Just read Watchmen for the first time. Are there anymore Yea Forums comics?

Just read Watchmen for the first time. Are there anymore Yea Forums comics?

Attached: 719TAGpSHQL.jpg (653x1000, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concrete_(comics)
city-journal.org/html/where-there’s-will-13554.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Maus by art spiegelmen is the big one gets touted as an example of graphic novels as literature.

All-Star Superman is the greatest Superman take there is.

From Hell is IMO his best work, might continue with that.
terminally redditpilled

Comics that may appeal to the Yea Forums crowd:

Maus (Art Spiegelman)
Blankets (Craig Thompson)
Asterios Polyp (David Mazzuchelli)
A Contract With God (Will Eisner)
The Sculptor (Scott McCloud)
Black Hole (Charles Burns)
Poema a fumetti (Dino Buzzati)
David Boring (Daniel Clowes)
City of Glass (Paul Karasik)

this, plus Transmetropolitan and Sandman (Gaiman's only good work)

Uzumaki

Cerebus

This and Lucifer

Attached: 71a5y+WcRRL.jpg (996x1500, 214K)

Concrete (Paul Chadwick)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concrete_(comics)

Attached: concrete.png (1288x1240, 1.63M)

Hellblazer and Kaiji

Attached: edda2a4d00ece4b9f3f2dbaf0a0e0221._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1968, 472K)

There's an entire board for this topic
go there

>ctrl f 'corto maltese'
>nothing
Disappointing

This. Yea Forums and Yea Forums are retarded but if we flood them with quality discussion our retardation will surely beat theirs.

> transmetropolitan

based suggestion

There's a Brazilian one called "Daytripper". Every chapter tells, in a non-chronological way, a different and idealized part of the life of a famous author's son, who works writing obituaries for a newspaper. It's pretty comfy and kinda emotional.

All Star Superman
Life & Times of Scrooge McDuck
Judas by Jeff Loveness
Flex Mentallo: Man of Muscle Mystery
Neil Gaiman's Sandman as well as Lucifer.

I recommend Beautiful Darkness.

Attached: 91o2dW4NC0L.jpg (1310x1778, 514K)

Check out the work of Jean Giraud and Sergio Toppi.
Also Jim Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth is peak Yea Forums, prove me wrong.

Attached: STL129027.jpg (1428x1800, 1.64M)

Cerebus (Dave Sim)

Attached: Cerebus29p19RC.gif (1102x1600, 1.04M)

Alan Moore's Swamp Thing I think is pretty underrated.

Attached: 81FZLwoQTQL.jpg (1050x1500, 305K)

Grant Morrison's run on Animal Man

Attached: Animal_Man_Vol_1_18.jpg (360x450, 60K)

most things by Jodorowsky and Moebius are top tier
there's a Franco-Belgian series called Cities of the Fantastic that is brilliant
also most Franco-Belgian graphic novels are pretty Yea Forums

Promethea and The Invisibles are the most Yea Forums

The issues with the Void are a level of kino that has never been touched

based, there is no reason to make any superman stories after this book, morrison did everything

From Hell by Alan Moore
Bikini Cowboy too

This ones are excellent

Dog Moon
I didn't understand it.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, it's literally about characters from fictional stories teaming up to fight villains from those same types of stories (Allan Quatermain, Mina Murray, Captain Nemo, Dr. Henry Jekyll and Edward Hyde, and Hawley Griffin, the Invisible Man). It's a blast to read.

Attached: the-league-of-extraordinary-gentlemen-book.jpg (2056x2995, 744K)

Cerebus is the most Yea Forums comic there is.

Hellboy and B.P.R.D. are fun reads but they are pretty pulpy at times.

Attached: 81DZo6EFtoL.jpg (1665x2560, 359K)

Those aren't two hundred and something cloths, those are three hundred or four hundred and something cloths.

to add to all the good recs itt, Incal should be here too.
I also really like the Boxer by Reinhard Kleist - it's also about a holocaust survivor as Maus is, but I like it better (inb4 but muh relationship with his father and portraying people as different animals)

If you're looking for pulpy stuff, consider the Goon by Eric Powell, the first book might make you think it's boring, but the second and sixth one make it worth it

Nice thread. I think I have all of the suggested, but they're solid reads. Some I recommend:

Lone Wolf And Cub
Mouse Guard
Tintin
Habibi
Maus
Borgia
Indian Summer
Yukiko's Spinach
Bone
Little Nemo In Slumberland
Moonshadow
Promethea
Sandman
Asterix
Castle Waiting
Fairy Tales Of Oscar Wilde (P. Craig Russell adaptation)
Lucifer Volume 1
The Magic Flute (Russell)
Cerebus
Daniel Clowes
Love & Rockets
Signal To Noise
The Tale Of One Bad Rat
Cerebus
Jimmy Corrigan, The Smartest Kid The World
Lost Girls
Palomar
Strangers In Paradise
Stray Toasters
The Summer Of Love
Violent Cases
Hellboy
Preacher
The Sandman
30 Days Of Night
Blood: A Tale
Calvin And Hobbes
The Complete Crumb Comics
Amphigorey
The Book Of Mr. Natural
The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers
The Greatest Of Marlys
Johnny The Homicidal Maniac
Life's A Bitch: The Bitchy Bitch Chronicles
Little Annie Fanny
The Complete Peanuts
Spy Vs. Spy
The Pro
The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen
V For Vendetta
Druuna
Fafhrd And Gray Mouser
Ronin
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Batman: Hush Volumes 1 And 2
Watchmen
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Year One
Crisis On Infinite Earths
Daredevil By Frank Miller
Electra: Assassin
The 9/11 Report: A Graphic Adaptation
In The Shadow Of No Towers

>From Hell
This
>Sandman (Gaiman's only good work)
The only Gaiman you've read, most likely. He has a couple more good comics.
>The Invisibles
Eh. Be sure to check out The Adventures of Luther Arkwright first, though.
>transmetropolitan
Not really. Check out Planetary instead.
If you made this thread on Yea Forums, it would die with a couple replies telling you to fuck off.
>corto maltese
I read the whole thing and liked it. But it's a bit dated. Check it out anyway.
Not this one.
Other than the ones already mentioned, check out:
Bacchus
Peplum (check out Blutch in general)
Perramus (in Spanish; English coming soon)
Alack Sinner
Love and Rockets
The Nao of Brown
A Small Killing
Arsene Schrauwen (and Mowgli's Mirror)

yamikin ushijimakun

Miracleman

if its not written by the artist dont read it.
clowes, ware, schrauwen, thurber are all really good

this is a solid thread with more good reccs than I see out of Yea Forums recently. I'll add a few that didn't show up here

RASL
Freeway
Essex County
BodyWorld
Big Questions
Tricked and Box Office Poison
Cages
Over Easy and The Customer is Always Wrong
Skyscrapers of the Midwest
Usagi Yojimbo

Attached: IMGP0075edit.jpg (2224x2500, 1.24M)

Thanks to Norton for putting out this trilogy of big Will Eisner collections. It's eye-opening to see what the great grandfather of comics did between the late 1970s and his death in 2005 as he experimented with graphic novels (mainly for his own pleasure). His voice and style come from a different era (Eisner, of course, made his lasting fame with the groundbreaking Spirit comics starting in 1940), but they're amazing: full of humour and pathos and domestic drama. He's like Updike or Bradbury, with a master's fine pen-line.
These big books are the best deal for Eisner (each one roughly 500 pages, with multiple stories inside).
city-journal.org/html/where-there’s-will-13554.html

Attached: IMGP0016edit.jpg (1200x667, 345K)

A case could be made for the Hernandez Bros as the greatest thing in contemporary comics. I never get tired of reading their work, prolific though they are.

Attached: Hernandez.jpg (790x1200, 324K)

Habibi and Fables

>Blankets (Craig Thompson)

literally YA fiction. nicely illustrated though.

I can't get enough of Jiro Taniguchi late-period manga lately. They're just fantastic: beautiful, detailed art, deep and contemplative looks at human nature, and a light humor and grace to the stories. Lately I've been diving into the old godfathers of manga--Osamu Tezuka, Yoshihiro Tatsumi--to see where gekiga started, but Taniguchi (who died in 2017, sadly), shows where it went: "A serene, profound observer of the world," as Guillermo del Toro said.

Attached: Taniguchi.jpg (1002x1200, 361K)

The goon is based as fuck for the artwork alone

We've already mentioned Corto Maltese. The current new translation edition only has 2 of Pratt's 12 volumes left to release (Mu and Ballad of the Salty Sea). They're great historical-fiction adventures that give you an insider's view of many lost colonial zones and political craziness, with a dose of multicultural mysticism.

Attached: Pratt.jpg (1151x1200, 439K)

And then there's Hellboy. Mignola slowly comes into his own as a writer, but at his best, this gets very good, and even at its worst, it's fun and wonderfully illustrated mayhem.

Attached: Hellboy.jpg (1552x1200, 450K)

Yoshihiro Tatsumi was one of the first to try to aim manga into an adult, realistic/noir space, and coined the term "gekiga" for it. The artistry varies, but they're interesting and often brutal.

Attached: Tatsumi.jpg (1200x1038, 393K)

lone wolf an cub
otomo short stories/ domu
mother sarah

Joe Sacco. Fantastic nonfiction comic journalism, carefully researched and sourced, but with a lot of human interest and interaction, and very detailed art. He's one of a kind.

Attached: Sacco.jpg (876x1200, 306K)

Osamu Tezuka was the grandfather of manga, and his output is insane, and wildly variable in quality. He was like Stan Lee and Jack Kirby combined, creating new rules for everything as he went along. I never know what I'll get with him, but I'm hoping to score his 8-volume Buddha life sometime.

Attached: Tezuka.jpg (1225x1200, 446K)

And then there's the original American master himself, Sparky.

Attached: PeanutsCollection.jpg (1200x2335, 825K)

Good posts ITT.
I really recommend searching out underground and independent manga from the late 20th century. There's some stuff of real literary quality in there. Yoshihiro Tatsumi's work for example is excellent.

Swamp Thing by Alan Moore
Nausicaa by Hayao Miyazaki
Doom Patrol by Grant Morrison
The Question by Dennis O'Neil

I think Charlie's War by Pat Mills is hard to beat. He spent 6 months interviewing veterans of WWI before writing a word. Every story is a collection of real anecdotes.

watchmen is really good, despite the soi fanbase. try v for vendetta

Dylan Dog of course, like Umberto Eco said: "I can read the Bible, Homer, or Dylan Dog for several days without being bored."

The Dark Knight Returns. Yes, it's capeshit, but it's also a satire of the media and the political landscape of the 1980s, and most of the satire is just as relevant in today's world as it was in the 80s.

logicomix.

what do lads think of Doomsday clock? It's about to be finished, I was wondering is it at the level of watchmen or not?

I've read this recently, atmosphere is non plus ultra. Highly recommended.

Attached: received_450340525713714.jpg (1500x2000, 329K)

What are Frank Miller's best comics? The Dark Knight Returns and Daredevil are the only works of his that have already been mentioned in this thread.

Based. I loved Beautiful Darkness, and am looking forward to the newer one. I'm reading a lot of great comic work lately from Adrian Tomine, Joe Matt, Chester Brown, Guy Delisle, Seth, etc., but (for those who don't know about it) Beautiful Darkness (Fabien Vehlmann & Kerascoët) is easily the most disturbing graphic novel I've read in years. It's... it's like the film Inside Out, but this time the personified emotions are cute little personality fragments escaping from the corpse of a murdered little girl in the forest, and they hurt and slaughter each other as her body decays.

Attached: 19399848_10158881293885440_8265378008952509372_n.jpg (513x630, 89K)

Locke and Key are interesting by Joe Hill. They may well get trashed on here for his relations, but there some great story here and pretty interesting artwork.

Attached: image.jpg (495x751, 133K)

You named them, aside from Ronin (which is great--my favourite of his work). His newer work is still awesome for art, but his brain never recovered from Hard-Boiled/ Sin City and 300, and he's lost in Pulp-Noir Land. The closest he's come to a recovery is The Dark Knight III: The Master Race, which is decent. Other stuff like All-Star Batman & Robin, Xerxes or Holy Terror is so fucking badly written you should buy them only in a language you can't read so you can just enjoy the pictures and never suffer the dialogue.

Are Sin City or 300 any good?

Locke & Key is a bit pulpy, but great concepts (and I love Skelton crew's replicas of the keys).

Attached: Group_shot.jpg (1000x958, 115K)

check out author Manu Larcenet

Art-wise, definitely. Sin City is a visual treat. The stories are noir-pulp fun, and honestly they can really grab you, but in the end they're just playing on some pretty thin old tropes. I have the Big Damn Sin City, which is huge and weighs 13 pounds. Here's my son trying to lift it.

Attached: 10487485_10154383673900440_4225248490262339050_n.jpg (761x960, 139K)

>Preacher
This was a time-waster. The final climax is a disappointment let down and everything that precedes it isn't that interesting. The only highlight in the entire thing is the mini western.

>Batman: Hush Volumes 1 And 2
Terrible. A villain with a god awful motivation and the love story is forced AF.

I recently read Kraven's Last Hunt and it's great.

Am I a brainlet if I thought that Rorschach was right (at least during the ending)

Attached: 1564595691034.jpg (1135x918, 121K)

Don't forget the underground stuff.

Attached: IMGP0002edit.jpg (1500x1174, 395K)

Jesus Christ, someone on this website managed to procreate.

It's true. I have two kids, actually.

Attached: IMGP0095edit.jpg (1100x830, 222K)

I've just borrowed Beautiful Darkness and Alone (I guess that's the translation) Vol. 1 and 2 yesterday, but didn't get to it yet. A friend recommended it to me, so looking forward to reading it.

From the authors you recommended, I see my local library has the North Korea one from Guy Delisle, will check it out. Thanks!

I'd like to recommend Logicomix by Apostolos Doxiadis to you, I've read it the first time last summer (from the library) and I bought it this summer (translation) and read it again. Thinking about buying it again in English because I love it.

Logicomix? Sounds good; I shall check it out. Asterios Polyp is another fun read, and of course any of Carl Barks' Uncle Scrooge/Donald Duck comics.

Attached: IMGP0070edit.jpg (1200x1118, 341K)

Superman: Peace on Earth and Batman: War on Crime were both neat takes on capeshit.
I liked the idea of Superman’s attempts to give humanitarian aid being thwarted by corrupt people rather than one-dimensional supervillains, and Bruce Wayne’s realization that if he weren’t a multi-millionaire he’d have likely become just another criminal. They’re both quick reads.

I would just explore more Alan Moore works.

From the top of my head in order of quality (imo obviously):
- Miracleman (my favorite of his, it has lows lower than watchmen but it's peaks are higher than watchmen ever got)
- From Hell
- V for Vendetta
- Saga of the swamp thing

Last two are capeshit but they're also incredible imo:
- The killing joke
- Whatever happened to the man of tomorrow
- For the man who has everything

If you like those I'd recommend digging deeper in his bibliography too but those are the ones I think are the must reads from him.

For non Moore works:
Sandman by Neil Gaiman is pretty good though this is coming from someone who enjoys his writing
Maus by spiegelmen
Through the Woods by Emily Carroll
Sin City by Frank Miller (kinda campy but I love it and the way Miller plays with contrast is really incredible imo)

I also recommend Junji Ito, his horror manga is incredibly moving. Not exactly incredibly deep philosophical stuff but he's definitely worth looking into. Would recommend looking into the enigma of amigara fault first as it's quicker and gets you a good feel on his work before reading something as long as Uzumaki.

All good stuff (though I haven't read Miracleman yet). I've been collecting the new Ito translations: his Frankenstein adaptation is quite good.

Attached: Junji Ito.jpg (1200x949, 390K)

His Frankenstein was incredible. Really was unsure how he was going to adapt a work like that but it was really such a great read. Think there's a new compilation coming out in December of his too!

persepolis is really good, that and maus are the only graphic novels ive read

If you like those, consider giving Joe Sacco a try. Also, there's A Game for Swallows by Zeina Abirached which is similar to Persepolis but with better art, and Fatherland: A Family History by Nina Bunjevac. All great non-fiction.

No Longer Human is coming out in Dec--Osamu Dazai’s immortal and supposedly autobiographical work of Japanese literature adapted into a manga by Junji Ito. Also, a book of Ito's art called The Art of Junji Ito: Twisted Visions is due out next April.

bump

Fukumoto mangas
The vision
Swamp thing
Midnighter(2015) If you like some capeshit

Looks like a pretty happy family Man congrats

Man I love Corto Maltese. I probably read a hundred of his books (counting endless reread when I was a kid).
Fun personal anecdote, my mother spent one afternoon working with him when she was young, and he hit on her.

Americans will never know the joy of reading Alan Ford

Attached: 220px-Magnus-MaxBunker-AF1.jpg (220x306, 26K)

Based Balkanbro, right?

Yep, also Dylan Dog, Zagor, Tex

Flex Mentallo

Excellent taste, I love Grande Blek and Comandante Mark as well.

The virgin American "comic" vs. the Chad Italian graphic novel

Did you really like Frankenstein? I think he fucked up the ending.

Can you recommend some good one-volume manga?

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind is one of the best dystopian sci fi graphic novels I've ever seen.

You mean Pratt hit on her? Awesome. My friend's mother had Nabokov as her thesis supervisor. Not sure if anything naughty happened, but can you imagine bringing your drafts to HIM? Terrifying.
Thanks! We do pretty well, and they love books.

Attached: IMGP0045edit.jpg (1200x857, 239K)

Yes, he was quite the ladies man, and my mother was a qt.

>Nabokov as thesis advisor
I shiver just thinking about it. But perhaps he was very affable in private.

Nice meme, but it's just that - a meme. There are some great American comics as well.

That's an extremely wholesome image, user. What's your wife like?

Attached: sophisticted european comedy.png (758x516, 1.02M)

The Invisibles, The Filth
Transmetropolitan
The Incal
Junji Ito
Shintoro Kago

As a lot of people have suggested, any of the Moebius/ Jodorowsky works are worth checking out.
I think The Incal is a masterpiece unironically

Sweet, educated, musical. I got very lucky. Our first meeting we discovered a shared love of Eliot (she was doing an MA thesis on him, and I already had), and I offered to loan her some useful books...

Attached: zzz10152345655790440_1034218763_n.jpg (705x960, 75K)

You're a really lucky guy and I wish you and your family the best in life. Keep it up.

Thanks! This has been a good thread, with very little random abuse. When I was planning a comics course, this was my 'short list' (works I could probably get 100+ copies of, not too long, not too expensive, each one offering something a bit different about the media):
1. The Fixer and Other Stories, by Joe Sacco (Drawn & Quarterly 2009) ISBN-13: 978-1897299906

2. Moonshot: The Indigenous Comics Collection Volume 2, by Hope Nicholson et. al. (Alternate History Comics Inc. 2017) ISBN-13: 9780987715265 [or perhaps Vol. 1 if that's easier to get]

3. Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic, by Alison Bechdel (Mariner Books 2007) ISBN-13: 978-0618871711

4. Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood, by Marjane Satrapi (Pantheon 2004) ISBN-13: 978-0375714573

5. The Sandman Vol. 4: Season of Mists [new edition], by Neil Gaiman et. al. (Vertigo 2011) ISBN-13: 978-1401230425

6. This One Summer, by Mariko Tamaki & Jillian Tamaki (Groundwood Books 2014) ISBN-13: 978-1554981526

7. Maus I: A Survivor's Tale: My Father Bleeds History, by Art Spiegelman (Pantheon 1986) ISBN-13: 978-0394747231

8. Killing And Dying, by Adrian Tomine (Drawn & Quarterly 2018) ISBN-13: 978-1770463097

9. Ms. Marvel Volume 1: No Normal, by G. Willow Wilson et. al. (Marvel 2014) ISBN-13: 978-0785190219

10. Murder Mysteries (2nd edition), by Neil Gaiman & P. Craig Russell (Dark Horse Books 2014) ISBN-13: 978-1616553302

11. I Kill Giants [Movie Tie-In Edition], by by Joe Kelly & J.M. Ken Niimura (Image Comics 2018) ISBN-13: 978-1607069850

12. V for Vendetta (New Edition), by Alan Moore & David Lloyd (Vertigo 2008) ISBN-13: 978-1401208417

13. Marble Season, by Gilbert Hernandez (Drawn & Quarterly 2013) ISBN-13: 978-1770460867

14. The Michael Moorcock Library - Elric Vol 3: The Dreaming City, by Michael Moorcock, Roy Thomas, & P. Craig Russell (Titan Comics 2016) ISBN-13: 978-1785853340

15. I Never Liked You, by Chester Brown (Drawn & Quarterly 2004) ISBN-13: 978-1896597140

16. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns 30th Anniversary Edition, by Frank Miller (DC Comics 2016) ISBN-13: 978-1401263119

17. Secret Path, by Gord Downie & Jeff Lemire (Simon & Schuster 2016) ISBN-13: 978-1501155949

18. Batman: Arkham Asylum [25th Anniversary], by Grant Morrison & Dave McKean (DC Comics 2014) ISBN-13: 978-1401251246

19. Pyongyang: A Journey in North Korea, by Guy Delisle (Drawn & Quarterly 2007) ISBN-13: 978-1897299210

20. It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken, by Seth (Drawn & Quarterly 2003) ISBN-13: 978-1896597706

Attached: Seth.jpg (1200x1027, 388K)

I've heard the Alita manga is really good from my roommate.

That's a pretty solid list, I'll add to my backlog everything I haven't read from it.

Shitty rip-off of Rembrandt's The Anatomy Lesson of Dr Tulp

anything by alan moore
sandman - neil gaiman
the invisibles & flex mentallo - grant morrison
the unwritten - mike carey
lock & keye - joe hill
moon knight - warren ellis
saga - brian vaughan

Surprised nobody mentioned this one yet

Attached: 6966115.jpg (302x475, 23K)

I'm not familiar with it. Details?

Both are overrated, TM is especially shitty. They're pretentious pseudo-Moore garbage for redditors.

Jodo was a shit writer. His collabs with Moebius were good only by the virtue of Moe's art. See Incal. But Sacred Heart, for example, does not give Moe anything special to work with and is consequently an abortion consisting of Jodo's mysticist idiocy and incoherent storytelling.

>But it's a bit dated
Fuck off back to Yea Forums

>if it's not performed by the composer don't listen to it
>if it's not filmed by the director don't watch it
>if it's not acted by the playwright don't watch it

It's been two years already? Holy shit. Taniguchi was certainly one of the greats.

Checked the preview on Fibra's site. Why does everything they put out look so boring and predicable?

Narratively kind of dumb (though way above typical capeshit by the simple virtue of being entirely in the artist's control, so it's no biggie if he kills the main character, for example), but visually terrific.

I wouldn't say anybody is right in that story. It's overall a quite nihilistic comic. Even if Rorschach was right on some higher level, that cannot be confirmed by the story itself.

>Chad Italian graphic novel
for maximum cred call them fumetti
Recently I read a short text on Magnus, he did loads of interesting stuff after Alan Ford, looks worthy of checking out.

some stuff that might not have been already recommended:
Jimmy Corrigan
Sharaz-de by Sergio Toppi
Prince Valiant
Tarzan (Hogarth)
Blueberry (Charlier & Giraud)
some of these are not very "Yea Forums" but have terrific art that makes them worthwhile

Matt Wagner's Grendel.

Eiland - Stefan van Dinther and Tobias Schalken

shit taste my friend please commit suicide

Why don't I ever see Sabrina mentioned here?

One of the few works in any medium that portrays life in the 21st century realistically. given the abject failure of american publishing for the last 40 years, Sabrina is genuinely one of the top works in american lit for a long time

Attached: sabrina drnaso.jpg (2082x2560, 219K)

Sorry, I believe my taste is immaculate and would not wish to deprive the world of its presence.

Sabrina is fine, but given the hype I expected much more. It doesn't go anywhere Clowes, Ware, and Tomine haven't, among others, but when you get a big hit it gets read by many people who don't know the field and find it unique.

When someone recommends Foster, Ware, Hogarth, and Giraud, their taste is just fine. What comics do you like?

Ariel Schrag's four books Awkward, Definition, Potential and Likewise about her high school years and life as a lesbian teen in the mid to late 90s Bay Area quite nice.

Attached: 4EA8B5C5-F8B9-49B8-BF4E-BD78E1241B1E.jpg (1650x2200, 388K)

Ishmael is a throwaway character in this with a throwaway line which is him awkwardly telling someone whom he has osensibly known for years to 'call me Ishmael' and I think that's all you need to know to dispell illusions about the literary status of this work.

It's still good tho, recommend

The vision by tom king is one of the best modern comics

Attached: background.jpg (633x537, 51K)

I picked up the hardcover recently. Damn, that was one dark storyline.

Yeah, by the covers was expecting a stranger out of the nest with the vision family but nope, Full dark but pretty good nonethless

There are better panels out there

bumping