The title of this literally sounds like me. Is this an incel doomer novel?

The title of this literally sounds like me. Is this an incel doomer novel?

Attached: 9780679767879_p0_v2_s1200x630.jpg (404x630, 51K)

Yes, it's a based wokecringe post-epic meta-yikes dilate incel doomer/boomer hybrid with cumbrain characteristics. You should hold it in your chapped hands and behold it peripherally while reading tweets.

Doesn't matter, you won't read it anyways

Ulrich is a chad actually from what I remember. Not incel but incest

Nah he slay mad puss

Moosbruger is the true hero and Chad of the novel

dishonest title

yeah pretty fucking misleading

Waste of time. Maybe there was an arc, but never been more bored after 200 pages.

This. The book sucks.

It's only the translation that is dishonest

>Hello, it is I, Ulrich.
>How do you do, fellow mathematicians?

How would you respond?

Attached: m9jb16j4em1qlapqpo1_12801.jpg (1050x1414, 296K)

Musil is 2 smart

There's a reason heidigger quoted him. Guy sees and senses everything hidden behind the physical veil. To top it off he was a whiz at math which he incorporates into his novels.

Do recommend starting with confusions of young torless first, it's like his equivalent of portrait of a young artist but with homosex lust and existential crisis rampant, can't forget the fascist undertones and xenophobia/racism that the germans had for all the lesser races.

Just like Stoner

Yes Torless is an amazing novel

Cringe

This. Eigenschaften mean characteristics. Qualities has a positive connotation making it sound like only good characteristics are lacking.

'Qualities' doesn't have a positive connotation though, unless you're a retard I guess. But then you wouldn't be reading something like this to begin with.

not at all. I'm reading it right now and have no idea what's happening but it's definitely not an incel doomer novel.

You obviously did not have a quality education

I had to say it doesn't 'necessarily' have a positive connotation I guess - especially the plural form, as seen in the fact your hilarious reply doesn't actually use the plural.

That's why I said connotation, not meaning. It can be meant neutrally but it has positive connotations based on it closeness to the word quality.

I'm not sure that's a valid way of conferring a connotation in this specific case. Which is why I said 'unless you're a retard' originally. Because it only works by a 'false' equivalence (between quality and qualities). All you gotta do is rework the joke to include the plural, to see how it doesn't have any positive connotation, not even based on its relation to 'quality'. 'Your education obviously did not have qualities'. You know what I mean? Otherwise, couldn't you claim that 'hoarse' has equestrian connotations based on semantic proximity? I'm no linguist though, so idk I guess. The long and short of it is that I think the translated title is fine lol

That's exactly what a connotation is though; a feeling or idea expressed by a word beyond its literal meaning.

Also "qualities" is mostly used in a positive sense. You hear about leadership qualities or qualities of highly successful people. But you rarely hear someone list the qualities of a psychopath or qualities of a murderer (although it would be proper usage) . In negative senses people usually use "traits" or "characteristics".

Well yeah if you add 'leadership' in front of qualities it becomes positive. But that's cos you're adding something completely separate. In general though I just don't think anyone would read the title and think 'Oh the man only lacks positive characteristics, but still has negative ones', just cos of the fact it's plural and the context as well I guess. Again you might as well say that 'contents' has positive connotations because of its similarity to 'content', or any other word like that, where the plural is sort of a different meaning. I'm pretty sure I mostly hear 'qualities' used in technical/scientific contexts also. But I ain't gonna argue it any more though, agree to disagree lol.

>I possess the qualities the title of this book evokes
>The man without qualities

Attached: v49wsjf5rtg01u4123g.jpg (552x414, 46K)

>tfw no neurotic nietzschean clarisse gf