At what point did you realise that this board is inherently anti-intellectual and utterly worthless

At what point did you realise that this board is inherently anti-intellectual and utterly worthless.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 119K)

As are all things.

At what point did you realise this board is inherently intellectual and has infinite value?

Attached: 1555717461209.png (256x256, 110K)

When I came back.
Feels weird being one of the only smart ones in the room.
The good ones are off reading or something. Wisely disconnected from the internet, no doubt

About two years ago.
max(IQ_1, IQ_2)

after the influx of /pol/T_d/reddit in 2016

Disagree. there is a good amount of crap here, but when a good thread is going its pretty nice since poeple can shot the shit in a way you really cant do irl a lot. stop being such an irrational, absolutist, pessimist.

>IQ

dilate

>its pretty nice since poeple can sh[oo]t the shit in a way you really cant do irl
>...because of social anxieties you’d rather never face head on
There’s some holdovers, but it’s not as much as it used to be. This user is right

die soon

Can kind of agree, but I do bellieve that at specific points during the day it gets better. I find 12:00 at night eastern standard time is usually pretty comfy, probably because all the contrarians are in bed.

Right now

Me too. Wish I was wise

etalid

lmao

I'VE BEEN HERE SINCE FORFUCKINGEVER
really more like 6 or so years, Yea Forums since '09.

The nature of the boards and the site have fundamentally changed. Part of it is possibly due to our increasing age.

I still find people who know their shit, who can challenge me or who I can challenge and have a fruitful discussion with, but it has to be with specific intention. Everything is heavily turfed and botted and flamed and spammed. Everything has moved toward such extremes, and the influx of raw numbers has not had a positive effect on discourse.

That, and the standard of critique in this board has degraded. Good feedback on work I post is difficult to find. Things move faster, are forgotten more quickly. I feel all the world is moving in this direction, however my corner of the world is largely digital or hyperlocal, which certainly biases my understanding.

I'm sure there's some perfect, bucolic board somewhere, and some little literary colony I can find. Maybe I should just fucking suck it up, take the GRE and go to Uni, bury myself in what is clearly my life direction, and die happily in debt.

All this being said, I still get a great bit every now and again, love people calling authors and brilliant artists fucking mongoloids with flippance, and I find great reading material on here occasionally.

There are still reasons to be here. Even the most horrid of namefags, who I loved, have fled or died, though. You're alright, butterfly. I don't know why you do what you do, but you're keeping some thread of history/consciousness on this board alive.

Attached: otto dix - aftermath.jpg (1024x854, 289K)

OP btfo

Cope

>critique

Attached: 1557818552400.jpg (681x796, 84K)

It was going that way for a while but thankfully the free speech hating book banning lefties are on their way out.

From the start.
But more acutely after the great /pol/eddit invasion of 2016.

Saw this reply coming before I created this thread. I hope you feel proud, mong.

It's pretty sad that butterfly has gone from one of the board's most annoying shitposters to a comforting signifier of how things used to be on the site.
I should have given this place up after the decade mark. Hopefully this is the year I finally disconnect.

The moment I saw the first frog here and noticed that no one is complaining and that it isn't going to be removed.

Not yet, I like it here.

>NOOOO PEOPLE DISAGREE WITH ME SO ITS ANTI INTELLECTUAL
if you think like this your IQ is sub 130