532 pages into it, when the FUCK does it get good? I fucking swear this is the LAST 1000+ page book I fucking read

532 pages into it, when the FUCK does it get good? I fucking swear this is the LAST 1000+ page book I fucking read.

Attached: A1aDb5U5myL.jpg (1697x2560, 1.02M)

Brainlet

I'm reading anna k and that shit got good within the first chapter, don't scare me

If you aren't completely hooked after the battle of schöngrabern and Andrejs storyline during and after Austerlitz this book is not for you.

It gets good when you do

my favorite parts were the Rostov kids hanging about growing up, though Andrei's arc was also very compelling

Whew.... you were tricked.

Prince Pyotr "Pierre" Kirillovich Bezukhov and Countess Natalya Ilyinichna "Natasha" Rostova are the biggest piece of shit in fictional epics, only surpassed by Marius Pontmercy of Les Miserables. And that's a fucking feat in itself when you have such bastards and bitches as Count Nikolai Ilyich Rostov, Fyodor Ivanovich Dolokhov, and The Kuragins competing with them. The only redeeming character, Prince Andrei Nikolayevich Bolkonsky, well, I won't spoil it for you, but let's just say that if you're a man, a person of morals, or an optimist, you will be bitterly disappointed, appalled, and consumed with a fury unbeknownst to yourself due to his fate. Enjoy.
All in all, you will hate this book by the time you are done with it.

>Bohoo the main characters are human beings with faults
>Wäääh one of characters deaths upsets my morale

Natasha was just a dumb girl, if you think 16 year old girls are capable of resisting Anatols then you dont understand them at all. Andrei was redeemed per Tolstoy's christian views of 'love even your enemy', which he explicitly stated was the central point of Christianity in his essay on the topic.

Pierre was not a very realistic character, but he functioned as a thematic vessel.

Attached: Gazing at weak willed fags.jpg (780x1074, 384K)

Why do you keep making this thread?

>532 pages into it, when the FUCK does it get good

532 pages ago

it is worth reading this book in original russian?

>P&V

whats wrong with them? I know they dont translate close to the metal but at least its readable for modern audiences.

>the characters aren’t perfect
>this the book is bad
So do you exclusively read fanfic written by teenage girls about their Mary Sue self inserts?

>I know they dont translate close to the metal
That's exactly what people complain about them doing.

>P&V
OHNONONONONO HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>they dont translate close to the metal
they do, actually
anyway, read the dunnigan translation

>when the books don't align with your affective/sexual obessions

You can always read that other Tolstoy.

Attached: road-to-calvary-sisters.jpg (550x336, 35K)

Attached: Projecting.png (490x332, 340K)