Any writers similar to him? He's the only writer I can really stand...

Any writers similar to him? He's the only writer I can really stand, that gives me the sense that in some way their writings are on a similar wavelength to me. No horror, please.

Attached: kafka.jpg (1362x1848, 987K)

people on this board have told me robert walser, but i haven’t read him

Robert Walser, Sadegh Hedayat, Emil Cioran

Thanks

Some of Borges’ stories draw heavily from Kafka

His early relationship to Dickens was one of straight immitation

satantango reminded me of him

You may enjoy Herman Melville's Bartleby the Scrivener.

which one of his book that has similar tone to satantango?

Dancing with the Devil

Kafka's for incels and outcasts. Read some adult lit.

never gonna make it

Attached: TOFdnHu.gif (500x333, 437K)

I guarantee I can mock your so-called """"adult"""" lit

Walser really isn’t that similar to Kafka, just a single of many of his inspirations. Neither is Krasznahorkai or whoever else typically gets mentioned in these threads. Anons read too many Listicles and not enough books.

The answer you’re looking for is Gogol, followed by Thomas Bernhard and Peter Handke.

I tried reading Gargoyles by Bernhard recently and didn't like it at all. Have not read the others. Thanks.

Depends on which aspects of his works you like. Gerard Reve is somewhat similar, W.F. Hermans is very similar and in my opinion even better. Neither has a lot of works translated to English though. Marquez' "No one writes to the colonel" was weirdly Kafkaesque as well.

>Marquez

>Who is J.R.R. Tolkien

>Gogol
I get it cuz one of his characters turns into a nose and Kafka has a book about a metamorphosis as well

Kobo Abe sometimes. Same with Ismail Kadare.

Marquez was influenced by Kafka

>Marquez

Walser is Kafka reversed.

No, Kafka reversed is Akfak

You're looking for Bruno Schulz and Max Blecher.

it's Garcia Marquez you absolute brainlet

Yikes

crikey

> Assuming he'd prefer that.

Not really, user. Most writers finished their works.

Kinda true. I've read his short stories and The Trial, but I can't be bothered with The Castle because I worry it'll be more of the same insecure whining. In the introduction to The Trial they described his relationship with Felice, and I was repulsed by how spineless he was.
He had no idea what it means to be a man, Metamorphosis shows his unable to accept male disposability

That was the point though. Kafka was projecting weakness, nihilism, and rebellion onto the goyim. All of the (((German))) expressionists of his time took a similar approach. In reality, Kafka was arrogant and stuck up.

> hasn't read "Letter to my Father" in order to gain context to essentially all of Kafka's work
why? why are you even here?

Make the pilgrimage to his museum in prague, user. It's the greatest museum/gallery i've ever been to.