Why bother reading the classics? The most successful men walking the earth only read pop science and philosophy

Why bother reading the classics? The most successful men walking the earth only read pop science and philosophy.

Attached: rs-213329-R1247_FEA_Rogen_A.jpg (910x606, 63K)

Do you strut into /po/ and say "hey nerds the most successful people on earth don't care about origami" too you fucking dipshit

That's the reason to read classics. To compensate for lack of success.

To go after success is to be always behind it.

If you're short, ugly, bald, mediocre-brained and don't love classic fiction then you're not a success.

He's healthier and happier than you. Probably more intelligent. He's sculpting the world into his ultimate desire. What are you doing?

Pop science and pop philosophy are still literature. Don't get upset.

>The most successful men walking the earth only read pop science and philosophy.
But Classic philosophy is the best philosophy

Then why do only losers read classic philosophy?

Succes is a subjective term. If you wouldnt want to trade place with anyone else in the universe, youre pretty succesful imo.

Atrocious quality bait

For some reason, Stoicism is very popular among rich tech types.

>The most successful men walking the earth only read pop science and philosophy.

Attached: per-xijinping-01-810459054.jpg (1440x1217, 181K)

Pop sci and phi are news articles, statistics, and headlines, you monkey

What would make someone a successful men in your opinion?

Do you know who Alexander of Macedon is?

Which they get from contemporary breakdowns. Not by pouring over ancient texts.

They actually read mostly the Medidations and the Enchiridion, which are ancient texts.

His diet might be healthier, he eats wild game, but he's not healthier and not as big in the brain. I'm sculpting the world into my ultimate desire.

Attached: ND.gif (500x288, 369K)

>Hey, this cosmopolitan upper class that propagates rabid, shallow consumerism doesn't read
>You shouldn't either
If the old elite has fallen, it is up to us to carry the flame

No
You're wasting time on this website for retards.
What are you doing?

If you're aiming for success by reading books you're doing it wrong.

>but he's not healthier
He is muscular, he is very lucid and doesnt appear to be sick.
>and not as big in the brain
He is well articulated, he could keep conversation for hours with academics, he is honest and have always good questions in the moment, have a good sense of humor. He is at least more braini than the average.

I'm not him, but I'm probably healthier than Joe Rogan given that I'm natty and I don't use drugs.

Drugs don't actually damage your health
-Burrough

here's what bill gates is reading this summer
i might read the rose george book myself. she wrote a really interesting book about poo

Attached: 2019-09-05_1756.png (527x849, 712K)

So that you can say Trump has crossed the Rubicon rather than saying that Trump is literally Voldemort.

Our society and economy rewards mediocre talents. The poor were never meant to have money enough to shape culture.

>meant

Attached: ms.jpg (753x800, 170K)

His diet is not healthier. He took significant amount of human growth hormone and steroids. It gave him that bulging egg dome and it probably shrunk his testicles. On top of that he hollows his soul by selling out and being a gatekeeper.

Seems like something a failure would say.

That Jack Dorsey episode was pathetic.