Christianity

Is Christ, Logos and Son of God synonymous and interchangeable terms or am i missing something here?

t. Hindu

Attached: 8f409f10cc0f0ae6ca00018870018874.png (473x385, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ZVuB8Ej_Oc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_teaching_regarding_the_Filioque#John_Damascus
youtube.com/watch?v=09Sl5K-pgzE
youtu.be/E4XBKTK5crM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>that diagram
mfw

>Is Christ, Logos and Son of God synonymous and interchangeable terms or am i missing something here?

Christ means messiah. Christ refers to the human incarnation of the Son/Logos.
God is a trinity. God is one WHAT (one nature/essence) in three Whos (the Father, the Son (logos), the Holy Spirit).

Attached: D7O4nT4X4AE2Nje.jpg (1200x1200, 141K)

Stick to Hinduism, Christianity is trash

Even Ken Wheeler knows about consubstansality.

What is the fundamental change in your pic. Any difference that I find seems to be of unnecessary value.

yes, in terms that they are one , give a more specific question because these are very big therms that can mean allot.
Example Marcus arurelios logos is not the same as Christian logos.

the silly Hierarchy(the father at top) prolly.

Following, then, the holy Fathers, we all unanimously teach that our Lord Jesus Christ is to us One and the same Son, the Self-same Perfect in Godhead, the Self-same Perfect in Manhood; truly God and truly Man; the Self-same of a rational soul and body; co-essential with the Father according to the Godhead, the Self-same co-essential with us according to the Manhood; like us in all things, sin apart; before the ages begotten of the Father as to the Godhead, but in the last days, the Self-same, for us and for our salvation (born) of Mary the Virgin Theotokos as to the Manhood; One and the Same Christ, Son, Lord, Only-begotten; acknowledged in Two Natures unconfusedly, unchangeably, indivisibly, inseparably; the difference of the Natures being in no way removed because of the Union, but rather the properties of each Nature being preserved, and (both) concurring into One Person and One Hypostasis; not as though He were parted or divided into Two Persons, but One and the Self-same Son and Only-begotten God, Word, Lord, Jesus Christ; even as from the beginning the prophets have taught concerning Him, and as the Lord Jesus Christ Himself hath taught us, and as the Symbol of the Fathers hath handed down to us.

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of Heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Only-begotten, begotten of the Father before all ages; Light of Light: true God of true God; begotten, not made; of one essence with the Father, by Whom all things were made; Who for us men, and for our salvation, came down from the heavens, and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, and became man; And was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate, and suffered, and was buried; And arose again on the third day according to the Scriptures; And ascended into the heavens, and sitteth at the right hand of the Father; And shall come again, with glory, to judge both the living and the dead; Whose kingdom shall have no end. And in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the Giver of Life; Who proceedeth from the Father; Who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; Who spake by the prophets. In One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. I confess one baptism for the remission of sins. I look for the resurrection of the dead, And the life of the age to come. Amen.

Lmao

This

>everything is dream
why even bother

The change in my pic preserves the identity of the 3 persons of the trinity and the uniqueness and monarchy of the Father. youtube.com/watch?v=2ZVuB8Ej_Oc

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_teaching_regarding_the_Filioque#John_Damascus

oops wrong video ^

youtube.com/watch?v=09Sl5K-pgzE

Why do you say so?

>the Engl*sh translation omitting stuff like deum de deo.
Unaesthetic and cringe.

As in, is it correct to address The Son of God and Logos within the same context of the meaning of Messiah? For example saying that the Son of God is pre-existent and begotten by God instead of using the term Logos?

Or like in this case the Messiah is just a title?

That's what I meant, it doesn't seem to cover all that much difference. It just simply parallels the family model.

P.S Augustinian Shield is also a flawed analogy of the Trinity, since it's heretical to say that the "Son is not the father" in such an abrupt way, while it isn't entirely wrong, it is literally-wrong.

youtu.be/E4XBKTK5crM

oh kek okay.

You do realize the Latin is also a translation? And very revised.

>As in, is it correct to address The Son of God and Logos within the same context of the meaning of Messiah? For example saying that the Son of God is pre-existent and begotten by God instead of using the term Logos?
the Son pre-exists creation, yes, he has always been the Logos aka the Word of God aka the Son of the Father and second person of the trinity.
The Logos is the person that incarnated and walked on earth, Jesus Christ. That's what we believe.

>Logic or λόγος is the within the works of the Philokalia designated as the second person of the Trinity Jesus Christ. Expressed as intellect, wisdom and the Providence of God in whom all things are created. Logos as the ground, of the existence of being (I am Being), this as the unitary Universal or cosmic principle. Within the Logos is many logoi or inner essences as thoughts of God. By this logic or reason all things come into existence at the times and places in their proper form as is proper to their reason or meaning for being. Each being has within it the logoi as the principle of its own development. By these logoi each within the realm of being (the Logos) manifest in the forms of the created cosmos or Universe. This manifestation that constitue the first stage of theoria or contemplation.

All of creation was incarnated by the Logos before the Fall. And in the incarnation The Logos doesn't just become man but all creation is restored.
It's a restoration.

> And in the incarnation The Logos doesn't just become man but all creation is restored.
I think we would say all creation is "being" restored by His incarnation, teachings and works. But the work is not finished yet.

>All of creation was incarnated by the Logos before the Fall.
the world was created by the Father through the Logos, but Logos didn't subsume the world as part of his identity, creation didn't become one in the Trinity. So I wouldn't use the word incarnation prior to the actual incarnation.