Redpill me on ego death

I've always wondered what ego death actually was because I'm an absolute retard and refuse to "lurk moar"

Attached: 222.png (397x386, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

realization.org/p/ashtavakra-gita/richards.ashtavakra-gita/richards.ashtavakra-gita.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you're going to get 20 different answers

theres no such thing. you can forget who & what you are on certain drugs but thats it

guh, it's like having no mind, just being like a machine or animal or something, i bet

try lsd.

here you go OP

realization.org/p/ashtavakra-gita/richards.ashtavakra-gita/richards.ashtavakra-gita.html

Is it normal to experience this from weed? It was terrifying, and I never want to feel it again

No, you were just paranoid

is ego death when you lose your sense of self and merge into the suprapersonal?

It's pure perception, but not really a state you can maintain for long. It's a very useful tool to change your perspective on many things, but shouldn't be an end in itself.

>The cause of your bondage is that you are still resorting to stilling the mind.
I don't get it

just intuit bro

Imagine that the software in your brain that is responsible for you feeling like a complete person shutting down. It's one thing to tritely say that you're nothing but masks but it's another to clearly see the hall of mirrors that is your identity. After ego death you'll recognize all kinds of detritus. Ideas and emotions that you felt were an integral part of you suddenly looking quaint and non-essential. You'll understand that at your best you're simply a process

I don’t think I’ve ever had an ego. If enlightenment is the understanding and intuition of the collapse of subject-object duality, I think I’m there. It’s so boring that I turn to other topics, albeit ones with less gravity

The massive systematic anxiety attack is no different from what people experience when they are truly afraid of death (situations where some peoples hair turns white). Such experience often transforms their identity, without drugs.

When you OD on LSD or DMT, you'll experience something close to it, but not quite. It too can be transformative, but instead of vividly internalizing the trauma of natural stimulation, you tie it up with the bullshit you see on LSD. So your reassembled and patched up ego afterwards won't usually be a pretty sight, as now it's wired up towards hallucinated superstition - leaving you half schizophrenic for a while, or even permanently.

Attached: eyy.jpg (692x530, 57K)

It's bipolar people who were socialized on Yea Forums and similar places having their first manic episode and mistaking it for some kind of spiritual revelation, ego death etc.

Cool materialist reading, bro. Didn't you know that all spiritual revelations are just chemicals in the brain?
I've already accounted for the explicitly materialist understanding (brain damage) but it doesn't change the fact that it will give you access to a less constrained version of yourself, or, if you want to be fatalistic about it, an even less socially viable version of yourself.

Also it's a somewhat bug-brained interpretation of social phenomena to talk about this as if only losers on Yea Forums are affected by atomization, isolation and increasing fear. It's a development facilitated by society and it's important to understand why it happens beyond "losers will be losers"

>uses the word "I"
>doesn't think he has an ego

I was mostly generalizing from a first-hand observation I was able to make of one such case three years ago, when a friend of mine, who had always been depressed, experienced "ego death" after reading Plotinus on amphetamines for 16 hours straight and then flew to Myanmar to become a Buddist monk, but returned three weeks later, more depressed than ever. Of course most cases aren't like this one

keep reading it and it will make sense, not every line is going to be a perfect translation

It's the paradox of feeling like for real, 100% you are dying. No joke sound the alarm, the boat is sinking. It's over and you fucked up. But then you come to, and you're back. Ego death explains the reality of the experience which is properly ineffable.

I'm not sure.
This happened the first time I tried mushrooms, life changing.
This has also happened a couple times, also life changing but unique from the later experience. The ego is still there, it's just dispersed.
This also happened the first time I tried dmt, it cured me of my "death drive"(I was seriously considering suicide before)
All three unique experiences.

There's basically no way to truly get it without experiencing it. Furthermore, it varies from person to person.

I haven't experienced it myself. But I have done LSD and just that experience on its own you can't describe accurately in words.

Former

Ego transcendence is more appropriate. In the same way you steer or accelerate a vehicle without focusing on the sensations of your hands on the wheel or foot on a pedal, you are focused on the road and where you're going. The same applies to an integrated personality that has encountered all of its obstacles inhibiting it from getting to where it's going, or crashed it requiring psychological repair.

It's very difficult (if possible at all) to explain a psychoactive drug experience with text.

>Smoke weed while high on shrooms
>Vision becoming increasingly blurry
>Lose my senses one by one
>Impending sense of doom increasing
>Is this how I die?
>Terrible anxiety
>Think: Fuck it, if I'm dying there is no use fighting it
>After accepting death I only remember experiencing different shades of white and pure bliss
>Come back after a couple of minutes, my friend checking in on me as I have apparently collapsed on the ground
>Have to remind myself what I am, who I am and where I am
>After stumbling around laughing at the absurdity of the situation I start to relearn how to walk properly
After coming back to my senses I scoured the web for examples of similar experiences. Found a bunch that described it perfectly. Some calling it ego death, others a panic/anxiety attack or dissociation. Whatever it was, the main thing I took from it was that acceptance of death radically transformed my experience.

Afterwards, I changed my life in many ways for the better and feel like something flipped inside of me. Became seriously interested in spirituality and religion, which I had previosuly regarded as mostly humbug. My parents picked up on it as well, and lots of other people have told me that I seem "indestructible", "always happy", and such - which I never heard before.

Idk senpai, it felt like my soul went to visit God and as it descended back into my body my perspective on life was forever changed for the better. I'm now well on my way to becoming a psychologist.

Attached: 78da47b05327008c121f1e6c624d9281aac211b6ec397f1742e95b7608ffd2fa.jpg (500x628, 105K)

People with DPD often speak in a terrifying way, imho

Ego death is when you become unalienated. Of course this being capitalism, it never lasts very long.

have u done psychadelics user?

I sort of agree with you but harm reduction fanatics will throw tomatoes at me for ideas like this

Bart Marshall translates the same line as

You are now and forever
free, luminous, transparent, still.
The practice of meditation
keeps one in bondage.

Yes, I've done some DMT. But also experienced (natural) near-death situation about a decade before that, hence why I'm making this assertion. The whole thing - seeing things in new light, intense feeling of profundity about everything - all that can happen naturally under right, but dangerous circumstances.

I'm not sure if intense trips leading to ego breakdown can be classified as harm. It's just intense experience, and the real one is arguably far more dangerous than drug induced one. You're unlikely to die on DMT, you may only think so (if the trip is actually bad one), or just meet up with some cozy aliens who freak the shit out of you if it's a trip of the more pleasant variety (but still profoundly disturbing).

Lmao, sounds like a cool guy

If only he had read Guenon first he'd have realized that becoming a Theravada monk was a waste of time and chose something better instead