The Lit Quarterly - Last Thread of Fall 2019

Hey everyone, I'm very proud and excited to announce that I have received the quarterly from the printers. I have FIFTY (50) copies only and 28 have already been requested. If you want one of the last 20 copies (I'm saving one for myself and one for the guy who did the cover), email request and mailing address to [email protected]. If I run out of hard copies, I am willing to send you a PDF in about two weeks' time for your reading pleasure. If you contributed to this edition and have NOT provided a mailing address, please check your email and provide one or request a PDF copy.

Accepting contributions for Winter 2019 edition. Short fiction, poetry, essays. Feedback and criticism of the current edition is welcome at the same email address. Thanks for your interest and support!

Pic related. (Please note the quarterly is only 27 pages thick. This picture is a bit misleading).

Attached: litquart7.jpg (1152x864, 527K)

Wow, you weren't fucking around. Good job, user.

Thanks. It was a lot of fun. Already looking forward to the next edition!

Which printing service did you use and why didn't you make it available on demand through Amazon or something.

>for a split second thought the second name under FEATURING was ISAAC CUMDICK

disappointed

I'll be selling on Amazon next time around. For this edition, I had too tight a time frame to bring it together before I left the country for three months. Didn't arrange an ISBN, didn't get formal releases/permission forms from the contributors...all these things are required to ship with amazon that I didn't realize until it was too late to obtain them.
It's just a local book printer from my city.

>LIT
>not Yea Forums
y?

Legal and social reasons. The quarterly in question has no association with Yea Forums.org, its boards, parent companies, or affiliates.

fair enough
good job actually doing something instead of just talking about it

I remember you guys making the discord and it's cool to see how you guys persevered and stayed so organized. I'll definitely buy when u get it on amazon, user. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute in the future as well.

Thanks! It was more fun than anything.
I wasn't ever on discord. But there was another guy putting a magazine together but he's doing it legitimate, last I heard.

can I submit something even if everytime I post my work on Yea Forums people say its shit?

Sent ;)

My bad lol. But still I applaud the work. How were you guys able to make it work? Looks like it's require a lot of communication and organization.

Do you guys accept translations of older foreign works?

Post pictures of the inside, faggot.

I set up a new email address. I made a thread every 3-6 weeks since May asking for contributors. I kept a list of all the contributors and the status of their submission. When someone contributed something, I gave them feedback. We had a discussion, a few revisions, edited for grammar, etc. A couple contributors helped with some of the editing too. The only works that were rejected were ones that didn't respond or decided to submit later. I asked my brother's friend to design a cover, his other friend formatted the text for me from Word files, and last month I sent all the files to a printer who printed it for me.
I think I would accept that, as long as there aren't any copyright issues. This is an amateur operation and I don't have a budget for legal. If YOU have a right to translate the work, then I can get YOUR permission to print it, I suppose.
It's just plain text inside. You want the table of contents?

>You want the table of contents?

Please. Will be interested in obtaining a copy or pdf at some point too. I'm in publishing and like this idea.

Attached: litquart8.png (1150x863, 1.61M)

Bump for the after work crowd.

Yes, of course. Part of the process of being printed is accepting criticism, revising your work, and discussing it. I encourage submissions from all skill and experience levels.

Nice to see you put all these pieces and processes in place

Neat!

It would have been much better if this was the case.

Who went and deleted posts? Anyway, I have like ten copies left. First edition, no charge.

I know literature mags sometimes have art in them, will you take art submissions?

Pinecone is better

Looks like you are lacking an essay section. I've been writing some notes for an essay on epigraphs, I think I might actually get my ass to write it and send it your way.

What's the price again? Also, do you ship overseas (Europe)?

Yea you could leave open a section for the best submitted text for the quarter. Still with their name as reference.

>Abbey
>Campos
>Santorelli
>Joaquin
>Maurao

Attached: 0ed.jpg (982x614, 55K)

user what's actually the content? I could be interested but I mean what are the sections. Is it this years writers separated into fiction and non-fiction? Or is it just an array of collected writings from any point in history obscure or not that you find worthy of publishing which you then of course separate into sections? Do you write any part of it? Any occasional essay or idea you've been thinking on? Or even the occasional review? Considering you call it quarterly how often is it published? Also the cover is nice but I feel it could look better.

I hope this pamphlet shall be on a way of continual improvement and development meaning by necessity its regularity and success of production. A development not of itself alone but also of yourself - as any good project does.

Attached: Stitching the Standard - Edmund Leighton.jpg (1792x4000, 2.87M)

I received a couple essay submissions, but they weren't completed in time and will be in the second edition. Was going to submit an essay of my own but, similarly, didn't revise it in time. I am happy to receive more essay submissions.
Yeah, I was going to have a Featured essay or short story mentioned prominently on the cover but because I had to get the cover designed much earlier, I didn't know which works would be completed in time.
This edition contains 9 poems and 6 works of short fiction. They are arranged in a more-or-less random order, except that I put my favourite poetry submission last. Since this was very experimental for me, I didn't have a theme for the issue. I don't receive enough submissions to be able to have a strict theme. I contributed one short story, yes. In future editions, I plan to do the same. In early threads, I solicited literary criticism/reviews but didn't receive any. It is going to be published quarterly. Next edition in December.
>I hope this pamphlet shall [continually improve].
Thanks, I believe it will. Some things the next edition will have that this one lacked:
-proper permissions from each author
-ISBN code so that I can sell/distribute on amazon.
-essays

>is it this years writers separated into fiction and non-fiction?
user published work that other anons submitted to him this year.

This first edition, no payment required. I'm asking for a $10 donation to help with shipping. But it's not required. Shoot me an email and I'll send you one when I land in Europe.

Hey, good idea! That is something I can think about integrating.

That's a nice looking cover and I wish you luck.

Good shit. If you ever wanna send these to Australia I’ll hit you up.

Nice. I might be interested in a pdf.

Good job user! Will buy next one from amazon

Do you need somewhere to host the digital editions ?

He should also take meme submissions. That would be pretty cool to have a literary meme section. OC only of course.

Please no.

Why not? It would be like the comic book section in a newspaper

That might be something to increase access. I'm personally averse to technology, so I've always preferred hard copy, but somewhere where I can share it easier would be nice.

Hosting a website is cheap and you get your own [email protected] email adress when you have a website.
Makes it look a little more professional.
A lot of hosters have one click installs for website packages to make it easy for people.

That sounds promising!

Great work user
I have to admit I had my doubts but this is just amazing.

I really want to participate if art submissions will be a thing, it'd be fun to draw things related to the previous issue.

Sure. Shoot me an email and we can discuss. What are you thinking: stand alone art works or little sketches to decorate the pages throughout?

Don't forget to post here when the pdf is ready, I would love to read it

this

Same. Can we get another picture of the inside OP?

Use a tripcode my guy it gets confusing reading your posts

>mfw my submission is shit and anons will rail on it in upcoming thread
Bracing

Attached: 2222.jpg (713x489, 45K)

hey user what was your accept rate?

pls, no rupi kaur shit

Sketches hadn't crossed my mind, they may be more feasible than anything with color. I'd be open to trying both, and I'm sure others would be. I'll send an email soon.

After edits/revisions, probably 80%. I didn't turn anyone down who continually worked on their submission and accepted feedback.

Props for submitting though, no shame in putting your work out there

Looks legit impressive, looking forward to reading my copy!

Will probably rework something old to submit, I'd like to be a part of this

Honestly, this is one of the most impressive things I’ve seen around here since I first started using the board in 2011.

There were many aborted plans of launching magazines, and to my mind the Tundra book was just taking shot-posting way to serious. But this thing in the OP is on another level.

I will try to buy the publications, and maybe contribute with what I have.

Congratulations to all people involved. Not only for the results, but above all for your willpower and confidence. Nice to see we have people like you here.

Nice job! Do you accept submissions in other languages than english?

Unfortunately, probably not. I don't know any other language except a bit of French. But if you write in English too, I'm happy to read and provide feedback.
Look forward to your submissions. Hoping to have them in by the end of October to give time for edited and formatting.
Thanks!

Are there still copies available?

At 14:09 Mountain time, there are 6 hard copies left. I'll share the PDF upon request one week from today.

How do I get in on that PDF?

shoot me an email and I'll send it to you in a week or so.