Just finished Crisis of the modern world

I was hesitant to pick him up because of that autistic poster, but boy was I wrong. His diagnosis of profane-modernity and individualistic materialism is so concise and explicit, it puts continental philosophers to shame. And unlike marxists, he actually has a tried and tested solution: The Sacred.

Can't believe I wasted all my time memeing him, this shit changed my outlook in life. I should have never doubted you Guenon poster, I look forward to reading Reign of Quantity & Signs of the Times.

Attached: 1545954543641.jpg (225x297, 11K)

Then you've read RoQ and SotT. What comes after that? Another thread?

>a tried and tested solution: The Sacred
you mean totalitarian theocracy

if all it was was the sacred, protestantism would do the trick, but it dunt

I read one Guenon book the one with quantity and the signs of the times or some shit . Complaining about Jews, Scientists, Psychologists, and new agers(this one was the pot calling the kettle black) and showed some sympathy for fascism/autocracy (retards are attracted to this). No ounce of self reflection either he is full of arrogance (undeservedly). The guy that said that he was a dumb reactionary larper was right.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Look how happy those "free" atheists are. Must be a coincidence depression and suicide are rising exponentially.

Welcome aboard brother

Mashallah brother, Imam Yahya is watching us in Jannah and he is surely delighted.

Attached: DAE4A33A-61D1-4F4C-BC3D-6FF1E7915D0F.jpg (717x428, 36K)

>you mean totalitarian theocracy
Not a bad thing

>protestantism would do the trick
Protestantism has nothing "sacred" in it it even blasphemes the Body of Christ.
No contact with Tradition, no fundation in the Sacred. Basically bible-islam.

I'm a Christian but ironically evola and guenon made me take Christianity more seriously just by deconstructing modern secularism and explaining the need for an all-encompassing religious presence in society.

People on this board always bash me when I say this, but Evola and Guenon are really the final answer to philosophy. I haven't read any philosophers who disproved them in any way. It almost feels like a lot of philosophy was actually just working up to them.

>I'm a Christian but ironically evola and guenon made me take Christianity more seriously just by deconstructing modern secularism and explaining the need for an all-encompassing religious presence in society.
Hard agree

I get the distinct impression you're bias beyond self-awareness.

The mark of an intelligent mind is to entertain ideas without believing them. I suppose you skipped that step entirely, huh?

>if all it was was the sacred, protestantism would do the trick
>protestantism
>sacred
HAHAHAHAHHAHW MY SIDES

seething

What would be a contemporary example of profane-modernity in your opinion?

Did Guenon even create anything? Every description of him just seems like critique, critique, critique, more of a critiquer than an actual creator of ideas. And even what Op has said now just seems like a broad mass of an answer or genuine creation.

Attached: היטלר.jpg (300x466, 16K)

>profane-modernity
From my understanding it's a general mentality which cannot be expressed in its totally in any physical form. Think along the lines of Plato's world of ideas.

nice file name mossad, go to /pol/

be quite filth. I just do it for the lulz based?

>And unlike marxists, he actually has a tried and tested solution: The Sacred.
Clearly the masses weren't happy with that, given that they engaged in bloody revolutions to stop it. I wonder how many of you LARPers would go back and be a serf in the dark ages, lmao.

english pls

So you’re a retard basically, and so is Guenon.

>profane-modernity man! it’s the real big bad!
>What is it?
>uh idk lol maybe uhh like Plato or something?? :P

I would unironically go back and be a serf in the Dark Ages, as long as I maintained my current intellect/ability to read and write

>serf
>owning books

All men but the elite few today are serfs in all but name.

lmao, serfs weren't able to read or write, never mind own books

fuck you jew!

Don't act stupid user, I haven't even read Guenon I'm just supplying the best argument I can. Besides if what I said you couldn't understand then you are a true brainlet. Kek you probably haven't even read Plato that's why you'r confused.

why would he create anything? he explicitly says he didn't invent any of his ideas, they've always existed, that's why its primordial metaphysics and perennial tradition

>he doesn't understand that creating something doesn't lean on if it was created before or that this something is a core or central part to ourselves

Durkheim's concepts of the sacred/profane have a pretty clear definition throughout traditionalist philosophy, and Guénon was a large opponent of "corrupting" words that served a lexicographic purpose for furthering the discussion of metaphysics. To be honest, I haven't read Guénon, but I get the sense you don't understand him. I certainly don't think he redefined "profane-modernity" to be as vague a concept as one of the foundations of Greek fucking metaphysics.

Just so you know, Guénon objected to all that physics, medicine, and chemistry stuff that were just taking off in the 1920s, not social degradation and hedonism. He thought these modern sciences were based off false theories and wanted society to return to the classical ideas of metaphysics to account for the problem of universals, in (very) short terms.

Basically, he would be the flat Earth idiot screaming in the parking lot at a scientific conference if he were alive today.

Is this why you read him? For his ideas of and support for classical metaphysical solutions? Or did you (incorrectly) hear that he somehow had an influence on Julius Evola and the New Right? Somehow a few pseudo intellectual dipshits found a list of traditionalist philosophers that criticized modernity and spread the word without understanding a goddamn thing about half of them.

Or maybe you think hiding behind some old esoteric French cosmologist fucking no one knows about is a pretty good way to keep people from calling you out on your bullshit?

(Yes, yes, I'm still considering his influence on literary theory and all that heavy winded disenchantment word salad).

I would be the first serf to ever write a book

Well you are kind of completely fucking wrong and unhelpful so maybe don't say anything next time

Lol gayboy.

But seriously I haven't even read him, calm the fuck down. I've said already in the thread I haven't read him just giving my general ideas. But I really do think you have misunderstood him, he wasn't as insane as you think. Though I do finding hehehe disagree with him on many points. Jung gag da bag.

Anyhow ur gaY1!

>inb4 mr interlectual

>To be honest, I haven't read Guénon
Stop fucking posting then, idiot

In what way?

You are right but because True Knowledge is initiatic by nature. Guénon's published work is just profane critique.

>you're not qualified to comment on philosophical ideas unless you've read the source material

I don't think you grasp that philosophy offers concepts and ideas, not personality. Philosophy isn't an art like poetry you gatekeeping idiot. If you had to read everything you discussed you"d wait a thousand hours to nod your head.

I guess everyone can shut the fuck up about Newton's laws of gravity and motion until they waste their time trudging through 100s of pages to learn what one lecture would've taught them.

The kind of person who wastes their goddamn time reading Guénon scares me. So far up their own idealogical ass they spend their time reading the ramblings of some fucking who did nothing profound and only influenced other people who did nothing profound.

FUCK GUÉNON AND FUCK YOU YOU GODDAMMIT FUCKING SHIT FUCK PIECE OF SHIT ASSFUCK

You seem like a sane individual who can clearly grasp concepts and ideas from skimming wikipedia.

>noun: monkey (feminine)

Huh?

>To be honest, I haven't read Guénon, but I get the sense you don't understand him.
>Basically, he would be the flat Earth idiot screaming in the parking lot at a scientific conference if he were alive today.

kys

Attached: 1545874696930.png (1006x397, 353K)

why post this? his take is objectively wrong

guenon went full mystical hindu, evola was a buddhist larp

>new agers(this one was the pot calling the kettle black)
Nah, I don’t particularly love Guenon because I find he takes one of the most dull reactionary, conservative views possible of mysticism, but Guenon is at least way beyond most New Ageism. He actually studied various traditions and primary texts deeply, traveled and learned extensively, even went so far as to genuinely get initiated into a Sufi Shadhili order, etc. Although, ironically, I also have to respect him because, for his day and status in Western society, even seriously talking about and studying Vedantic, Sufi, Taoist etc metaphysics was somewhat revolutionary.

guenon rejected the hindu life and became a sufi

And I posted that because it's what all these Trad LARPers look like irl, cringe teenagers obsessed with le sacred knowledge but indulge in modern technology

is that guenonfag? wtf he's even more pathetic than I imagined

>that bourgeoisie suit

you dont know anything of guenon

what is it about guenon that triggers brainlets so?

nothing I said was wrong, he literally became a carpet merchant in Cairo because Islamic life 'fit the west' more than the Hindu life

Tell me in what way Plato’s Forms are in any way similar to anything Guenon talks about. Please, please do.

he became a muslim because he was at heart a hindu

he ironically saw hinduism in sufism

>he became a muslim because he was at heart a hindu
headcanon

>he ironically saw hinduism in sufism
he saw hinduism (specifically vedantic hinduism) in most non-dual traditions, yet he chose to convert to one of them.

That's a prole suit

Proles copying bourgeoisie is even worse

Guenon wrote in his letters that his conversion to Islam was a matter of 'spiritual convenience' and didnt imply its superiority over other traditions. He also wrote that 'someone who understands the unity of traditional forms is really "unconvertable" to anything'. The notion that Hinduism is closed off because of birth is just a meme btw, the man who bought Guenon's house in Egypt for him as a gift was a traditionalist who converted to Hinduism and was initiated in India.

>Islam was a matter of 'spiritual convenience' and didnt imply its superiority over other traditions
Isn’t that really fucking Haram?

Guenon is beyond haram and halal

>Just read the Sparknotes. Everything else is intellectual wankery
I'd never thought I'd see the day that I would see a philistine apologist on Yea Forums.