What is "is"?

What is "is"?

Attached: 1504358404218.jpg (680x472, 32K)

the relation between ideas and reality

immediate beingness ; insistence.

That is which exists

Its an intransitive verb indicating a state of being, either generally or deictically, in some particular manner.

Brainlets and their "profound" questions, when will they learn?

Do ideas not exist in reality?

It's me

“Is” is everything that is not “is not.” Duh.

Is means "to be"

B E I N G

Well you just used it in the sentence so you tell me.

the islamic state

is that a Bill Clinton reference

It depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is

true that

1. "is" is what gives the possiblity of asking such question.
2. simple present of being (immediate beingness).
3. to exist in the immediate moment (the flower is).
4. assign qualities, states, etc... (the flower is blue).
5. conjugated form of being that cannot denote essence, that's interesting, when you take being as a noun you can use it as "essence": "what's the being of the chair?", but not with "is".

I think that our understanding of being can only be circular, being can only be groundless and is above reason or non-reason. When can have different groundless apprehensions of what is to exist, so if we ask if there is a self, your answer will differ according to your conception/mode of being.

Another curious thing is that when you ask "what is something", you are generally asking the essence of such thing, so what is the being of all "is", what is the being of immediate beingness?

So is saying that ideas are not and reality is? Since reality always is and he is contrasting it with ideas. So "is" creates a relation between what is and what is not? How the fuck will non-being interact with being? Or is he saying that ideas are a manifestation of reality (therefore having being, but not being being) and the reality is being? Almost like saying that "is" has prevalence over other types of being. What a brainlet. So many implicit mistakes in six words.

a copula
i.e. have sex

A can of worms

an invocation of the divine

is is what is is

A state of being.

What is it to 'be'?