ITT: We discuss what books from the last 20 years have a chance at being added into the Western canon some day

ITT: We discuss what books from the last 20 years have a chance at being added into the Western canon some day.
There have been some great books released in the 21st century (2666 and The Kindly Ones are my favorites) but I really can’t think of any that deserve to be considered among man’s greatest works.
What do you think?

Attached: 895E2C37-E486-44C7-951D-782743D61C8F.png (421x634, 393K)

My works

my diary desu

The Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra

(((Bloom)))

fuck off

Knausgaard's My Struggle. I don't know of anything like it. It's six books, but it's not Proust. It's about the quotidian, but it's not Joyce. It doesn't transfigure daily life into anything holier, and yet there must be art involved because no one has better captured the feeling of everyday modern living. Like our lives, it has the banality of a diary and the propulsion of a novel. It is autobiographical fiction, and yet it seems to have none of fiction's artifice. It feels like pure documentary. It's spellbinding. It won't go down in history as an artistic masterpiece, but it might enter the canon for being a radical formal experiment and for being, like Pepys's diary or Casanova's autobiography, a chronicle of historical daily life.

>2666

Attached: 1452304010909.png (500x338, 44K)

He's right. Read Culture of Critique

fuck off

wrong board

I literally said it shouldn’t be canonized. That doesn’t mean it’s not a great read

if it was just parts 1,2, and 5 it would be canon-worthy. parts 3 and 4 ruin it

Suicide by Edouard Leve
The Nix by Nathan Hill
The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
Machines Like Me by Ian McEwan
Ducks, Newburyport by Lucy Ellmann

Knausgaard will get the Nobel.

stop being stupid

wroonnggggggg

All of Harry Potter

Lots of people seem to think Austerlitz is Canon worthy, but I didn't like it at all. Is that really Sebald's best?

Don't fuck off, stay right here fren. The rest of you fuck off.

Can't have no semite in charge of your literary culture gtfo. OP pic is an important book and literary people should read it. But keep in mind that it's written by a jew, meaning it's full of subversion, constant talk about maturbation, etc.

Out literary leaders and gatekeepers need to be white men, period.

Books in the last 20 years? Absolutely fucking none. There probably is one or two out there, but the jewish publishing industry would pass them right over for Shaniqua's Black Body Memoirs, edited (read:written/curated) by Moshe Noseberg.

fuck off

nice Yea Forums post

The fusion of nofap and Stormfront is probably the weirdest phenomenon that Yea Forums has produced

Came here to say this. Not only his My Struggle books are great, his earlier and later stuff is toptier as well.

Stormfront is a fed honeypot that hasn't been relevant for a decade. Culture of Critique is straightforward and clear. The people counter-signaling people who talk about it are non-reader anime weeb interlopers who shouldn't be on the board and jews.

Please go back to your containment board.

Totally agree here.

We talk openly about jews here, noble redditor. You have plenty of jew-modded forums to choose from so we recommend you begone now.

fuck off

Seeing as the Western Canon was invented by Harold Bloom and he's almost dead, I would say none.

Attached: b7a.png (740x557, 250K)

The Savage Detectives and 2666

No way. Bolaño's prose is mediocre and his books are edgy, degenerate teen reads. The Canon is for adult literature and people who exhibit masterful prose style.

Smh. This is why you can't have 19 year old brainwashed Marxists with 10 books under their belt making decisions about the Canon.

Are we being raided or just one angry samefag?

>we

Why, so you libcucks can discuss Rupi Kaur in your safe space?

>he's almost dead

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!

it should be no suprise that the eternal anglo can only think of works translated into english. quackery beyond belief

Anglo? Bloom is a kike.

Attached: Rationality.jpg (344x499, 44K)

anyone can be an anglo all you have to do is suck too much anglo cock

Yea Forums is a board for aestheticist faggots
politicsshitters fuck off

Attached: nabcol.jpg (220x298, 19K)

Most likely correct answer is probably Knausgard; even though I think that My Struggle is ultimately naval-gazing bullshit that's a "me" problem.

Probably the Lord of the Rings.

I hope Book of the New Sun although it's not without some flaws. Maybe it's at least worth a footnote.

this

the 'western canon' has always been books selected by jews. the jews did create western (christian) culture after all. if they want to destroy it, it's their right.

Been here long enough to know you are wrong. Yea Forums used to be lefties. Now it's the same as every other board. Progressives couldn't leave the boys alone to play their vidya. Now they're turning third way. Posting lies isn't going to put that genie back in the bottle.

>constant talk about maturbation
is it actually?

This 100%

Parts 2 and 3 ruin it. 1, 4 and 5 redeem it.

except for the parts about Klaus, part four is a fucking WASTE. actually the former news anchor politician's spiel was pretty good too

Does /ourguy/ stand a chance of being added?

Attached: hollaback.jpg (2970x1671, 723K)

He will. His books show the spirit of our times.
Historians will probably read him.

I am not wrong. Politicsshitters should have fucked off then, politicsshitters should fuck off now and politicsshitters should fuck off in the future.

Attached: Screenshot_20190904-100507_Chrome.jpg (1069x1363, 372K)

Yes, he’s already in the French intellectual hall of fame