Bleeding Edge is a historical novel

Bleeding Edge is a historical novel

Attached: bleeding-edge-banner-4.jpg (1865x1307, 856K)

it's not

it is

Sure. Pynchon has even described himself as a writer of historical fiction. But what's the point?

Attached: pynchon_mcewan.png (520x704, 325K)

The point of what?
Also I wish his fiction read with the clarity of his correspondence.

The point of saying so.

There’s an ongoing academic debate over the merits of BE and its place in his oeuvre.

Interesting. Anything online about this?

How much do I not get Pynchon if this is the only book of his I've read? It was really good, and I read some of V until the Cairo stuff and a bit of Vineland but didnt own it so stopped. Should I try V again or Against the Day or what

is there? who in academia would argue about this?

read him in chronological order. at least read and V and lot49 before anything else

I'd say, read V. and GR; they're sisters. Personally, didn't care for Lot49 or Slow Learner. I'm a little nervous to read his later stuff, don't want it to sully the impact V. and GR had on me. However, might be a good learning experience to read his entire oeuvre and figure out how to be the next new and improved reclusive author/artist archetype.

you missed high style self-knowingly Great Author pynchon of V./M&D/GR/AtD (especially the latter two)
this is a good idea

all pynchon books are historical novels idiot, that's why they're so great

no

Attached: CL49-PB-Penguin-1974.jpg (800x1308, 216K)

Straight Out His Ass University

that's a novella

novellas are books

Only physical Pinecone I could get my hands on. Fifty pages in and its pretty interesting. Curious to see how the events of 9/11 will impact Maxine's life, she seems to be cruising through life. Very relaxing pace and the prose feels structured compared to some excerpts I read from V. and GR on the interwebs. Plot seems to be an excuse to get the characters together and exercise some banter out of them. I can see why this isn't as revered as some of his other work but there seem to be unseen forces at play here, will have to read further to compartmentalize these thoughts into a realized view.

Attached: 1553388501733.jpg (960x720, 47K)

>novellas are books
lmao have sex incel

great posting