Let's have a Dune thread my dudes

Let's have a Dune thread my dudes.

Attached: file.png (349x524, 332K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DW3pZjmS3rg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>genre fiction
cringe and have sex

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 12K)

Not OP but sex is cringe.

not a lot to talk about. we can make fun of journalists trying to cancel it because it's mysoginistic and missing the point entirely. We can talk about the upcoimng movie and how it will be an overlooked flop because scifi capeshit is what people want. We can talk about how forgettable Herberts's son's continuation is forgettable. How the last three books are unnecessary. Or our personal experience with the series. I read the first two freshmen year of highschool and it made me appreciate good scifi.

did you just say that God-Emperor of Dune is unnecessary

Just finished reading the first book, fucking based.
Going to continue reading it, Bene Gesserit BTFO by Paul

I have sex all the time and can confirm this

This is true
>t. sex haver

Calm your tits. Yes unnecessary. The series could have ended on Children. Not to say it was bad. It's excellent.

Not if the chick goes on top.

Children is the low point of the series and only worth reading to set up some plot points in God Emperor.

lol

I haven't read the appendix in the end of 1st dune book. How important is it for the next book?

My Little Yea Forums Can't Be This Retarded!

>implying God Emperor anything more than a 600-page setup of plot points for the later books

Put it this way: how important is your appendix to you?

God Emperor is the thematic centerpoint of the entire series. The rest of the series exists to support it, not the other way around.
It's not but you should read it anyway just for the
>SPACE TRAVEL!

so it doesn't matter for the next book?
I will read it eventually, I just to read the second book immediately

oh thanks I will read it
youtube.com/watch?v=DW3pZjmS3rg

Attached: 9c3b1d432f99ddc88c16b5595bc8369e.1000x563x1.jpg (1000x563, 42K)

This but only if she has large tits that smack you in the face

It is like that retroactively. He kept going because it was popular and a source of income. The series could have ended with COD andit would have been perfect. It actually retreads themes form the previous books.

>cancel it because it's mysoginistic

> bene gesserit are always right
> books are less about the Atreides and entirely about the Bene Gesserit by book 6

You forgot about fremen women being described as strong as men and Leto ll having an army of butch femoids

Yes I know, I mentioned they missed the point. Guess I didnt phrase it right.

I've only read the first book. Are the rest of Frank's Dunes good, or is one of those "just pretend there is only one book" kind of deals?

bump because I'm still reading it

>bene gesserit are always right
They were wrong about Paul and end up getting humiliated by both him and his descendants on multiple occasions.
Read the first four books.

Is there any point to reading past the god emperor? I started the next book, got hit in the face by more of his fetishes right off the bat and dropped it right then and there. I just don't see how anything from there on could measure up to the god emperor, not that I think it's perfect.

I like all six and consider book four the best.

Opinions vary and there's no definite consensus even among Dune fans, which is interesting in itself.

Is Dune philosophical fiction?

>Is there any point to reading past the god emperor?
Not really

All you're missing in book 5 is a schismatic faction of Bene Gesserit learns how to mindbreak men with sex, and then Duncan Idaho #10001 goes godmode and learns how to mindbreak those same whores with sex.

Attached: 1547384179039.jpg (1081x2839, 1.04M)

That does seem like an interesting premise.

Anyone else had a really roughly time imagining the geography as it's described in the book?
Maybe I just have very poor spatial awareness I guess. That happens with a lot of books that go on detail about those things.

Some are good some really aren't.
>God Emperor is the thematic centerpoint of the entire series. The rest of the series exists to support it, not the other way around.
Finally someone with a clue.
>bene gesserit are always right
Their millennia old masterplan rested upon thousands and thousands of women doing exactly as told despite their emotional preferences. They did nothing right. It's a miracle they got as far as they did. Imagine If they sent a girl to the Harkonnens and she decided to give them only girls bcuz muh feels. Or If anyone of them that they sent to the emperor caused a third of the mess Jessica caused. Everyone would be hyperfucked. The God Emperor Leto II would have ascended the Throne, used his prescience and just said "guess We'll all die lol".

It is one of the high points of the series.

are Frank's son's books any good or should I stop at the 6th one?

Frank's son book are beyond the pale. Avoid anything with the name Dune which hasnt got the name Frank Herbert on it.

who was in the wrong, muad'dib's jihadists or the billions of people they slaughtered?

Muad'Dib.

The house trilogy is decent IF you want to expand on the pre paul imperium and want more inter house intrigue ala GoT.
They keep the lore rape to a tastefull minimum and are entretaining enough.
This is probably because it was Brian's first novel into the dune series and he was testing the waters to see if he could handle it, so he didn't go too far with the retconing and his outlandish ideas

Everything else though, stay the fuck away. The sequels specially will give you cancer.

meant to reply to

Paul wanted to stop but just didn't find the way to do so. He tried to escape the myth built around him and failed

Because he was a coward too scared to adhere to the Golden Path.

This is what I couldn't understand. Why didn't he do it and left that to his children?

but the universe deserved the jihad

Not many people would have the mental fortitude to tyrannically control a galactic empire for thousands of years while undergoing a metamorphosis into a giant worm.