Has any philosopher debunked the objective freedom that is suicide...

Has any philosopher debunked the objective freedom that is suicide . If you kill yourself you will be free from everything . No responsibility No worry and True peace

Attached: 1567455019918s.jpg (241x250, 3K)

freedom ain't not free

How do you know you'll have pace sand not, for example, be still in your body but won't be able to do anything?
maybe you don't just disappear and fate is lot more terrible than your imagine.

>True peace
How are you going to experience it when you're dead though?

How do you know that you don’t persist after death? Look into NDE’s and reincarnation studies. There is plenty of evidence out there to suggest it ain’t so simple

i never understand why people wish for immortality after death.

if you are immortality once you die you will get use to you circumstance. after a 1000 years or more the boredom will kick in.

so if heaven or hell exist, it will end up being equal after time has pass.

peace in a sense that you feel nonthing .

I didn’t say I wanted it, only that it’s likely true that we persist.

> that it's likely true we persist

proof

I want your source

>If you kill yourself you will be
I'm going to stop you right there. You will not "be" because you will not exist, you will not have being, you will not be able to use "be" to function as a copula to any thing or value.

Like I said, do some research on NDE’s and reincarnation.

Freedom means being able to do things, not being unable to do anything. It only has meaning in a social context. Thinking freedom is about being entirely unconstrained, socially or physically, and aping the classical arguments for the traditional notion of freedom, is the reason for this selfish rejection of existence. It's a failing of the individual to acknowledge the other (narcissism in the Freudian sense) coupled with a misreading of what freedom is.

Your objectiveness is eternal in the minds of those that care upon suicide. You become the tragic myth, quite literally, as what you are finds presence solely in those minds. It's a hell, the opposite of freedom.

No philosopher... i mean maybe, most likely that is a subject for theologians to debunk for you.
You couldn't BE free if you ceased to exist. If that isn't the case and you DO exist after death, then that's an even scarier thought isn't it, because you don't know where you'll be, consciousness is enough to wrap your head around, but I recommend reading Plato's thoughts on the soul surviving after death.

Our interpretations of death amount to not much more than projections of imagination. You cannot claim to know you are free from everything. Death is pretty close to unknowable.

the easterners

/thread

this redefinition of the word freedom is the greatest rhetorical farce this postmodern era has spawned
freedom does not mean "free from" and it never has, it means, and always has meant, "free to do"

Nothing suggests you would experience heaven or hell as you experience Earth.

sneed

What is that

Tell me

if you don't stand your ground and face life you ride the rails
you become a vegabond basically

>You will not "be" because you will not exist
This is false. You already exist, there is no going back. As much as you disconnect from the material, you disconnect from time. Despite your experiences accumulating according to time - up until that point, or from that point to your birth - you exist.
If you do believe in randomness organizing the world as it is, then you must believe that at some point, an identical life with all identical phenomena will emerge once again, and all the alternatives.

We're dealing with infinite nature, like it or not.

Suicide is a negation of your own being, a termination of a process that will never be reinstated.

For Camus the only philosophical question is the question whether you should commit suicide or not, maybe you find his ideas interesting.

Mainländer "worshipped" death to the point of killing himself.

"Ask not free from what, but free FOR what."
Paraphrasing Nietzsche but if you don't know how to use your freedom, you aren't free at all.

This is why you shouldn't fear death. There is, however, no need to accelerate something inevitable. Dying today rather than tomorrow won't grant you more peace somehow, but living another day will enable you to cause and experience things you would never have caused or experienced otherwise. Once you're dead, any pleasure and suffering you've experienced during your lifetime is irrelevant, so escape from suffering is not a good reason to hasten your death. Meanwhile, in life, you have the unique opportunity to shape the world you reside in.

Whatever you do, you'll have the same amount of unbeing. The only question that matters is how you want to assign your scarce supply of being. Suicide is only rational if your death brings the world closer to your desired state than utilising your remaining lifetime in alternative ways could. The only opportunity cost to living is the value of what would result from your sacrifice. With normal suicide, that cost is usually zero.

Imagine if every suicide would be replaced by a person willing to die in battle, as a test subject or while colonising inhospitable habitats.

Attached: 1521798632508.jpg (645x729, 49K)

To be free you need to exist.
When you are dead, then you don't exist.
Therefor you can't be dead and free.

But what about the retard plane of Being, where we exist as semi-corporeal expressions of autism, downs syndrome, etc. What suggestions do we have of this as yet unheard of territory?

If the Universe and current happenstances came to be due to infinite randomness, we are already eternal. Point a finger at the sky - or even beneath you, somewhere in that direction, you'll have a reflection. Not within this Universe, of course, or this iteration or whatever - the eternal recurrence of infinity would make sure there was one.

Immortality after death would be a desire for a true change of being once death does arrive.

the experiencing subject which can appreciate or make use of the subject is also extinguished. it is not freed from external forces, its relationship to external forces ceases to exist as the experiencing subject itself ceases to exist. there is no agent by which to attach this so called freedom to, no agent to experience this peace.