The Fault In Our Stars is overrated garbage hyped up by retarded teenagers and manchildren

The Fault In Our Stars is overrated garbage hyped up by retarded teenagers and manchildren.

Attached: 1567694797604.png (496x426, 289K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nlfnY9TNa5g
youtube.com/watch?v=0MzFgsIByv0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Any more like this?

Attached: 4e9709_d3cafe72113542de9a5478e8fd1d795e_mv2.jpg (600x399, 27K)

Did you realize it all by yourself?

Obviously.

I thought it was on-par with Brothers Karamazov

You mean women, I never saw a single guy reading this, then again I was class of 15 who knows how onions things are now

Did this absolute mancel compare women to a disposable bowl of cheerios?

insightful
youtube.com/watch?v=nlfnY9TNa5g

Attached: tumblr_inline_p1brmcd9Dk1rr08jv_500.jpg (500x281, 42K)

The life cycle of mockery has three primary stages:
1. Ridicule of the object in question because of how bad it is, incredulity at its stupidity, etc.
2. The ironic endorsement of the object, pretending that it's good, etc.
3. The meme dies

We're in stage 3 on this one

>there are people under the age of 30 on Yea Forums

Attached: smoking.png (1000x700, 85K)

It disgusts me too bro.

He is comparing men to a disposable bowl of cheerios.

It's open to interpretation, and knowing John "manwhore, cad and bounder" Green it's the former.

If 48 other dudes came in your cheerios, woukd you still eat it?

The Fault In Our Stars is actually the single worst book I've ever read.

Usually when I don't like a book I'll put it down and forget about it, because hey! Whatever! Everyone likes different things, right? But this book actually infuriated me. First and foremost, the characters don't talk like teenagers. I attempted to read it when I was 17 - none of my friends and I spoke like philosophical pretentious shitheads. It was immediately obvious that the book was being written by a middle-aged man impersonating a teenage girl. Second - because of the first point - the characters were not likable at all. I did not feel sympathy, even though I really wanted to, I could not stand Hazel or Augustus, and did not feel particularly attached to either of them. And the "prose," if it could even be called that, was not fluid at all, it was clearly someone trying their hardest to speak in forced metaphors so that it appears they're even remotely deep as they dive in the shallow end.

But let's put all of that aside for a second. What really gets under my skin about this book and about John Green is how it romanticizes cancer. Death, cancer, dying, it's not beautiful or romantic or mysterious, it's real and it is fucking ugly. And this man took such a concept and thought, "Hey, I can probably make a quick buck by impersonating a teenager and writing some sappy romance, but against a cancer backdrop!" And so it presents this false idea of infatuation and destruction and "broken beauty" to a young audience that doesn't know any better, and he makes money off of it. It is actually disgusting.

A girl I was talking to in high school recommended this book to me, I tried, and on our first date I told her everything that I hated about it because I was socially retarded. Needless to say there was not a second date. Now when people tell me they love John Green I just play dumb and say I've never read anything by him, and keep my hatred to myself in silence. But god damn, I do not like him or his shitty book at all. Fucking capitalistic, manipulative, shit-tier author that he is. FUCK.

I didn't think it was too bad, at least the first half that I read as part of a free preview
Other shit I like:
>A Farewell to Arms
>Blood Meridian
>The Good Soldier
>The Recognitions
>Rimbaud
>Ondaatje (not quite onions-tier canadian)
>Shakespeare
thank you for reading my blogpost

why were you reading ya fic

Attached: download (2).jpg (345x146, 5K)

Get the FUCK back to twitter NOW

No. It's interesting. Stop being an elitist

Apparently he treats people like food to be eaten tho weird guy

It's not surprising that a cuck is the man behind one of the dullest movies in the history of filmmaking. Seriously each scene following the boy amputee and his genetically inferior pals as they fight assorted diseases has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of drama, all to make cancer cancerous, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Green vetoed the idea of Michael Bay directing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his book. The Fault In Our Stars might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous.Green's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of The Fault In Our Stars by the same Stephanie Meyer. She wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading The Fault In Our Stars at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephenie Meyer." And she was quite right. She was not being ironic. When you read "The Fault In Our Stars" you are, in fact, trained to read "Twilight".

Can this become pasta pls?

youtube.com/watch?v=0MzFgsIByv0

Hang on a second...

if "we are all african" doesn't that mean white people have as much right to its land as the blacks?

Based and redpilled

Good post

When is he going to complete his transition?

Mins blown

God this thread for the thirtieth time. Here’s the thing John is a decent YA author with a solid grasp on presenting strong theming. The problem is that he is samie in his writing and he doesn’t trust the audience enough to understand nuance so he feels the need to spell things out when it would be a lot more compelling if he let the reader interpret shit.

>decent YA author
all of his "teens" sound like 40 year old gay men, not 16 and 17 year old boys/girls