Seattle Bookstore Staff Picks

This book store is regarded as “classy” and mature (expensive).

Here’s their picks!

elliottbaybook.com/staff-picks

Attached: 3C9BB5F0-D1D1-418D-AA59-9CF98F14503E.jpg (1242x1061, 966K)

so much soi...

You sure showed those silly femoids how their taste isn't as refined and high-class as yours.
You go boy!

Elaine's not too bad.
>You sure showed those silly femoids how their taste isn't as refined and high-class as yours.
And you can't stand it.

How? He didn’t say anything

>Elaine's not too bad.
Yoo takin da piss m80???

How many people work there lmao

By posting them.

no, she likes watership down m90

Praise the Lord for french women, is all i’m gonna say. They literally seem like aristocrats next to american women.

Are you French?

Her recommendations are mostly children's book m100

>implying a French man has any taste

French canadian larping as such, but the gf is, although it’s not her i’m talking about per se.

Dude, we have this board as an irrefutable proof of anglos middlebrow, ethnocentric taste. You’re not that credible right now lol, especially not in this thread.

chesters picks are based

yanks aren't anglo

of course the nibba picks ralph ellison

good lord what a bunch of pretentious cunts

The more I look at these people the more I'm convinced that physiognomy is a real science.

>holding a grudge against a 7 year old well into your 30s
Why are women like this?

Keep your shoes on, Dorothy

Attached: 1560819326267.png (1544x542, 608K)

Dev is a cute

One of better things I've read today

It's a book description isn't it?

Men Explain Things to Me (Paperback)
By Rebecca Solnit
$12.95
On Our Shelves Now

I was nodding and "mhmming" throughout this entire book. Picking up on the nuances of the culture of silencing women, Solnit draws connections to larger issues of violence against women. A resonating read for anyone who thinks they may have been a culprit mansplainer and anyone who has ever been mansplained to. A necessary read for anyone who thinks they've never mansplained at all. (You have; read this book.)

Attached: 89c8e3d03382999da688fa0196854628.jpg (375x336, 14K)

By Cinzia Arruzza, Tithi Bhattacharya, Nancy Fraser
$12.95
On Our Shelves Now

This was such a welcome rebuttal to the deafening white noise of the mainstream feminist movement, the one that prioritizes personal success over systemic change and reinforces oppressive power structures. This straight-to-the-point manifesto posits the necessity of a feminism that is anti-imperialist, anti-capitalist, anti-racist, anti-homophobic, anti-transphobic, anti-ableist, and anti-sexist—in other words, a movement that will make the world a better place for everyone. Reading it, I had to resist the urge to underline every single word

Attached: 1547062453439.png (680x680, 416K)

The authors have produced an insightful and thorough review of polyamory and non-monogamy. This book will meet the needs of those with passing curiosities on the subject just as well as those with ample lived experience of polyamory, taking the reader all the way from intro to intricacy. Those who enjoyed The Ethical Slut will love this updated guide to today's world of polyamory.

Attached: 4e9709_d3cafe72113542de9a5478e8fd1d795e_mv2.jpg (600x399, 27K)

Yeong-hye has a nightmare and decides to become a vegetarian. Her decision, a small act of independence, sets off a series of events that cascade outward into her marriage and family-life with unforeseeable consequences. This book is feminist and freaky and I love it.

Attached: mouthofmadnessblue.jpg (592x470, 59K)

The store is conveniently located next to Elliott Bay, where visitors can commit suicide after reading the staff picks.

Cruising Utopia is an urgent intervention in contemporary thought, a call for reclaiming the utopian in this historical moment that has purportedly lost all conception of the future. Part manifesto, part criticism, part philosophical meditation, the essays in this book trace the queer utopian impulse of numerous works and aesthetic traditions that are ultimately engaged with the task of imagining another world and realizing that world in the now.

Attached: madness-banner-1.jpg (945x494, 46K)

I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats (Gifts for Cat Lovers, Funny Cat Books for Cat Lovers) (Hardcover)
By Francesco Marciuliano
$12.95
Out of Stock - Usually Ships in 1-5 Days

Do you have cats?
Cats sure are keen
They fill your life
With pleasantries
... But only if you obey. FUNNY STUFF

Attached: 1567363256751.png (454x520, 11K)

>tfw no Elaine gf

Although written as a sermon, Michael Eric Dyson’s Tears We Cannot Stop evokes no images of a man standing behind the pulpit or even of a professor at the front of a lecture hall. No such guise of authority is needed; his deeply personal accounts of him and his family living while black in America, tied closely with his take on many recent, more public outcries of black Americans, speaks for itself. Dyson is not asking for sympathy, nor even an admission of guilt from white America; he simply asks America to stop looking at history with its rose-colored glasses, to listen, and to join in forging a new path. Challenging, direct, and hard to forget.

Attached: justin_murphy_new.jpg_SIA_JPG_fit_to_width_INLINE.jpg (400x594, 22K)

>those who enjoyed The Ethical Slut
wew lad

they posted themselves online first though

Thanks rabbi!

I hope Ellis is actually a boy, I want to fuck her boipussi.

I'd chuck one up it.

is it just a coincidence that the black dude chose black authors
am i just naive

I'd love to kick the shit out of Sam W.

I noticed that too. (Only one without explicitly feminist books either)

But half of the people on that list are male

>no love for based Greg

Attached: EB6C81D7-7159-4FEB-BE91-772DC76F0BBA.jpg (1125x1004, 784K)

>On Our Shelves Now
What, did you expect them to recommend a bunch of out of print or public domain classics?

Attached: Jonah Hill.jpg (1620x1069, 247K)

Frogs can all go hang.

Surely you men OP and everyone in this thread

I come in here all the time asking for Fascist literature just to see them get all tight-faced and upset.

There’s also a cafe in the back employed by girls with hormone moist aches and men with hormone boobs, walls lined with framed photos of RBG and other feminist/black people in recent history

they look like nice people, somewhat interesting recs sprinkled among them but they have to sell too many modern american authors so they never stood a chance

holy fuck they have a lot of staff

Why do they all look so weird? It's like when you look at thai girls in Pattaya they all have some slight deformity or defect in their face and you can just tell there is something abnormal about them. It's teh same thing with every single face on this webpage.

Patrician

Observe how the leftist psychology operates. Neither is the staff female, nor does OP's post contain a single value judgement. Yet, this person immediately projects his own insecurities onto an innocent thread and shames the OP. His belief system is not based on fact, only pure sentiment that derives from his own neurotic condition.

Regular people always look weird in at least one way

no they dont

It’s a cool shop. Last time I went in the woman behind the counter wasn’t terribly nice. They have a good selection but yeah it’s expensive. Western Washington is known for local bookstores. I’d rather spend money at a place like this a corporate one but yeah, almost everything is full price.

This link is fucking cringe though. Fuck Seattle.

if you read their taste's they're not that bad, I don't see the big deal here. Not all of it is my cup of tea, but who cares?

their employee demographic is the type to also have a job teaching yoga or spin classes on the side so they're all part-time

Get off my board Quentin