Is he right?

Is he right?
twitter.com/moldbugman/status/1079660162489638912?s=21

Attached: D94A94E3-22ED-45B6-9130-D64735F9B00D.jpg (640x786, 252K)

>twitter

Attached: gas.jpg (682x515, 23K)

>Pissing on girls for sorting their bookshelf by color
>Own shelf consists of Bronze Age Mindset and some Yea Forums-starters
Ahahahaha ohoho oh no no no

Attached: IMG_20190902_223615.jpg (333x404, 48K)

>twitter pseud post
>/r9k/ jargon
>"is he right?"

Attached: 1567052516660.png (160x346, 30K)

I have less respect for moldbug now. Why even bother with this stuff. Twitter is a place for retards. 99% of the people are actually dumb, all the tweet responses or whatever they are called will be from retards. Just don’t use twitter at all.

not a single piece of /r9k/ jargon in that spastic's twitter post, nice try mr. tourist

>weeb

Attached: gas.jpg (682x515, 31K)

Show me on the doll where women hurt yout fragile sense of masculinity.

i don’t think that’s actually moldbug, that name is a joke

i like the part where he gets to a ~real~ shelf and it's just a tiny pack of paperbacks, translations and a meme self-published self-help book lmao

>/pol/tard

Attached: 1565011176406.jpg (698x475, 61K)

/thread

>get a date
>Oboi oboi she invites you to her place
>"You'll see I have a lot of books teehee"
>Hehe sweet if we aren't in the mood for some hoompy woompy tiddly tickey, we'll compare our thoughts on them
>see this

Welp

Attached: IMG_20190903_124517.jpg (750x1090, 207K)

Fucking this.
Everytime I talk Yea Forums with a femoid and they "really really like reading xd" this is what they mean.

Moldbug for sure has thoughts similar to that tweet though.

I'm going to try finding a lit whore.
Seeing some Sade or emo authors will be a great way to find them.

Not expecting to talk much anyway.

no matter how shitty their color-coded shelf is it's not half as embarrassing as my hoard of .epub and .pdf files i collect obsessively and will never read

Attached: 1487397444050.jpg (1024x788, 268K)

Attached: wrong neighborhood.jpg (700x700, 76K)

me on the left

>colour-coordinated bookshelf
I'm not reading past this point, I'm already disgusted enough.

Attached: 1560417353647.gif (320x180, 2.71M)

Moldbug has more important things to think about.

Like? I think he's past caring about anything at this point.

Hahaha he's excited for the translation of Serotonin. People who read translated fiction are no better than those color coordinating a stack of YA.

Hahaha memes

This is me with bad continental philosophy.

Mega?

Copeposts from exposed colour-sorting bugwomen.

A lot of it is surprisingly good food for thought, even if it fundamentally misreads history and science.

in french lit and fiction tend to be white, sf grey/silver, fantasy purple, mystery/crime black

France has such a great literature culture.

what's there to analyze, it's an extremely obvious coping mechanism.

>nobody loves me
>heh, who neeeds 'em, now i have more time to play with my cat/write my book/work on my cross stitch/etc

It's not a meme. There's no reason to read contemporary fiction translated unless you just want to be seen reading.

i arrange my bookshelf by color and i don't give a fuck what thots do. it looks like shit otherwise.

it is a meme

Why read a superficial remake of something that hasn't been around long enough to make cultural impact? Learning other languages isnt that hard.

>reading for cultural impact

Isn't Houllebecq something people read for the ideas rather than for the prose?

What else could you be there for? You're certainly not reading for aesthetics if you're bothering with a translation. If all you want is plot and themes why not just pick up the sparknotes?

First worlders have no excuse to not be polyglots by their mid 30s.

Hahaha mental retardation

>gas.jpg

Attached: go fuck yourself retard.jpg (682x515, 38K)

Looks like I won! Not a good point on your part so far. Please stop treating books like video game achievements. They should be enjoyed, not devoured to add up to the stack. Your English is fine, I bet you could pick up enough French to actually read (and enjoy!) a Houellebecq before you know it.

I also arrange mine by the color of the author

Attached: cave.jpg (567x309, 100K)

I'm scared of reading Houellebecq because I don't want to get depressed about the state of the Western world.

kek

The sooner you start learning the more you can read! You'll have so much more to read that you won't have any time to take out your insecurities on strangers on the net.

!

Probably not too hard if you look at normie book stores. I bought a book at barnes and noble today, and the cashier was a pretty cute 6/10 but a total sperg. She asked me three different times how my labor day was and damn near lost her spaghetti explaining how to redeem a coupon for a free cookie at the cafe. If I wasnt married I could've pretty easily locked that up, and I'm generally invisible to most women.

a pure white bookcase is hardly "arranged by color"

pseud alert

Attached: 20190904_032208.jpg (720x300, 119K)

hmm

Attached: 20190904_032558.jpg (720x614, 232K)

This dude is such a fucking psued lmao
Can't tell if this is satire or not

Is this a joke? I feel like that copy of A Clockwork Orange is a fedora tipping right in the face of anyone dumb enough to take this faggot seriously

>and most importantly, NOT arranged by colour
This dude is on the same level as the people he's criticizing.

wtf is wrong with anglos
why are they so autistic, bros?

>let us cleanse our palates of this filth with a picture of a real bookshelf full of knowledge
>picture
yes they are all excellent(except for bronze age mindset, I've never read that so I won't comment) but being that contemptuous and also having only 6 books you are willing to show off to your twitter friends to make you look cultured makes you look like an insufferable faggot who isn't well read and just wants to appear that way

>Learning other languages isnt that hard
I don't believe any poster who acts like they just casually become fluent in a language overnight so they can enjoy the next book on their list.
It's hard enough that it's totally retarded to invest the time necessary to master the language to an extent that you'll 'get it' better than comfortably digesting it in a native tongue with the assistance of a professional who understands every intricacy of both languages and accounts for the author's voice and stylings in the translation.
Unless you want to jack yourself off for fumbling through some foreign book and googling a new word every sentence, you should focus on one useful language until you're at conversational level. That takes time and extensive unless you're a literal savant who does nothing but language drills all day.

Bro, realistic question- I've never learned a word of Russian. How long do you think it would take me to learn it enough that I could read, say, Dostoyevsky well enough to genuinely appreciate his authorial voice? Keep in mind normal people have jobs and commitments, and can't devote that much time to learning a language. 'On the go' shit like Duolingo doesn't work at all. Do you really suggest people benefit from sitting down with textbooks and notepads every night for God knows how many months until they can struggle through something?

these are great because judging people based on appearance is incredibly darwinist