You are born into this world a blank slate...

You are born into this world a blank slate. "Your" idenity is a result of circumstances and experiences you have no control over. So really you have no free will as every descision "you" make is a descision made by this "fake" consciousness.

Can you prove me wrong? Any books that can?

Attached: 15556168992050.jpg (2048x1558, 598K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabula_rasa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Aquinas, but he got btfo'd by Spinoza, so take it as you will.

>You are born into this world a blank slate.
Wrong!

explain

Existence precedes essence my nigga

even Chomsky could prove that wrong

Read the googly eyed frenchman aka Sartre

Read up about genetic determinism and Kantian categories or Chomsky's innate grammar.
It might be true that people are born knowing nothing specific about the world, but they've got something that somehow molds the way they think and act that probably comes from their genes or their parents or something like that.
The fact that this statement even allows for essence to be thought of as separate from existence is so fucking dumb and Aristotelian.

t. niggers-are-born-rapists-and-thieves-user

Faggot.

sure free will is an illusion but so what. you still need to act as if its real and exert your will in order to get shit done

I'm not saying that certain people are more prone to committing crime, but I do believe that there is something fundamentally different between the way a computer works and a human brain works. We avoid things that are painful and look for things that are pleasant.
I believe that mental conditions like ADHD or Down's syndrome are caused by genetic factors, not too differently from hair color or earwax type. Even if we don't assume that some people are more prone to violence than others, we could pobably agree that some people are more likely to strongly react to pain, or not as likely to put up with tasks that require lots of continuous mental effort.

I think he's including knowledge that is a priori in the that blank slate. I mean, if everyone is born with this knowledge wouldn't that mean that everyone(that wasn't born with brain damage) was starting at the same spot(aka. being born a blank slate)?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabula_rasa
Literally wikipedia can. I don't understand why you people bother coming here and asking questions you could answer simply by asking google. Were you raised playing angry birds with a fucking iPad and watching videos on youtube? Internet is full of useful information, you know? You just have to ask. If you are in any way interested in an argument or a philosophical question, there are a lot of public, free resources that could give you way better, more articulated and understandable answers than people in here. You should post if you have an opinion you want to share or something you want to discuss on books, not if you just sit numb at your computer for hours and then feel like spouting out whatever random thought about life you have. Commit to researching and answering your questions, if they are important. Or maybe go out for a walk and think, and if you can walk to the library and read a book every once in a while.

If you've read Sartre, you'd know that he accounts for uncontrollable circumstances.

Then why do we recognize actions as mistakes and take effort to correct or revert these actions.

In other words, why do we feel guilt?

Twin studies show you are not a blank slate. Stop pushing this retarded meme that lingers like a cancer on psychology and sociology.

>doesn't include Jung's collective unconscious in his list

Attached: 1555195504559.png (500x775, 48K)

No, you are born an iridescent slate.

>You are born into this world a blank slate.
Wrong.
>No control Over
Wrong.
>No Free Will
Wrong.

Attached: IMG_1312.gif (220x165, 76K)

Okay okay you can now stop pretending to be retarded and give a real answer

Twin Studies
Adoption Studies
Few weeks, to few months, old gender/sex interests studies on babies.
Sociobiology.
The persistence of human behavior globally throughout history; Human Universals (supra-cultural behavior).
Race and IQ (related to adoption stidies); Whites and and East Asians who are minorities prosper, African and Arab minorities don't (globally).
The fact that we have two legs, two eyes, are around 175 cm tall, etc—our anatomy—by themselves force a predestined limitation of possible perspectives.
Ethnic Nepotism and Genetic Interest.
Instinct.
>The Social Construction of What
>The Righteous Mind
>Dancing In the Streets
>Descartes' Error
>Blueprint: How DNA Makes Us Who We Are
>Moral Origins
>Darwinian Fairytales
>Wired For Culture
>The Myth of Primitivism
>The Enigma of Reason
>The Evolution of Cooperation
>The Master and His Emissary
>Sex, Evolution, and Behavior
>The Geography of Thought
>Why We Believe What We Believe
>The Neuroscience of Intelligence
>The Professor in the Cage
>Behavioral Genetics
>Biohistory
>Understanding Human History
>A Farewell to Alms
>Faces in a Cloud
>Homo Ludens

For each of these book you can find two more writing about the same thing proving similar points.
It's so fucking extensive that to believe in Tabula Rasa is absurd, although the Irony is you're probably Predisposed to believe in it.

Attached: 1565394007521.jpg (640x556, 209K)

Just look at a bird
We are different
What makes me different from a bird?
Genetics, which determine our physiologies
Thought is just physiology
Thus, because birds exist, we aren't blank slates

>t. manlet