Are there any writers who actively hate God; like they believe in him and hate him as well...

Are there any writers who actively hate God; like they believe in him and hate him as well? Why is this such an underrepresented Weltanschuaang?

Attached: 67594123_152838242445886_4288826071946302181_n.jpg (480x480, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CaRlbT2Rjfo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HeqO7ZdH-Q0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because it's the unforgivable sin, retard

Yeah, this pseud

Attached: pjimage.jpg (512x800, 99K)

Surely somebody finds it objectionable that they should have to ask forgiveness of a being who is victimizing them?

Attached: download (1).jpg (242x208, 7K)

it's called 'Misotheism'

literally Prometheus and Atlas. Also you have to realize that many of God’s claim regarding himself are just megalomaniacal boasting e.g. “omniscience” and “omnipotence”, both of which are logically impossible but apparently the Abrahamic god was too brainlet to figure that one out. He’s most likely some sort of malevolent trickster entity. see (hopefully this is the right video, not sure):
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CaRlbT2Rjfo

Attached: D12A549E-55EA-4732-BE51-53BF6050EE64.jpg (880x1360, 206K)

it’s called gnosticism

actually this is the right video i think
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HeqO7ZdH-Q0

Eh, how the metaphisics of most developed monotheistic religions go, if god is neither omnipotent or omnipressent then that entity is not God by definition, only a powerful entity, in that cause, usualy that "trickster" entity is usually refereed to as the devil. Monotheistic God is pretty much equilivent to the Platonic idea of absolute truth. In this veiw, a hate of God (while believing that he exists) is paramount to hating everything, but in that way, your hate was programed to begin with, so your hate is an indignant cry. Think Ahab in Moby dick. He lashes out against the infinite, but by definition, the infinite (or the unknown) is amorphous and unknowable. Therefor hate is petty.

>if god is neither omnipotent or omnipressent then that entity is not God by definition
those kinds of word games are an example of the sort of “psyop” that these religions use. even if you want to posit such a metaphysical entity, it clearly has nothing to do with the entity actually found in the bible who is of a totally different character from the omni-etc deity metaphysics speaks of

Oh also I know about De Sade, but he's just a spoiled Libertine fuckboi. I want to read something by someone who really objects to God's nature but doesn't throw morality entirely out the window because they think its okay to do whatever you feel like all the time.

>those kinds of word games are an example of the sort of “psyop” that these religions use. even if you want to posit such a metaphysical entity, it clearly has nothing to do with the entity actually found in the bible who is of a totally different character from the omni-etc deity metaphysics speaks of
Thats why there are different branches of faith user. I am explaining this through a primarily catholic medium since its a pretty weidly held one. Also I wouldnt call that a word game, its simply how the methodology follows: The prime entity is the one refereed to as God, if that entity is only posing as that, he is not God. I would ask you to read Kirkagaard or Descarte for a more philosophically coherent explanation of the concept (I would say Augustine, but I think you need more background knowledge for that). The Particular God depicted in the bible is often seen as the true metaphysical God simply by the concept of faith, IE a separation from the imperfect physical. Or basicaly that perception is fallible. I Personally do not subscribe to that cause it seems roundabout, but that is how it works in concept.

I’m well aware of theological explanations. I’ve read Augustine, Gregory Palamas, Cyril of Jerusalem, various secondary texts on theology like Feser etc. It precisely is a word game to say “well dats wat God meaaans durr”. If you prefer I will just stop calling him God, and call him Bibleman or something so that you don’t get caught up in semantics. Basically all I’m saying is that Bibleman and God are separate entities, and we should be extremely suspicious of Bibleman as he appears to be a malevolent entity.

>I will just stop calling him God, and call him Bibleman
Ah, ok, I can very much agree with this then. I kinda thought you just meant the concept of God in general, not specifically bibleman.
Personally I wouldnt call the biblical God "Malevolent" per se, just a more nominally polythiest inspired law giver entity from the older Jewish times when they were more into patreon deities and such. Specifically this is in reference to old testament bibleman. Very much somber (some may say a bit petty) doom and gloom law giver sort instead of a metaphysical embodiment. I think there is a transition in thought especially with the new testiments. i think the going explaination for this in religious circles is that the old testament God is simply an interpretation of a higher power to a less developed people who were accustomed, and in need of order. But of course, justification varies between different branches.

>patreon deities
Like Jordan Peterson, bathtub water girl etc

The question is whether you take the Biblical claims seriously or not. I do, which is why I am suspicious of “Bibleman”. If it was just stories made up by Canaanite tribes it would be whatever, but if a substantial portion of that shit actually happened, as well as all the weird miracles involving the apostles, Muhammad etc then we are dealing with a very suspect entity. That mass scale “miracles” are possible was demonstrated already in the modern age with Fatima miracles in Portugal (which are extremely creepy btw).

Edgy Atheism.

Active hatred of God cannot he atheistic.

what about passive hatred?

God is evil because the creation of this world is based on this pure evil concept:

Any living being has an urge to prolong his life and in order to prolong its life it needs to take another life and destroy it. Even the herbivore creatures still destroy a life (a plant in this case) to prolong theirs.

Attached: thingkenofkill.jpg (732x945, 106K)

War is the father of all things, moralfag

Attached: 6FAC9F4D-1F55-4B62-9A73-0351154C73F3.jpg (1900x1564, 1.54M)

Did you even read the post you replied to?

The war of all against all is not evil. Things only come to be through conflict. Would you prefer nothingness?

>The question is whether you take the Biblical claims seriously or not.
Personaly, I dont, but I believe that many devote actualy do. I believe the mindset is that "Miracles" as opposed to magic, are a breaking of the strict dichotomy of the Metaphysical (As distinct from spiritual a la new age) and the physical. Again, im Kierkegaardian in a lot of my personal logic, so these aberations would be classified as part of the "Unkown" or infinite as apposed to our relative perception of the finite. IN this way "bibleman" would be a specific subset of the greater entity of God, weither yo usee that as possibly lucifer esque, or more micheal esque, is an excersise in futility. For me at least, "Bibleman" is a subset of the greater whole.

Any thing that causes harm is evil in human lexicon. You are an absolute retard who doesnt understand the simple meaning of words.

>“omniscience” and “omnipotence”, both of which are logically impossible
curious as to how

They involve a shit ton of paradoxes, just google some basic critiques of it. That’s why like every theologian has their own version of explaining it, they keep trying to fix the holes in the sinking ship of theology but end up making more holes in the process.

>Weltanschuaang
god i hate pseuds

name a better word for it then

how about Weltanschauung

how about “worldview”

now who's the pseud?

worldview is just Weltanshauung literally translated in English

The antagonists in La Bas.

Attached: La Bas Brendan King.jpg (334x522, 37K)

I see no problem using this

how is it pseudo to use a perfectly adequate word in your own language. Especially one that’s so frank.

How do you know?

not that user but Matthew 12:31.

and it's not sin against God, we can't help but sin against God, but specifically blasphemy against the Holy Spirit that is unforgivable.

>like they believe in him and hate him as well? Why is this such an underrepresented
because it's a brainlet position to take. if you hate God and believe he hates you back... you're just a misanthrope who hasn't read enough, you're a character ripe for a redemption arc. interesting, but ultimately wrong.

Attached: apusaint.png (730x800, 158K)

But the entity that Muhammad encountered was a demon, robed in a false light.

Aquinas characterizes misotheism as the greatest possible sin IIRC (though again, IIRC, he also classifies distinct sins as "the greatest possible" or similar); dunno if he expressly states that the sin is unforgivable as-such.

Of course, he was merely writing a work of fiction, but Maldoror is about as explicitly misotheistic a text as I've ever read (though it is ultimately a work of fiction, in which the author may or may not be self-inserting at various points, so the author may have a cop-out there).

t. misotheist. Fuck the holy spirit, Fuck the holy spirit, Fuck the holy spirit.

afaik the blasphemy against the holy spirit, if you look at it contextually, refers to attributing christ's miracles to evil/demonic influences, like the pharisees who said he "cast out devils by the king of devils" or whatever. it's not just saying "yo nigga fuck da holy spirit n shieet".
>Maldoror
sounds interesting, could you give me some idea of what it's about without plot spoilers?

Why is the Bible correct?

If you're a nihilist why waste time out of your life to write such a book?
I agree with your assertions.
The ground being of all reality, God, is suffering, I hate everything and this is of no logical use.
I while away my time with meditation which I consider to be no different than dulling oneself with morphine except healthier, easier to control and allows keeping a clearer head.
But it is still morphine.

because it's the word of God :^)

How do you know that God isn't lying to you?

Like?

because he is the truth [and the way and the life]

it would be paradoxical for the incarnation of truth to lie

Attached: jcdeal.jpg (499x666, 40K)

but it wouldn't be paradoxical for a megalomaniacal supernatural entity to call itself "the Truth" falsely.

How do you know?

A bunch of fallible humans told you?

>How do you know?
because classical and scholastic philosophers confirmed what was revealed by Jesus in the first century: God is the source of and highest good.

>megalomaniacal supernatural entity
gnostics get out

>because classical and scholastic philosophers confirmed what was revealed by Jesus in the first century
Show me this irrefutable evidence, please, I'm in need of enlightenment.

>the bible cant lie because the bible says so
christlogic

Aristotle's ontological proof
Plato's Republic (esp. the theory of forms and spec. the form of the Good)
Plotinus' enneads (this is esp. where the connection of God as illuminator/intelligible-maker crosses into revealed creator)
Aquinas' five ways
Duns Scotus' a treatise on god as first principle
the bible of course

extradimensional beings are real joe rogan. they're called angels. some are fallen. but God is on our side. good luck fren.

Attached: apuAJ.jpg (794x960, 94K)

God is supposedly omnipotent, which makes this whole struggling against da evil powas larp retarded. You've already won before you started.

not just the bible. read plotinus' on beauty, then read john 1.

doubters: there's no shame in being redeemed by his power. if you learn to recognize the grace poured out by God, praise him for it is only right to do so, and live as he commanded you'll not only have solved philosophy you'll also probably win pascal's wager and come to complete reconciliation with everyone who you could not understand in life.

>durrr muh problem of ebil
*sigh*

false. you are alive, and then you die. this is a limited time on earth. your soul continues on, but without a body it cannot act: it cannot repent, it cannot exercise the theological virtues of faith hope and charity. tldr: you are living, and capable of causality -- NOW is the time of your salvation

2Cor 6:2
>For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.

I'm not referring to the problem of evil, more like the non-problem of evil. if God is omnipotent there is zero chance of evil ever winning, it's a rigged game. it's just kind of stupid. i'd rather take the losing side, if anything. there's more glory in a real struggle against insurmountable odds

to continue this thought, because maybe it is not obvious. demons want you to sin. they want you to miss the mark. they want you to not follow Christ, they want you to remain fallen with them. they are angels, remember. spirit.

your time in life is your opportunity to overcome. the battle is absolutely not settled in my life or in yours.

the angels and the demons both work for god. he's playing divide and conquer. it's a massive psyop. he's basically a huge cosmic jew

>if God is omnipotent
he is, but also:

PLOT TWIST

Romans 11:32
For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

well that's dumb

kek that's literally insane. why would you worship such a narcissistic god?

>demons work for God
completely wrong, and I wonder how much of them you've let into your thoughts and your life

they are rebellious angels. they work for the accuser, with whom they share in common the greatest sin of Pride. refusal to obey and praise God, whom it is right to obey and to praise because he is perfect and the source of all goodness and grace and all the blessings of your life (even the difficult ones).

choosing the side you know is the winning one from the get-go is a pussy move brah

>refusal to obey and praise God
why is that so bad, exactly?
>the source of all goodness and grace and all the blessings of your life (even the difficult ones)
sounds like he has a really inflated ego

If I knew for a fact that a sports team would win, why wouldn't I bet on them?

Attached: 1567473836279.png (112x112, 8K)

it's not narcissism, guy. God is perfect, this is known. narcissism is a sin, a symptom of pride. the best I can tell you is your sin, your disobedience, is something that you have been shown (many times) how to overcome.

to make any analogy is a mistake. we are not his pets, we are not his game world NPCs, we are not automatons made only to be destroyed. we are his beloved children, created beings born out of love. accept that if nothing else.

>why is that so bad, exactly?
because it is right to praise him, because God is perfect. think of the most beautiful object you've ever seen. the most beautiful girl. whatever. God is infinitely more beautiful than that.

>sounds like he has a really inflated ego
i'm paraphrasing theology of the catechism here, which is rooted in plato and aristotle. ego is a mortal affliction. God is not mortal, God is transcendent. you can't inspect him with your flimsy psychology tools made for use on mortals.

Maldoror is a prose poem that was written by the "Comte de Lautrémont", the pen name of a young man whose real name was Isidore Lucien Ducasse. It was published during 1868-69. Ducasse was born in Uruguay, and lived his early childhood there, but he was ethnically French—dad was a diplomat on permanent post in Uruguay, and so Ducasse spent his early childhood there. Throughout his adolescense and what little adulthood he experienced, Ducasse bounced back and forth between Montevideo and Paris for school. Ducasse died in Paris in 1870, aged 24.

"Maldoror" is essentially a work of proto-surrealism, told in several (seemingly) disconnected vignettes. As a literary experiment/young man's shitpost, Ducasse was out to write most giga-edgelord, over-the-top blasphemously strange fever dream that he possibly could. The titular character is a figure of extreme evil who mistreats children in various ways at multiple points in the narrative. He also spends a LOT of time railing against god; in some episodes, god himself is shown to commit common, vulgar sins (spoiler withheld).

This isn't as tedious as it might sound at first blush, however. Maldoror also tires of himself at certain points, and commits random acts of kindness just for the hell of it. The point here, it would seem, is that the character yet has some humanity. Furthermore, there is constant imagery of many kinds of animals throughout the work, and the more you read, the more you become aware of the author's fascination with animals generally. I think that if Ducasse had lived, he would have made a very good zoologist: he knew what a tardigrade was, back when possessing such knowledge actually required a little effort, and wasn't the least bit "reddit", as we'd say today in this space. He also mentions certain species that I'd never heard of-doubtless he was aware of some of the fauna due to his life in Uruguay.

The major cultural significance of Maldoror is that it was almost completely lost/forgotten, but it was rediscovered by the Surrealist artists who, likewise, were interested in weird/transgressive literature, during the time of the first world war. Artists like Man Ray and Dali directly incorporated themes of Maldoror into their work. This historical narrative is easy to romanticize (especially around Ducasse's young and historically mysterious death; extremely little is known of him in the historical record apart from the work), but these are the basics.

It's also important to note that before he died, Ducasse was preparing a complementary "work on the good", which would have counter-balanced Maldoror. However, Ducasse died before this could be completed, so he is largely known for his single, major "edgy" creation. We do, however, have the "Poésies", the only other surviving work apart from a few letters. The Poésies are like a sketch for whatever he had in mind: extolling the goodness of god, the soul, and so on—a complete 180 from Maldoror.

Both of my friend's parents died in a murder suicide not long ago. He was raised Christian, and if he believes in a god I can't imagine he thinks very fondly of him anymore.
dumb post

tell your friend his parents were common sinners like anyone else and they both deserve his forgiveness.

>B-b-but that would be r-rebellion Ivan Fyodorovich!

>Shut the fuck up Alyosha you spineless cuck. Your beloved Zosima literally (literally) shat his pants when he died like the bitch he was, and your death, and all of our deaths, shall be no better. Your faith, invariably based on the suffering of others, is puerile, and what is even worse, juvenile. When I was half your age I already came up with the parable of the unbelieving man and surpassed it. The story of the Grand Inquisitor, the fifth chapter of Book V: Pro and Contra of The Brothers Karamazov (TM) by Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoevsky, was no more than an uncompleted and discarded sketch, a thought experiment. There is only one thing to be done: were I to meet our Creator above after my death, I would simply return the ticket.

Who was in the wrong here?

Attached: Vasily_Kachalov_as_Ivan_Karamazov.jpg (315x445, 33K)

>Who was in the wrong here?
God, desu

Ivan of course. Witness his pride, his hubris, his certainty of being correct despite not having all the facts -- all of it contingent upon his puny mortal faculties and laughable mortal perspective. He's a midwit pseud and Yea Forums could learn a humbling lesson about itself if they read him correctly.

god isn't real

Why the fuck are these in such low resolution? Please reupload in the highest resolution you have/can find, especially the devil apu.

>begging for frog pictures

Attached: pepegettinrekt.jpg (1315x1176, 297K)

This desu

>likely some sort of malevolent trickster entity.
Jesus isn’t any of that.

Attached: 86A84924-9809-4148-8A5B-F09850B74869.jpg (960x764, 46K)

Um, how about that time he told the Jews to genocide all the Canaanites? How about that time he told Abraham to kill his son and then was like "lolol it was just a prank bro"

Just an user passing through, thanks for the neat explanation.

I’ve been recently delving into artists in tandem with theological pursuits so this was simply splendid.

Attached: A8E8C139-7029-4B78-81E9-30A8EECEF540.jpg (459x701, 39K)

What is your personal relationship with God like? Everyone sins, that’s what you’re supposed to pick up on reading through Old Testament, for starters. Yet New Testament demonstrates a path dead to sin through Doing the Word of Jesus. You aren’t a Jew fighting canaaanites nor Abraham. The Bible is a big bubba with innumerable authors through thousands of years, perhaps as you read all these crazy stories you can learn from thousands of years of documentation on the mistakes of humans and how through faith in God, you can find your life redeemed and ignite your soul alight.

The biggest thing to understand about the Bible is that everyone is fucked up. Even David, the man after God’s own heart made terrible mistakes to the dismay and decay of Israel. Yet despite Man’s flaws and sinful nature. Christ Jesus died for us that we may believe in the God and Spirit that breathed from Jesus. He gives moral instruction, an example to set, wisdom, love, truth and joy. He is the rock you want to set your foundation on. Deny yourself to become a greater satisfaction than previously held worldly gratifications.

Attached: D41D8F71-0B25-4861-9FA7-45A2E4891AA9.jpg (350x339, 42K)

The one (You) is what makes pushing the 3000 character-limit worthwhile. Still 'ate god. simple as.

>The biggest thing to understand about the Bible is that everyone is fucked up.
Including God apparently.