Jane Eyre: Oxford vs Penguin

>Oxford: 488 pages
>Penguin: 278 pages
wtf, that's a big difference in size, which one should I get??

Attached: q3q432432432.png (741x569, 485K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/0199535590
amazon.com/dp/0141441143
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Penguin, I hate shit that's full of notes and big introductions, I actually hate oxford.

you can skip them you know, Penguin as fewer notes but still has them.

yes and they are mostly translations that are on the same page and you don't have to go back and forth through the book

Depends on the book. Penguin Dubliners has endnotes.

If I had to guess, the Oxford one has an introductory essay, translator notes, and endnotes.

From Amazon:

>Oxford: 542 pages
amazon.com/dp/0199535590

>Penguin: 624 pages
amazon.com/dp/0141441143

I have that exact copy of the Penguin Jane Eyre, and it's over 600 pages long

wtf my national amazon sucks then. thanks for the info. I think I'll go Penguin for this one.

should've got the mcmillan

Attached: original_400_600.jpg (370x600, 35K)

For me, It's the norton critical edition

i dont know about penguin content but every time i see there books in a library its so cheap and low quality unlike oxford which is top notch paperback and there paper is awesome

This. If you really want a hardcover go with Everyman's Library.

Attached: 1 NSyTv70XqvWcVxo-AqvYJQ.jpg (1200x1965, 461K)

I prefer Ignatius Press.

Norton lost all credibility once they started doing this shit.

Attached: 1D940C59-26C2-47F9-AD21-3C4F6FA45705.jpg (1546x2532, 710K)

Doing what?

Stop being so shallow. Besides they only do it for the Shakespeares, I think most of their other covers look great.

for you its all ok, my dude?

Cambridge and Everyman's

Hi, I'm an upper middle class white woman living in the Victorian era, and I'm here to write extremely boring books about people drinking tea and being passive aggressive toward one another until someone gets married to someone else

White people ACTUALLY read this stuff

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Go back and read something on your reading level like The Very Hungry Caterpillar and leave the literature to us.

Attached: 1178181007275.png (300x300, 9K)

Jane Eyre is a gothic romance my man. It's about a hot, insane woman trying to murder her husband while he seduces his young servant. It's one step away from the horror genre. Far from the stuffy British shit you're imagining

Oxford, to inflate your Goodreads stats

Taking such pride in ignorance is indeed a trait of the black man

I'm not white.

I have the penguin version it’s definitely over 500 page so

Not sure what the difference is, but here's the contents of the oxford edition.

Attached: IMG_20190906_120910.jpg (650x866, 46K)

Are english translations really full of notes that spoonfeed you the meaning of the book like to an idiot? I always thought that was retarded.

You're trying too hard sweaty.

Everyman ftw

Does LARPing as a nonwhite to bait out racism genuinely feel good? Or are you too far gone from sincerity to know what it means to have genuine feeling?

>Mistaking Jane Eyre for Jane Austen
Wew

>Jane Eyre
>translation
bruh

why do publishers use page count instead of wordcount? are they retarded?
>buyfagging shit that's free

Had to read it in 7th grade, Hated it. Still hate it. Romances suck.

This is the only good post in this thread.

That doesn't describe Jane Eyre at all.

Jane Eyre was written like 300 yrs ago and English that old needs to be translated (like canterbury tales).

Nice bait

This stems from your own inability to have a worthwhile relationship. If you did, you wouldn't have such a knee-jerk reaction to anything even remotely related to romance.

>tfw Helen Burns
Why did best girl have to die so soon? She was the best part of the whole novel.

Difference in page count like that can come from various things, such as the size of the physical page, the size of the font and margins, the amount of annotations included, the length of the introduction, etc.

based