What are some books which really challenge European/Western/white modes of thought and assumptions...

What are some books which really challenge European/Western/white modes of thought and assumptions? How do you decolonise your mind? How do you decolonise literature?

Attached: il_794xN.1696504532_sdkk.jpg (794x595, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

adanewmedia.org/2017/05/issue11-kruger/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: images (33).jpg (288x420, 28K)

like this

Attached: 1559672680697.webm (720x1280, 2.17M)

Unironically Rupi Kaur

>Abstract: Rupi Kaur, a trending poetess of Instagram, has recently gained critical acclaim online for her newly published poetry collection milk and honey which is a stunning depiction of trauma, survival, love, womanhood, and friendship. Identifying as a first-generation Canadian, Punjabi-Sikh, woman of color, Kaur works visually in her book and on Instagram to portray and subvert how space functions to produce the gendered, diasporic subject as a body that is “unhomed.” Through the complex interplay of illustrated imagery and verse, Kaur contests the violent spatial (and bordering) practices of nationalism by positioning her poems’ personae in new and different ways to occupy, produce, and claim space off and online—performances of celebration, reclamation, resistance, and ultimately, acts of (de)colonial self-love. Kaur’s art and cyberspatial narration adds an important dimension to considering the colonial project of space. Occupying space on Instagram, Kaur supplants the place where women have traditionally been relegated. It is exactly the embodied telling of Kaur’s artwork that she attributes to the importance of its public nature: the Instagram becomes the home—rehomed by her art—whereas the nation becomes the network. Through Kaur’s narratives shared online, Kaur connects to a cyberspatial sisterhood and demonstrates that healing through narrative is necessarily collective.

adanewmedia.org/2017/05/issue11-kruger/

Attached: 44149920_000_b.jpg (600x900, 42K)

>poetess
what was wrong with poet
i hate the world

Probably the Decline of the West. It prescribes very exactly what it means to be “western”, and thereby gives man the ability to go beyond it

even this questioning represents a failure. westerns discovered the right way to do things, there is no way back

This user has it correct. When you get down to it, the necessary decolonization of literature and the mind begins with an explosive, bloviating asshole attached to an exhaust pipe

just listen to wh*Te dogs speak for more than 5 minutes. only then will you begin to hate.

First you should decolonize your asshole of the huge cocks that are in it.

Maybe stop thinking in materialistic narrow terms like, western/eastern, my body your body, my country your country?

>Occupying space on Instagram
Who owns Instagram, I wonder?

Attached: decolonize-mark.jpg (3000x2001, 548K)

user that's not an asshole

The sound makes this 100x more funny

Isn't this essentially a western rationale? It's seems muh noble savage tier but for the 21st century

It's a protest against western reason and it's complicity with genocide.

But Eastern philosophy was perfectly happy with genocide too.
Self criticism is such a quintessentially Western line of reasoning that this whole school of thought is self defeating.

not self criticism but radical decolonial alterity and militant resistance to all universalising and totalising claims associated with the western ideology, whether aesthetic, historical, philosophical or political.

it's meant to be transgressive and to expose attachment to colonised or colonising identities so they can be put into question

Prove it.

huh?

Well that was certainly the dumbest way I've ever seen the already-unbelievably-dumb idea of an instagram influencer described

How did I know that the vapid blithering retard talking so abstractly about "space" and "bodies" was fat
Every fucking time
Everyone posting in this thread owes me five dollars, I made this bet, you all heard me

Attached: SILENCE_FATTIE.jpg (1080x607, 125K)

Franz Fanon.
Jose Carlos Mariategui
there are clearly themes of decolonization in Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

Decolonization at its core is a western concept anyways and writing in English as well. The difference between empire and colonization is ill defined and virtually all old world established cultures (including Punjabi’s and Sikhs) have had their culture “colonized” by another. Just as celts and northern euros got “colonized” by the Greco-romans.

Is this bait? Your talking about the west as a monolith, and things like radical decolonization and such are essentially Marxist, a very much western if there is such a thing, concept, so that is quite self-defeating.

colonialism was a good thing

Your choices are basically Eastern literature or oral mythologies that have been preserved and written down recently by the West since most cultures didn't keep written records.

deterritorialize yourself

Attached: 7642BE9F-FFAD-43E5-906F-805C3966ED3F.jpg (260x392, 23K)

I'm explicitly anti marxist, don't seize the means of production, give stolen land back to its original owners

I'm European, why would I want to not have an European mode of thought? Do you also go tell Africans they need to de-Africanize their thoughts?

that is what europeans have been doing, aggressively so, for the last 2000 years.

I take it you think that's a good thing then? You're implicitly pro-imperialism?

>Asshole

>I'm European, why would I want to not have an European mode of thought?
To reflect on your own thoughts and actions from a drastically different perspective?

Strategic essentialism my dudes

>Asshole
user... I...

I can't understand how any moderately self aware and moral white person living in a white supremacist society can avoid coming to terms with the moral reckoning of their own whiteness

read orientalism by edward said, the west has used a distorted image of nonwestern societies for exploitation

muh marxians or deleuzo guattarians are too close to white moderates who say ''i don't see race, why can't we all get along'' for my taste. They want an edgy radical ideology without having to assume serious responsibility for their complicity in white supremacy. also they appropriate and subsume nonwestern thoughts within their system instead of letting the other speak from its own position of radical alterity

I would refer you to this. What defines colonializm as different from empire, which has formed and effected pretty much every culture. It is only a bad thing in the moment. a hundred years later people dont realy care. The russians , germans and Ottomans called back to the ceasers and roman Ideal because of empire, should they decolonize their minds from Italy?

white supremacy is a global system. this is undeniable unless you are fucking disingenuous

That is not an arguement. can you differentiate empire from colonization. Yes or no and why. Worked the same with chinese and surrounding peoples as another example.

yet hong kong , taiwan and tibet dont wan't to be part of china.

Try even vaguely to defend anything you're saying other than spluttering 'how could you possibly disagree with what my college professor said'. This should be good

>The russians , germans and Ottomans called back to the ceasers and roman Ideal because of empire

Not every german, rusian or ottoman. You know, there have been weaboos and cucks everytime, everywere.

Yes, and?

Have you actually taken even a minute to listen to people of color?

What the fuck is this even supposed to mean

mup dip buh guh bix nood

I can't understand how people as fucking gay as you exist. We all struggle with mysteries in our lives.

This. I am 1/64th Sasquatch. My people were genocided and had our ancestral homeland stolen from us by Listerine-Americans. Give us back our land!

define "White supremacy"

i just guess not everyone in the southeast asia is a colonized cuck. Only those southkoreans that get into plastic surgery to get western eyes lol.

Well, i wouldnt say that. taiwan seperated due to politics and moa not being able to crush everything. Hongkong , is mostly the product of britian controlling it for a while so its more western influenced, and historicaly tibet was its own thing. Anyways, china itself is stupid "colonized" by the han ethnicity specificaly because of communist state not wanting differences that could rial up people.

Books and literature are a western invention. As an innately western art form books and literature cannot be 'de-colonized' because there is no pre-colonial form to return to.

Attached: dealing with time and space.png (532x761, 578K)

eat food from all cultures

bumping

>What are some (((books))) which really subvert European/Western/white superior philosophy? How do you think like a nigger? How do you destroy literature?
kys faggot

Attached: oppressive-laughter-5ac93977c774f.jpg (491x488, 29K)

Learn another language and embed yourself in another culture that's not western. Uh oh, that would mean your colonizing them. Better just give up and kill your dumb white self.

So, you're just a corrosive snake whom none should take seriously, good to know.

let the other races figure it out and fix it then if anything a white says is appropriation

>china
>india
no they're not

>decolonize your mind
>everything is in english, french, or spanish

westerns saying that the west has done everything and everywhere else has done nothing but im certain if we were all chinks we'd be saying the same thing in chinky and calling the whites dogs

We only know so much and in such detail about western genocide because the west has objected so feircely against genocide.

As an incomplete but telling example of genocide since ww1:

We still have no real clue how many people died in the russian gulags, how many people were enslaved by african warlords, how many were raped and pillaged by ottoman soldiers.

Yet we know most jews that died in the holocaust by name, what was stolen, and where and how they died.

Genocide is a word coined in the west and attributed to the west because the west cared. If it didnt, why coin a word about it and record it happened?

Easily the most reddit post I've seen in years

Attached: 1567722095179.png (446x314, 186K)

what the hell are you spooks up to?

>when I see Chad coming after the nerdy bookworn wont shut up about his haygul

>haygul
is this a haygul?

Attached: 719cff4aNuL._SS500_.jpg (500x500, 38K)

Of course, but im not trite and take their argument any more or less serious than Whit*ids. i have not heard a convincing difference between colonialism and Empire.

I think the point here is more a technicality jest. Books proper, as in a bound set of paper pages with a back and covers, are a western creation. Scrolls and other writen document types have been used all around the world.

capitalism oppresses us all alike bro, us poor middle class white dudes feel alienated by capitalism too because we have to get up and go to work every monday to our air conditioned offices and because i feel like alienated by uh, the media spectacle and how im no longer at the center of it and the goddamn media even has the audacity to give brown people and women a voice and people are talking even about representation, are you sure it's not just you who still feels entitled to being the default human being? that your neutral, detached viewpoint from on above was actually just relative and contingent and more than a little out of date? that it could be seen as a sign of presumption? Yeah I know this dead german dude from 200 years ago whose words you cite like holy scripture told you so, nevermind that Marx himself clearly displayed misogynistic and racist beliefs as did Hegel.

Im sorry, did you respond to the wrong post? Pretty much nothing you said had anything to do with what I said.

I'm white and European so I don't need to decolonize my mind. I am fine as I am

perhaps but i'd still say literature was most surely not just a western thing

Prove other perspectives are worthwhile.

The idea of decolonisation is in itself a western idea, typically non-Western empires (and many Western ones too) would just collapse like Russia or China or Mongolia.
These people are literally cucked by their own philosophy but are too dumb and afraid to fix it.