What are some unsolved philosophical problems?

What are some unsolved philosophical problems?

From the top of my head, all I can think of is the problem of suicide

Attached: nice-guy.jpg (600x317, 30K)

scientific determinism VS free will

Your moms fat ass

How so?

Why don’t you tell us what philosophical problems have actually been “solved.”

Science solved most of the problems in philosophy, as far as I'm aware of, such as origin of the universe, god, free will, morality.

all of them? No one has even disproven solipsism yet.

science makes toys. It is absolutely silent in matters of value.

>science makes toys. It is absolutely silent in matters of value.
Wrong.

>science has solved the origin of free will

no u

>Science solved most of the problems in philosophy, as far as I'm aware of, such as origin of the universe, god,
Okaypilled
>free will, morality.
Incredibly cringe and bluepilled.

weak bait 3/10

Attached: smug-widowmaker-58a09334e72e9.png (605x519, 487K)

yeah but solipism clearly isn't true

whoa, did this guy just disprove solipsism?

how do i know Yea Forums isn't just an ai that spits out posts it knows will attract my attention

It got 4 replies already. Quite decent for a one-liner bait.

>science makes toys
>*takes life saving medication*

who says toys can't save lives?

Consciousness

>suicide

It's because you're on Yea Forums /lit.

>dies anyway

Birth, aging, death is a one way ticket

The JQ

Fuck is that an annoying pop-sci thought. I find that to be a valueless question to ask from the philosophical point of view. We have no choice but to feel like we have free will, Even if you where given the opposite answer you'd still feel the exact same as you do now. There is nothing to be gained in trying to answer that question semantically. We need hard science for a question like that and the science seems to point at us having no real freedom. We feel ourselves think. The act of thinking is as much a sensual feeling just as taste or touch, it is the feeling of neurons getting stimulated. In the same way you can't control the taste of an apple or banana or how you see the color blue, you can't really control what your next thought is going to be because it's literally the feeling of the structure of your brain being changed by its environment. It's not like these neurons get stimulated out of nowhere by some hidden 'you' behind the scenes.

Non of that changes the fact that you're going to feel like there is still a 'you' behind the scenes.

Attached: 1539145746614.jpg (778x767, 41K)

Philosophical problems are solved once they are sufficiently formulated such that science can address them.

What is being?
What is consciousness?
Why does the universe exist?
If there is a God, what is our purpose?
What is considered sufficient reason?
What is morality?

>origin of the universe, god, free will, morality
What? Where?

suicide is a blessing

>Science solving anything at all

So, weak compatibilism?

All philosophy is solved already, what remains is to find a scientific way to communicate it

>I find that to be a valueless question to ask from the philosophical point of view.
>There is nothing to be gained in trying to answer that question semantically.
One can argue that truth and knowledge have value on their own.