Underrated

Underrated

Attached: Søren_Kierkegaard_(1813-1855)_-_(cropped).jpg (564x796, 415K)

baseret

Attached: kierkegaard_eyes.jpg (162x54, 4K)

Nah he's pretty rated

How is he underrated? I personally jive with Keirkigaard quite a bit, and he’s a pretty well known name in philosophy in general. He might be underrated if you lived in 1890 where a lot of his work wasn’t known much outside of Scandinavia.

Nice post.

Attached: P52k-ExQ_400x400.jpg (252x252, 20K)

absolutely
you can be well known and underrated
what exactly are you getting at?

Virkelig baseret. Dog tog han fejl--men hvad kan man forvente fra dét æra?

Well what if I can't bring myself to believe? I'm sorry but in light of all the scientific evidence we have today I don't think I can honestly "just have faith" in Christianity. There needs to be some sort of techno-fascist meta narrative to bring meaning to my life.

>scientific evidence

You're missing the point. Everyone with a brain knows that there's no God nor an afterlife. But, just like Marx, Kierkegaard observed and rigorously diagnosed the faults in our society, and he could not have been more correct. The only point where both Kierkegaard and Marx were wrong were in their solution to our ills.

You know, like the flood didn't happen, prayer doesnt work, people didnt live till 900 years old, humanity isn't only 6000 years old, etc.

Do I need to have read the Greeks to understand Kierkegaard?

>interprets the bible literally

Read Kierkegaard you absolute plebian

>Everyone with a brain knows that there's no God nor an afterlife
Stop spreading lies atheist.

have you ever read a single Christian theologian?

Here's that (You) that you're yearning for.

you're mistaken, Kierkegaard was correct both in his conclusion and solution

>prayer doesn't work

“The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays.”

how can you be so sure that there exists no God nor an afterlife?

Whatever makes you sleep at night, son.

It would be great if that did help me sleep at night, but alas, I have terrible insomnia!

It's not my fault your god couldn't get his stories correct in the only ""evidence"" he left for his existence. It's not my fault he comes across like a maniac when he commands genocide and unleashes a bear to attack a group of kids for joking around and calling his prophet a baldy. Not my fault he couldn't get his story straight and contradicted himself multiple times in a book that he supposedly wrote. If he wanted me to believe in him he would have left some irrefutable evidence for his existence; instead he left a clumsy book filled with scientific inaccuracies and moral blunders.
I read N.T. Wright a lot in my younger years. Eusebius too if he counts.

I know you're merely eager for attention, but I'll bite.
I suppose that I can never be 100% certain that God doesn't exist; luckily, there's no scientific evidence for his existence whatsoever. Moreover, if you were to use your mental faculties for one second and ponder the question at hand, you would realise that God is a human construct; if we go far enough back in time, he may have been a necessary human condition.

I am about as sure that neither the afterlife nor God exist as I am that the Easter Bunny doesn't.

I am reminded of what Voltaire said on this matter: "If God didn't exist, it would have been necessary for man to invent him.
Nevertheless, believe whatever you want--I could not care less.

way to say absolutely nothing of value

Perhaps your insomnia has resulted in some sort of brain damage, you impertinent little fag.

>he supposedly wrote

t. brainlet

Eh, he’s either/or for me at least.

I was just google translating, but according to my google translate your reply is based but not redpilled.

Reading Philosophical Fragments right now and every other word is Greek, and every other other word is Socrates.

Eh, not realy, but its a good base. I like Academy of idea's videos on a few of kiekegaards work. Its a good introduction and he employs very clear and understandable quotes from Keikagaard's writings.