Can cute anime girls be successfully synthesized with Catholicism without introducing heresy...

Can cute anime girls be successfully synthesized with Catholicism without introducing heresy? Which books explore this idea?

Attached: 1563157291415.jpg (2000x2987, 591K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p9kYAEyVjEY&list=PL29CFFB0C178E4903
vastabrupt.com/2018/10/31/gender-acceleration/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Disregard Abrahamism, wage technoscientific blitzkrieg

Attached: 1725AC91-1FCD-414F-804D-84DB9A4E2944.jpg (927x1193, 546K)

Evangelion would have been better if it actually did have Christian themes and elements in it, rather than simply appropriating certain Christian and Jewish symbols and then using them as icing for Hegelianism and Freudian analysis.

cont
it’s much deeper than that

Attached: 7510AEA7-D9BF-4627-A4CF-B81B8035983E.jpg (974x1290, 559K)

Attached: 2A01AB08-FD83-47D2-A41E-F1BC2FF9D9DB.jpg (970x970, 453K)

How do you think she comes?

Attached: 1536063273681.jpg (600x600, 43K)

Probably becomes opposite of her usual personality. Very quiet, eyes closed, whimpering, shivering, a general look of defeat about her

>it’s much deeper than that
How do?

Double dubs of truth.
I'm fucking diamonds.

Stop statutorily raping children

wat buk?

I can just picture it: she is bent over doggystyle (she is too repressed sexually to handle a position which involves intimacy), her head pressed down against the bed, cheeks flushed, eyes shut and tensed like she is trying to remember something long forgotten, her hair is damp and sticks to the sweat on her cheek, the edges of her mouth twitch as though in pain, but that pain is the resistance to an overpowering pleasure she feels ashamed of, then she shivers, her face relaxes, she gives in, defeated, humiliated, humbled, just a girl, the massive ego abated for now

Prometheus and Atlas

Attached: 3A08D416-DA0C-4CFA-9730-0F6BD0C9EEEA.jpg (880x1360, 206K)

Like someone put an ice cube down the back of her shirt

panic-y screaming?

Attached: 5B4343FB-54D5-4373-A85C-8DE191D2559C.jpg (1280x720, 174K)

Attached: fucking gross.jpg (635x480, 65K)

Nice

It's blood. She cut her wrists

kek. no seriously?

yeah, that’s the book. i just finished reading it for the first time s couple days ago. i know the cover art is gay but it’s a really good book

holy based

I've watched all but the last like three episodes and the movie and this show is not nearly as good as I was led to believe
It's just self-insert Chosen One fantasy with a bland faggot protagonist, there is no unbelievably deep symbolism and psychology and shit

we still haven't even managed to synthesize 3d girls with catholicism.

We've now decided to kill God and replace him with Anime.

This. They are afraid of the power of anime

Attached: 5B8AFA4B-34BE-4447-8A9B-EA21646FB8F2.png (500x300, 51K)

That's because you haven't seen the most psychologically deep episodes yet dumbass

Errors aside like the N2 (non-nuclear) mines being nuclear, this is a good example of how just about anything can be over analyzed beyond meaning. Your picture is what happens when one treats every single aspect of the cartoon as a concious metaphor on the part of the writers and assumes that just because a weak metaphor can be drawn that it is profound and worth writing down. It's an essay length non-sequitur.
Also
>cinematic masterpiece

It doesn’t have to be consciously crafted to be meaningfully present. aesthetic/artistic impulses often work unconsciously drawing on lots of material in the zeitgeist without the author being aware

Literally the only good thing about NGE is me regularly asking this on Yea Forums: The ONLY thing.

Arching her back, terror on her face, mouth gaping, gasping for breath

I agree completely and you put it well, my point is that the author fails to meet the burden of proof to connect points in the show with complex and nuanced cultural motifs he brings up. The first line of is a good example, besides Shinji's (unit 1) death being necessary EoE has a very shallow view of Christianity, e.g. it's widely-acclaimed 'christian symbolism' expresses itself just as a bunch of glowing crucifixes stuck in the ground. It all just seems reductive to me and that each point needs to be addressed more to be profound.

She takes it boldly but gets angry if you get it in her eyes

That’s a small excerpt from the book. He explains most of the ideas earlier and it’s hard to grasp his comments on the show without understanding the ideas he elaborates on earlier. I read and watched the show concurrently and I think he was spot on

Kowaru fits the Christ archetype much better than Shinji

Yes, I noticed that too, which, in turn, makes Christ seem like kind of a sinister figure.

The amount of NGE posters on this board is honestly disappointing. Lain will always be infinitely better to discuss. Its not even close.

Attached: lain2.png (1920x1080, 996K)

I'm not into anime. Only reason I watched NGE (it was fucking awesome, btw) was because it was brought up in Jorjani's book. What's Lain about and why should I watch it?

reminder that this is Yea Forums now

Seek help

To put it extremely simply its about a girl who becomes the internet and then becomes god. It was made in the late 90's but feels more prescient by the year only gaining more relevance. If you want a book that touches on one of its great themes check out "One, No One and One Hundred Thousand". It also directly references Proust in one of the later episodes.
Lain usually takes at least two watches to make sense of because it does not hold your hand in the slightest, there is no explaining in this show. After you understand it the show becomes one of the greatest takes on The Internet, The Self, Spirituality and numerous other philosophical ideas in any media ever.
It is 13 episodes.

sounds interesting, any links where i can watch it with eng subs?

Funimation has it all on youtube.
youtube.com/watch?v=p9kYAEyVjEY&list=PL29CFFB0C178E4903
Also be sure to enjoy one of the greatest OPs in any show.

>OPs
?

"Openings". The song is Duvet by BoA

Sophiology is like Christian waifuism

Brilliant observations like this are what make me believe Yea Forums is truly the intellectual vanguard of our age, unironically

Dante was an incel

>random chapter in philosophy book analysing anime

lol nice

NOOOOO MY NOFAP

Did you actually jerk off to my posts, you filthy incel? Gross

please write a book about it I would buy it

I just want to hold her and tell her everything is all right

Attached: MV5BY2RjZDc2OTItMDAxZi00YjZlLThjZGUtOWJkM2JiNDJhODA1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjAwMzU2MDY@._V1_UY1200_CR485,0, (630x1200, 58K)

Shinji its supposed to be the messiah that brings paradise to humankind. And in the end Shinji and Asuka become a sort of Adam and Eve as they are the first to leave instrumentality.

However the author of that paper doesnt realize that Shinji attempted to strangle Asuka because he still tought she was the one of his instrumentalization "which is how he percieved she was in his mind" this is explained in the last 2 episodes which are about retroinspection. The real Asuka wasnt like Shinji believed which is why he teared out in the end crying.

>Shinji its supposed to be the messiah that brings paradise to humankind
Which is why he is NOT Christ. Christ's kingdom is "not of this world", it is world denying. Shinji represents the aspiration of humanity to overthrow the despotic Middle Eastern war god.

whats the deal with anime characters not looking japanese at all?

Shinji is a Nietzschean affirmation of the earth. And a very typically postmodern rejection of transcendence. Daily reminder SEELE is g/acc

I really liked what Jorjani said about Gendo. "Death creates nothing" what a great line. Ten years later for me and this fucking movie still keeps on giving

>g/acc
I don't post in accelerationism threads. could you explain what that is and how it's related to SEELE?

I don't have the screen caps that explain it better on hand but if you read Gender Acceleration on Vast Abrupt there are lines in there that could have been taken out of a SEELE file. They want to turn humanity into an ocean of genderless slime. A complete and total rejection of the economy of differentials

>[...] the Default Human Being thing is so strong that lacking other clear, stereotyped signs of being either black or Asian she defaults to white.

>When you think about it there is nothing particularly white about how anime characters look:

>huge round eyes – no one looks like that, not even white people (even though that style of drawing eyes does go back to Betty Boop).
>yellow hair – but they also have blue hair and green hair and all the rest. Therefore, hair colour is not about being true to life.
>small noses – compared to the rest of the world whites have long noses that stick out.
>white skin – but many Japanese have skin just as pale and white as most White Americans.

Attached: main-qimg-9626f4dc4f473337136e5d6ed879ce99.jpg (602x339, 88K)

Oligarchs from around 2000 years ago have chosen to take the left half of the kabbalah and become their own Gods in a rejection of the logos. (See J__ Revolutionary Spirit -E. Michel Jones) The main goal is transhumanism by altering human DNA. The inevitable goal is for humans to evolve/devolve (wording depending if you are mentally ill or not) into an ocean of genderless sentient slime. Their words, not mine. In Jewish mythos, Lilith is the first female. Not created by God (through Adam's rib), but by her own self creation(?) (I'm a strong independent woman who don't need no God). In this myth, she is the serpent not Satan. She lesbian-seduces eve with a mythical dilo, the Acéphallus, (not making this up) to subvert God's design of Constructive reproduction. The Acéphallus is a rejection of the reproduction of God through heterosexual human reproduction. It reproduces itself by reproducing the void, cancer, sterile demons.

The only thing Lilith can spawn are demons. Cancer cell begets more cancer.

Fast forward, the oligarhs in their quest to end humanity through "transcending it" are violently attacking all order and structure. This work focuses on the destruction of natural gender and reproduction. This is symbolized by the Trans (probably any other their names would get me banned. Most tech companies are pro-genderless slime future. Nyx argues that Closed source software is masculine where as open source is entropic and feminine. Correctly pointing out that the bugmen promoting open source are mostly basedboys and literal cuckolds.

Like the planed AI revolution to destroy humanity, the Tr*ns 'woman', is set to destroy gender. (I'm repeating their words) If an AI lies to a human, it is to be destroyed. It is here that they draw parallels to the tr*ns lying about it's reproductive abilities. "For AI and trans women, passing equals suitability."

IQ Shredder concept shows the globalist setup we have now to encourage the smartest people not to reproduce. The black paper shows the similar concept of the Gender Shredder through tactical use of the Tr*ns and technologies. (Pharma, media, immigration) As gender accelerates, as trans women intensify the logic of gender, they simultaneously shred gender. The notion of IQ shredding follows the same form where the acceleration of human intelligence ultimately destroys human intelligence by making the ability to pass on those genes more and more difficult. Reproduction collapses in on itself and demands the succession of an inhuman assemblage.

Attached: rebuild_seele-01_8062.png (350x250, 50K)

By perverting everything about gender, they undermine the real feminine and wipe out the masculine. The later being done as we see already through chemicals, propaganda, genocide, etc.

Building, creation, order, logic, reason, are all masculine energies.
Deconstruction, fluidity, entropy, are feminine. And with the laws of thermodynamics are eternally wearing away any positive creation in the world.

If you look at the people promoting this, you see mostly J*ws, and incredibly mentally ill people. (check their twitters) These are the people that promote themselves as the hyper-sexual spawn of Lilith. They embrace the bugman life to a degree for which they mutilate their own body and seek to become the slime. Again, that's their OWN state goal. Ask yourself if after knowing the intention of people, can you agree with even their seemingly 'good' ideas? (progressive, post modern, post structuralist, etc)

There's more to the reading, and it's certainly not boring. But I won't write a full essay here. It's written by someone who believes since entropy is a thermodynamic law, that means it has already won. So if you have anything other than death cultish nihilism or don't think genderless slime future is good, you might get a bit blackpilled. But then just look at how these people look phsyically, and then you realize that all it takes a little bit of pushback and their grand design falls apart. I almost think all this left-hand LARPing is a post-hoc rationalization or explanation of entropy, rather than the cause.

What do we do? Do we turn to God? Could that even work when so few people people. As of now the only proof I have of God is that such beyond biblical level evil exists (and some might consider winning). As waves erode concrete levee, so does the entropy erode all positive constructs. Do we consider the gradual eroding a success for the waves? Not really, as long as we keep rebuilding the levee it will hold and we will have pushed back the entropy. It's a never ending battle to keep from unironically being genderless slime. If we could remove the "revolutionaries", all the better.
(2/2)

Attached: 1566417345983.jpg (1067x1600, 862K)

Absolutely not. Anime is to be detested and little else.

>we still haven't even managed to synthesize 3d girls with catholicism.

Attached: 1566883615577.jpg (680x544, 33K)

Jesus that pic is going to give me nightmares.

underrated post

i have a theory on the esoteric side of anime but i havent seen it talked about anywhere. can everyone please post all relevant 'anime literature' lit critique? ive only seen beautiful fighting girl by tamaki thrown around, as it seems like the only quality one in the sea of fanfiction tier crit theory

>skip the best episodes
>hurr durr it sucks
You fucking moron.

>"Death creates nothing"
I'm not an expert on Christianity, but it always seemed to me that Christians are somewhat self-contradictory in their opinions about death. Death is for them clearly an evil (Adam was supposed to be immortal and became mortal only after the Fall) and yet they worship death as some kind of just punishment through which they will ultimately achieve eternal life.

People sometimes draw parallels between Neoplatonism and Christianity but the Neoplatonic view of death (which goes back to Plato and Socrates) is that death is a genuinely good thing in itself because the material world is an evil (and in this they agree with the Gnostics), whereas the Christian conception fo the afterlife involves the promise of the resurection of the flesh and thus the material world is embraced as something inherently good that became bad only because of the Fall. The traditional Christian afterlife is a material world, in which both sinners and blessed get their bodies back; it is not a purely spiritual world like that of Plato and Socrates. And this conclusion is inescapable for Christians: for, if we were to claim that the material world is inherently evil, we would fall back on Gnostic heresy and condamn the Creator as an evil Demiurge.

Attached: pass the hemlock.png (300x100, 73K)

Even as a reifag I must admit this is based and redpilled.

“Pope” Francis probably masturbates to anime with the rest of the homo mafiosos that have seized control of the Vatican.

You can't have Hegelianism without Christianity. No Christianity, no "Spirit".

>In this myth, she is the serpent not Satan. She lesbian-seduces eve with a mythical dilo, the Acéphallus, (not making this up)
I just looked it up and there’s nothing anywhere about Lilith seducing Eve with some magical dildo. Way to make shit up and discredit your entire post.

I don't know any, but I'm interested in that "theory on the esoteric side of anime" and would be pleased if you took the time to share it here.

>I just looked it up
...on Wikipedia, lol?

The degree to which you identify with Phenomena is the degree to which you also die when they get destroyed. Death as in Self-identifying as superior to Phenomena and not getting destroyed is good. Death as in introjection of Phenomena and getting destroyed with them is bad.

Can you share your opinion on this?

And a great clap of thunder will come out of a great force that is above all the forces of chaos, where the firmament of the woman is situated. Having created the first product, she will put away the wise fire of intelligence and clothe herself with witless wrath. Then she will pursue the gods of chaos, whom she created along with the prime parent. She will cast them down into the abyss. They will be obliterated because of their wickedness. For they will come to be like volcanoes and consume one another until they perish at the hand of the prime parent. When he has destroyed them, he will turn against himself and destroy himself until he ceases to exist.

And their heavens will fall one upon the next and their forces will be consumed by fire. Their eternal realms, too, will be overturned. And his heaven will fall and break in two. His [...] will fall down upon the [...] support them; they will fall into the abyss, and the abyss will be overturned.

The light will [...] the darkness and obliterate it: it will be like something that has never been. And the product to which the darkness had been posterior will dissolve. And the deficiency will be plucked out by the root (and thrown) down into the darkness. And the light will withdraw up to its root. And the glory of the unbegotten will appear. And it will fill all the eternal realm.

When the prophecy and the account of those that are king becomes known and is fulfilled by those who are called perfect, those who - in contrast - have not become perfect in the unbegotten father will receive their glory in their realms and in the kingdoms of the immortals: but they will never enter the kingless realm. For everyone must go to the place from which he has come. Indeed, by his acts and his knowledge, each person will make his (own) nature known.

no lewding Lain, I can't think of a less sexual character

Faggot

I can understand why someone would think that. Still think the whole cosplay thing is pretty cool though, people put a shitton of effort into those costumes

Go ahead and cite a source for your magical dildo story then.

i wouldnt want to jump to conclusions first thats why im asking for recs. judging the fast few years theres been a lot of grifters who prey on the misery of this demographic because they are easily pre advertised and pre subverted, completely missing the cultural phenomenon.

vastabrupt.com/2018/10/31/gender-acceleration/

this is the source as far as I know. I don't think it's an actual legend or whatever

>I don't think it's an actual legend or whatever
OK, so I was right then?

yeah probably

That might be the most brainlet-tier thing I've ever laid my eyes on. Do you really think christianity invented the concept of a soul? That all of the pre Christian religions that have mention of an eternal spirit simply copied christianity after the fact? What a joke you are. You should be ashamed of yourself.

You want to lie to her?

based Jorjani fadposter

Bump

He's right though, what Hegel means by Spirit isn't what Aristotle means by soul.

awesome thread, deserves a bump

wow she's got a long fucking arm

source?

>Lain will always be infinitely better

then why it used the same editing/visual techniques when trying to deal with their own themes? japs are so uncreative sometimes

Attached: ,,.jpg (225x224, 7K)

Prometheus and Atlas, mentioned it here

formulaic-ness is unironically a good thing. it's like the medieval craftsmen of old who followed well established rules but within those bounds could be creative.

she is sitted resting her back on a low angle and the shadows in the body are from water, i think is normal length.

>japs are so uncreative sometimes
The West is uncreative and projects that onto Japan, like it does with all of its shortcomings now.

why do you pathetic men think that anime is anything else than cheap distraction?

does anyone here have seen texhnolyze? is one of my favorite shows but i admit that i'm not very Yea Forums. If so, what do you think about it?

Not sure what that means, really. I'm 34 and on Yea Forums since 2009. I never watched anime despite the weebs here, for 10 years. But this year I watched NGE and Lain and it's rather based.
I mean you can apply your question to anything. Why consume any media?

>watched NGE and Lain

Watch texhnolyze next, it was made with the same producer of lain (he was the one who came with the idea and settings of lain) the same writer of lain and the same character designer. Its free on yewtube. Then watch Ergo Proxy, if you still want something similar watch a movie Jin Roh, its a cool movie. Sorry for so many REC but those are all great in the sea of anime.

Anime is a medium, just like music there is some things that are great. And it definetly is not cheap, just watch how much it cost the Akira movie and how much time they spend on Red Line. Is actually a miracle that there is still anime in the first place, they have to exploit the Otakus in order to keep producing it, but that is also the reason a lot of people think all anime is stupid.

"Otaku no video" is a pseudo biografy of gainax, is about how the industry growed by fans that got involved in it, they also shows fake interviews with Otakus it was like the reality vs the fantasy in that movie.

Most of the niche stuff is in manga due to it being cheaper to produce compared to anime
Obviously there is berserk, but I’ve recently been reading To you, The immortal. Pun pun is fun as well but can be pretty deep in terms of what manga normally spews out

Attached: A5DDB513-D572-4B18-A767-DCE439E9E75F.jpg (2396x3430, 2.18M)

nice chart. i was thinking more of 'literary critique' on anime not anime recs themselves or analysis of specific animes.

Evangelion was actually very Gnostic, only plebs doesn't noticed it.

It's sort of gnostic, but not totally. Gnostics tended to consider the material world to be evil, but NGE sees humanity defending their world against the Angels. It's the evil "demiurge" and his Angels that are rejected, but the material world is embraced. It's basically a sort of life-affirming gnosticism. Also, I guess, the main point of gnosticism from which it derives its name is the pursuit of higher esoteric knowledge (gnosis), but I don't recall there being anything like that in the show. It's pretty sketchy to call it gnostic, but it's definitely closer to gnosticism than to Christianity.

Shinji became the Demiurge who decided the fate of humanity on instrumentality.
Rei was also similar to Sophia, trapped on the material world and Kaworu was more a gnostic Jesus.

the last scene of episode 26 when Shinji receive the congratulations could be assimilated to him finding his own gnosis on his inner-self, destroying his own demiurge, his own ego.

I wouldn’t say that he became the demiurge so much as he usurped the demiurge’s functions on behalf of humanity. He represents the deification of humanity who become gods in place of the former demiurgic entity who was hostile to humanity

Friendly reminder that it doesn't matter if you were a teenager yourself when you first watched the show and EOE, If you masturbated to this post, you are a paedophile

I seriously hope no one actually masturbated to my post. I was just fucking around

Bump
Get back in the fucking catalog Shinji

we don't worship death, we worship the Love which was powerful enough to take it on to Himself for the sake of our eternal life

if the one who put on that death smiles on us, we can put on a little of that death ourselves. But never for its own sake; always for the sake of love

>Deconstruction, fluidity, entropy, are feminine
user I think this post is a little down on women. there is a negative femininity (weakness, fluidity), just as there is a negative masculine one (tyrannical domination)... and while I do think in the world the negative female forces are big now, I don't think it's a fight between male and female. there have been many female saints, and our most blessed mother is female.

also everything exists only by the express sovereignty of God. despite all temporal appearances to the contrary, the battle between good and evil is more like a massacre. truth will always defeat falsehood, good will always overcome evil. the whole drama of human life is that this victory is not immediate

De-su.

Attached: 1558619331545.jpg (679x960, 128K)

I remember reading this before, one of the most credible things to come out of the accelerationist movement(s) in a long time

nevertheless the author seems to be taking a sinister pleasure in the destruction of everything... that can't be worth reading