Why does every country's literature address universal themes EXCEPT American literature...

Why does every country's literature address universal themes EXCEPT American literature, which is all about eating corn on the cob, accidentally killing one of your family's slave boys, or your fat retarded hick friend raping your female childhood friend by the river?

And then Americans circlejerk this shit and pretend that it measures up to other countries' lit. MUH FAULKNER. MUH TWAIN.

Attached: images.jpg (229x220, 6K)

Read "The Closing of the American Mind". Americans don't have a living connection with the European tradition that they stem from. It's a broken culture that takes ideas second-hand from Europe but can only interpret those ideas in some kind of culturally self-referential manner.

IDk i think Moby Dick has some nice universal themes to it.
Great Gatsby is brief but dissects the nature of idealism well

This.
Once again frog posters are shit eating trolls or genuine imbeciles

dilate you stupid amerifat 50 year-old menopausal lesbian tranny cunt

She's no lesbian :3

Read this you danish rape babby

Read The Great Gatsby and try again, faggot.

formidable mediocrities

Forgot pic
How embarrassing

Attached: ADD0463B-C32C-4C26-8F3C-39A379A8795F.jpg (200x287, 22K)

Stay mad eurodog

Attached: D21E007C-2264-4839-9051-F91F1C8D1D9B.jpg (663x666, 156K)

...addressing universal themes in modern contexts. Your thesis is wrong.

I’ll go with imbecile
>implying Faulkner disintegrated embody universal themes through the body of his work

It’s like saying Dostoevsky didn’t describe human behaviour because he specifically hinted towards Christianity.
>NO YOU CANT TIE THINGS TOGETHER ITS IMPOSSIBLE

Kill yourself frogposter

damn bro that was fucking annihilating

i'm glad i'm not that poor fucker, i would've cut my internet cable

this this this this this this is American Literature!

No one on this board has read over two dozen novels.

This guy gets it.

Americans don't have any souls. Their values are either self-contradictory or illusory. They don't have a history of valuemaking so the furthest they can reach is laughably non-substantial nature worship, tedious social realism without any real commentary, 40 year old men running out on their families as a means of addressing individualism, and then postmodernist destruction of the literary tradition.

It's a vapid culture.

Are all Europeans this dumb or is it only the dumbest of the dumb that say things like this?

I agree. Faulkner is particularly bad when it comes to this. Wrote a book that deals heavily with the problems of a literal mutt.

Entire thread is a euro-troll shitpost.

Is there anything more irritating than American Exceptionalism?

Attached: brace yourselves.gif (375x221, 3.96M)

>A tripfag insulting frogposters

Attached: squidward.jpg (1024x768, 109K)