Any good books on Transhumanism, Mind uploading, AI and technological singularity?

Any good books on Transhumanism, Mind uploading, AI and technological singularity?

Also Transhumanism discussion thread

Attached: robot woman.jpg (744x389, 30K)

Attached: 1541652956853.png (500x775, 377K)

dilate. even if the singularity weren't a meme (it is) and even if you lived to see it (you won't), it will never make you a real woman, you foul, filthy, repulsive discord tranny scum

I dont get it

All Watched Over By Machines Of Loving Grace documentation by Curtis.
It's on vimeo or something. Not a book, but a good (very biased, but still) rant over the technocrat enthusiast developments in the 60's to 80's and such. You should educate yourself.

Attached: 4D6OGKVLQQI6PGUYA4KA2LXNAI.jpg (1377x2000, 151K)

See a therapist

The Transhumanist Reader is a good overview of the philosophy and its aspects, but obviously don't expect any decent essay writing from comp sci majors and tech scifi writers

Attached: 1565211605215.jpg (460x381, 42K)

Transhumanism? More like Trashhumanism, because that's where it belongs, in the Trashhumanism

Should we achieve the tech to copy ourselves onto machines/clones, can our """""consciousness""""" be moved out of our original body and into another? Ideally without having to move our physical brain over.

Being able to do that would require that science finally acknowledge psi/paranormal phenomena. Moving one's consciousness is definitely possible, as proven by OBE's. The question is can they be made to inhabit and "posses" a machine, and how to do this?

>acknowledge /x/
Whoa there! cart before the horse much?
I mean, there are several ways we can approach this. One is to say that consciousness (I like to picture it as a stick man made of electricity) is anchored in the brain, and it tries to adapt to interact with whatever body/ies it possesses. Theoretically, if a chip that can interact with the brain is installed, the brain can begin to perceive it as part of its body. If the chip had a function that interacted with and/or augmented higher-level brain functions, and the brain integrates this into its consciousness, it would be seen as part of the brain.

Now, gradually integrating augmentations to the brain, we can perhaps create a fully-functioning secondary brain, a fall-back in the event the original brain is damaged, like a RAID array for you /g/uys out there. Ignoring the potential complications for now (double the input and output into & out of the consciousness for example), were we to slowly, or maybe even immediately, terminate the organic brain, the consciousness, which has spread to encompass both brains, will depart from the original brain & continue to reside in its electronic brain, continuing to function as before (aside from organic growth perhaps).

However, were we to split the two brains, the theoretical results are two-fold: perhaps the consciousness will choose one or the other (probably the original) to remain in, or perhaps the consciousness will have copied itself into both, in which case, will they remain governed by the singular original entity, or will they merely become clones?

He's not the mentally ill one here though Nyx

Disregard anyone who recommends Life 3.0 by that hack Telegram or whatever.
What a fucking bad book.

Good alternatives to Telegram?

Bit of a plod but a must read on the topic.

Attached: Bostrom.jpg (882x1339, 300K)

transhumanism is not inherent to those things NORMIES GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: tumblr_lfa5rolImR1qam0yp.jpg (460x276, 37K)

Reign of Quantity and Signs of the Times, by R.G

No, lesswrong.com or Robert Miles on youtube will serve the same purpose.

I've read most things on lesswrong from Elizer Yudkowsky before I read superintelligence and it didn't give me much new information.

Novacene: The Coming Age of Hyperintelligence

Unironicaly This.

Accelerando by Charles Stross

>Moving one's consciousness is definitely possible, as proven by OBE's
I would need to project my consciousness outside of human experience ot fully comprehend how fucking retarded you are for thinking this

>eerie music plays
>reel of BBC archival footage
>'the promise of machines was great and the early technocrats envisioned a utopia'
>'but'
How accurate was this greentext? I haven't seen it yet.

Attached: 1567183951203.jpg (125x108, 3K)

>""""less""""wrong

Attached: DMvcFbEXkAIk7FW.jpg (750x564, 90K)

B&R post of the day (still young)

These are the retards who think they can dictate terms to a god (superintelligent AI).