English bible

What is the best English version of the bible?

Attached: bible.jpg (985x1050, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

biblestudytools.com/genesis/1-1-compare.html
saintnicholasgj.org/home/bible.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

KJV

seconded, KJV is the only acceptable english bible. don't read in english though if you can help it, the closer you get to the source generally the better you are.

Style/Historical Importance : KJV, obviously
Accuracy : Either the Douay-Rheims or the RSV Second Catholic Edition (RSV-2CE).

It's baffling to me that God can't be a He in a lot of newer vesions. How has it come to this?

The LDS KJV.

God is male in every modern translation. Also, the fact that you recommend both Douay-Rheims and RSV-2CE for accuracy shows that you don't understand the textual sources. D-R is only for trad Catholics since it's based on the Latin Vulgate, not the original languages. RSV-2CE is based on critical editions and early manuscripts and is far superior to the D-R.

Are there Christian organizations/charities that will mail me a bible for free if I ask for one?

Damn... You didn't have to do my boy dirty like that.

Yeah, probably. Google it, fag.

fpbp

Just invite them over, user.

Attached: kljsf.jpg (440x280, 30K)

Using BibleStudyTools.com I compared all versions and these four stick out the most after about a dozen verses: ASV, CJB, JUB, YLT

biblestudytools.com/genesis/1-1-compare.html

Gideons, not sure if they send to individuals but you can just tell them you're a church

off-topic but after working sales in a small business, I wondered if I could get away with ordering things wholesale by calling the manufacturer and pretending my address is a storefront. Why NOT buy a pallet of toilet paper, honestly?

The exuberant price
Shipping costs

Wholesale pricing is usually half of MSRP, that's my point. Shipping is cheaper over the long run too.

>shipping a pallet of toilet paper to your home is cheaper in the long run
Fool. You'd get reamed for the weight.

ESV, KJV and NKJV are fine.
Orthodox Study Bible for more footnotes/info.

Try getting an LXX OT instead of the masoretic version.

saintnicholasgj.org/home/bible.html

contracts

>get KJV
>has apocrypha in it

what did king james mean by this?

Attached: chopin.jpg (250x337, 21K)

I'll check those out.

It was already mentioned, but by far my favorite for accuracy and teaching is the RSV-2CE, and I'm Protestant lul