Could I go to Hell because I can't understand the Christian God, thus making it harder for me to want to believe?

Could I go to Hell because I can't understand the Christian God, thus making it harder for me to want to believe?

Attached: Christ_in_the_Wilderness_-_Ivan_Kramskoy_-_Google_Cultural_Institute.jpg (2048x1795, 931K)

read books

not really.

God doesn't punish anyone for something they can't do. The less capability you have, the less culpability for your neglect.

No one can truly understand God. We can only think we understand Him based on scriptures.

Consult the bible

Its totally fine If you don’t believe
Some people are connected in a different way
You might have very good reasons to not believe in the way you’re describing
I believe only God knows what’s in the heart
Again, it’s fine, no real believer gives a fuck if you believe or not
But if your a evil person it’s an easy way for them to describe your behavior as Godless because God for them is the representation of perfect Live and Goodness and Beauty etc. if you lack those things in your soul it’s easy to describe you as Godless, but their not really pointing to your religious beliefs as much as your disconnection from all those things that make life Good, that make you Good, deserving of Good etc

>God doesn't punish anyone for something they can't do.
in divine comedy the greeks are in the limbo, though. They are not getting flame up the ass 24/7 but are in eternal hopelessness of salvation

>God doesn't punish anyone for something they can't do.
What somebody cannot do is subjective, and decided by you, a follower of God.

'Lord, are they few that are saved? But he said to them: Strive to enter by the narrow gate; for many, I say to you, shall seek to enter, and shall not be able.'

Luke 13:23-24

'For many are called, but few chosen.'

Mark 20:16

'Behold how many there are who are called, and how few who are chosen! And behold, if you have no care for yourself, your perdition is more certain than your amendment, especially since the way that leads to eternal life is so narrow.'

St. John of the Cross, Doctor of the Church

'The saved are few, but we must live with the few if we would be saved with the few. O God, too few indeed they are: yet amongst those few I wish to be!'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori, Doctor of the Church

'The more the wicked abound, so much the more must we suffer with them in patience; for on the threshing floor few are the grains carried into the barns, but high are the piles of chaff burned with fire.'

St. Augustine,

'All would wish to be saved and to enjoy the glory of paradise; but to gain heaven, it is necessary to walk in the straight road that leads to eternal bliss. This road is the observance of the divine commandments. Hence, in his preaching, the Baptist exclaimed: Make straight the way of the Lord.'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori,

'The number of the elect is so small - so small - that were we to know how small it is, we should faint away with grief. The number of the elect is so small that were God to assemble them together, He would cry to them, as He did of old, by the mouth of His prophet, "Gather yourselves together, one by one" - one from this province, one from that kingdom.'

St. Louis Marie de Montfort

'Our chronicles relate an even more dreadful happening. One of our brothers, well-known for his doctrine and holiness, was preaching in Germany. He represented the ugliness of the sin of impurity so forceful that a woman fell dead of sorrow in front of everyone. Then, coming back to life, she said, "When I was presented before the Tribunal of God, sixty thousand people arrived at the same time from all parts of the world; out of that number, three were saved by going to Purgatory, and all the rest were damned.'

St. Leonard of Port Maurice

'That those who walk in the way of salvation are the smaller number is due to the vice and depraved habits imbibed in youth and nourished in childhood. By these means Lucifer has hurled into Hell so great a number of souls, and continues thus to hurl them into Hell every day, casting so many nations from abyss to abyss of darkness and errors, such as are contained in the heresies and false sects of the infidels.'

Ven. Mary of Agreda

'We owe God a deep regret of gratitude for the purely gratuitous gift of the true faith with which he has favored us. How many are the infidels, heretics and schismatic who do not enjoy comparable happiness? The earth is full of them and they are all lost!'

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori,

Attached: 12352364634.jpg (1092x1037, 127K)

Ok cut the bullshit. It is said many times in the New Testament : The only law to follow to fully honor "the Christian God" is to love others as yourself.

My friend there's no need to make that big what is so easy to understand. Quote the essential to answer :

Galatians 5 : 14

"For all law is made complete as in one word, even in this, have love for your neighbour as for yourself"

God is not real and even if he was real I would try to kill him at any chance I could get

You use these words as if they were an idol in themselves. That’s blasphemy. I think that would Derrida meant by logocentrism. In his essay Violence and Metaphysics he talks about how philosophy is in inherently our relationship to the question. The question of our own life. Philosophy is the history of the question, the legacy of those who confronted the question, and so as long as we are involved with the question we will be involved with Philosophy. The question though is not inherently Platonic or Aristotlean, it is personal. So it is with the our relationship with the absolute. You should do what’s good , you should do as is commands and if you don’t you will suffer. There is plan for each one of us in our path towards absolute goodness. I’ll never forget the day when a good righteous upright Christian elderly woman looked me in the eye and told me that I was crazy if I thought that God didn’t want me to have amazingly great intense orgasms. The world is not a creation of which that we made to endure in suffering, but that we may live fully in the abundance that is absolute love.

You use Yea Forums as if you were gay

I don't think anyone considers the Divine Comedy canon

What if I was gay? What are you desperately trying to say?

Lmaooo implying god sight wouldn't totally chad you

Can you repeat that in English you fucking retard

I am desperatly typing yes. My child, there is nothing shameful nor wrong with gayness if you follow the correct path of love. Be proud of your distress, as it will result in perseverance, perseverance the key to victory, the key to victory our hope !

Lmaoo implying god sight wouldn't totally chad you !

Yes, nothing worth remembering

Do not deny what is useful my child, as love is never a burden !

You wouldn’t talk like this if you were a happy person, and I take no joy in seeing you fail

>10 minuets later

no but you're going to hell for being on this site

By the way if you want to argue, first of all, words are used as "idols" for christians (terrible term to talk about the christian cult, as they refute them), because dialogue actually creates reality, society mostly. You do not write from nothing -writing source of knowledge- but from the reality you have witnessed. As this is why christians, as written in the Bible, say that the world was created by voice.

My friend, I am not trying to say you're wrong, but just that your spirit of curiosity should actually think of the real depts of christianity. Most "christians" do not -and I think you've witnessed christianity only from people - understand at all the religion and simply use it to justify their judgment.
The New Testament wasn't written by retards, and it condenses all the christian ideology. Read it if you really want to understand christianity. You'll understand its pure intentions and flaws of being practical.

Do everyone a favor and stop using Yea Forums

Attached: 67D80A3F-295E-4527-955D-8FC30B24241C.jpg (640x844, 562K)

how could a just God condemn so many? are we all really that depraved?

yes, and they admit it

The same law that rises the righteous from the mud buries the wicked in lime

willing to say more?

no user. hell doesn't exist. it is a story that the ruling elites told to peasants in order to get them to conform.

You obviously never been to jail

>in divine comedy
user thats something else

>'The more the wicked abound, so much the more must we suffer with them in patience; for on the threshing floor few are the grains carried into the barns, but high are the piles of chaff burned with fire.'

Attached: 1442369336499.jpg (550x535, 49K)

You'll burn in all the hells of the other religions.