Okay Yea Forums

Okay Yea Forums

How much time a day do you read? Neets can answer too
>Try for about 3-4 hours myself. 40 hour work week plus 3 kids so could be worse

How many books do you read at a time?
> I usually stay around 2. Most I'll juggle is 3 at a time

Lastly, are you a systematic reader or do you just read what you want to read?
>I like to stick to certain time periods and attack the entire genre. For example I've been in the Greeks for the past 4 months going through politcs, history, mythology, philosophy, literature, poetry, plays, etc.

Attached: books.jpg (660x440, 78K)

I read about 2 hours a day. Maybe up to 6 hours at most like on the weekend. Right now I have 4 but I try to keep it to a low number. Ideally only 1-2. I try to be systematic but also follow my own fancy. I will often read a bunch by one author before moving on to something else. I also tend to reread more than my IRL lit friends tend to.

I get the desire to reread some really good books. Sometimes almost immediately. I have to stave off that desire so I can continue my reading list

Ideally 1-2 hours a day with uni and work otherwise if it's a break then 3-4 hours.
1 book at a time although if it's a series of works like Complete Shakespeare I'll read something else every now and then.
Systematic reader through and through. Been reading the Greeks since the start of the year, onto Plato now and then Aristotle before reading some Roman stuff. There's plenty of books I want to read but I'm taking it step by step.

Part of me just wants to finish the Greeks then read whatever from whenever though.

Attached: shiller.jpg (579x431, 20K)

You Australians need to stop posting on here

>I have to stave off that desire so I can continue my reading list
Pleb attitude desu

Zero hours a day

reading is for nerd I listen to audio-books like a chad

Close. What gave it away?

Attached: nzuni.jpg (227x610, 35K)

About an hour per day on weekdays and the probably up to three or four on weekends. I always have one fiction, one non-fiction going. I am systematic but I go through phases. Been reading a lot of Italian lit for the last year.

The term uni, the American cunts use "Choledgee", My MAwHm bought my Charrr so I can Stevie bAck anD ForWrth to Choledgee” and you’re from
New Zealand, fucking YiKes, Melbourne is where its at.

don't the British say uni too?

Brits use that as well, think this guy just knows how time-zones work.

That makes sense

Yes they do pal
Hey buddy

Go to bed fAm

>hours a day
It varies, but in the 2–3 hour range, I guess.

>books at a time
Two. One audiobook I listen to during my commute and while walking the dog, and one print or ebook.

>systematic
Not at all. I jump between subjects, genres, and the like rather haphazardly.

Canadians too

At 9:38? Nah, I have a copy of Molly, Malone dies and the Unnamable beside me, why would I got to bed Senpai?

Time is limited friend. I am pretty good at digesting and remembering things I read so it's better to move forward for me at least

>1hr reading time with 10 minutes journal and 20 minutes reward. (6x in a day)

Few things that I've read have been as rewarding and insightful as a comprehensive study of Ancient Greece.
The philosophy and tragedy of Ancient Greek writers puts me at ease in my own life

>20 minutes reward
what kind of reward?

I spend 2 hours reading and 2 hours "reading" (audiobook). I go for long walks or bicycle rides while I listen, very comfy. I usually save my less involving reading, like breezy fiction or history, for audio format. So I always have 2 books going at a time. I try to read systematically but usually after one or two books I get bored of the subject and move on to something else

Rereading is an operation contrary to the commercial and ideological habits of our society, which would have us "throw away" the story once it has been consumed ("devoured"), so that we can then move on to another story, buy another book, and which is tolerated only in certain marginal categories of readers (children, old people, and professors), rereading is here suggested at the outset, for it alone saves the text from repetition (those who fail to reread are obliged to read the same story everywhere), multiplies it in its variety and its plurality: rereading draws the text out of its internal chronology ("this happens before or after that") and recaptures a mythic time (without before or after); it contests the claim which would have us believe that the first reading is a primary, naïve, phenomenal reading which we will only, afterwards, have to "explicate," to intellectualize (as if there were a beginning of reading, as if everything were not already read: there is no first reading, even if the text is concerned to give us that illusion by several operations of suspense, artifices more spectacular than persuasive); rereading is no longer consumption, but play (that play which is the return of the different).

I, too, feel the need to reread the books I have already read,but at every rereading I seem to be reading a new book, for the first time. Is it I who keep changing and seeing new things of which I was not previously aware? Or is reading a construction that assumes form, assembling a great number of variables, and therefore something that cannot be repeated twice according to the same pattern? Every time I seek to relive the emotion of a previous reading, I experience different and unexpected impressions, and do not find again those of before. At certain moments it seems to me that between one reading and the next there is a progression: in the sense, for example, of penetrating further into the spirit of the text, or of increasing my critical detachment. At other moments, on the contrary, I seem to retain the memory of the readings of a single book one next to another, enthusiastic or cold or hostile, scattered in time without a perspective, without a thread that ties them together. The conclusion I have reached is that reading is an operation without object; or that its true object is itself. The book is an accessory aid, or even a pretext.

Unironically compelling

Couldn't agree more. It's an activity, not a list. I have a list somewhere, too, of stuff and people I want to read. But I just start gathering it and going through biographies and reviews and picturing authors before even reading them. Then I re-read the same authors over and over again. Those are the best authors. I love reading new stuff, but re-reading is usually more rewarding. Timeless.

Usually no more than 2 hours. I can't really handle more. Plus, those 2 hours can usually be expanded into about 4 hours. Here's to Zeno. With reading, there's no rush. Motion doesn't exist?

1-2 hours a day, usually read one fiction and one nonfiction at a time