writing there, bro

>mNoflgL.jpg (710 KB, 1500x2400)
Same man

This is perhaps my favourite copypasta of recent times.

no i can't talk about it
it's too soon. the wound is too fresh

While not overall a sad book, the last chapter of “A Farewell To Arms” takes it from 0-100 real quick

The fault in our Stars

He didn't write it.

True

The first season of that show was such kino, it felt like a complete story though so I’m not going to watch any other seasons, from what I’ve heard that was probably for the best

Which show is that?

nevermind

Ishiguro's staff is pretty sad in general.
Also Tartar Steppe, The Moon and the Bonfires, Unbearable Lightness of Being, Stoner, The Old Man and the Sea, Norwegian Wood, One Hundred Years of Solitude are all kinda sad.

I'd add 1984 because it was really sad to me when I read it but I was also in middle school

True detective

>I think it's covered in the Silmarillion, but fleshed out in a different book
that's correct

War & Peace really got to me a few times throughout.

Attached: 1520967385703.jpg (2004x1400, 1.38M)

recently, Flowers for Algernon

The Girl Next Door by Jack Ketchum. You’ll want to gouge your eyes out.

>The Quiet Things That Noone Ever Knows
A guy has to relive the death of his loved ones.
It ends with him deciding to forgo all his memories and live a life in solitude.

Westworld
Dont know why the other answers lied

It has a happy ending, stop being a pussy.

Agree with Cities of the Plain, that ending hit me hard

Where The Red Fern Grows

Plebbit answer but Flowers for Algernon had me losing it.

Based, Ilyusha breaking down because his father can't challenge Mitya to a duel to regain his honor because he's not aristocratic hit hard, and the description of Alyosha falling to the ground looking up at the stars was beautiful. I never fail to start tearing up when I remember that passage where Mitya cries out to Alyosha "how am I supposed to cling to Mother earth if I don't cleave her bosom?" Such a perfect book

Attached: 1566563033093.jpg (1024x690, 194K)

The Joke by Milan Kundera hit hard