Be me

>be me
>writing an epic greentext
>wants to use a famous bible excerpt to make it even more epic
>starts reading the whole excerpt
>it's so beautiful that I want to cry

I wish I didn't fell for the atheist meme, is there any way back? At some point I even started believing that god may exist, but I can't believe that he ever did something that the abrahamic religions claim (like the prophets, his son, the chosen people or their holy books)

It was Matthew 26 if anyone is curious
Recommend me books on the subject

Attached: IMG_20190903_005819.jpg (964x769, 434K)

I was Atheist and all it took was a single beautiful Bible verse to convert me. It defies all rationality.

Attached: 1550476048015.png (934x768, 566K)

>read book
>WTF I BELIEVE IN MAGIC NOW

Must be kind of nice being so stupid

Jesus will always take you back.

You're fortunate to have gone through an atheist phase. Now, you can start obtaining and building spirituality on your own terms. Don't trust the gatekeepers.

of course there is a way back.

now if you want some celestial black humor try the book of Jonah

it doesn't even matter if Christ was real or not, everything he said was true. By extension your conception of what is real doesn't matter, it's flawed. Read Shestov and go back to God. Christ isn't real or not real, he is the Truth.

im lost and can't find my way back, but everyone I know who is actually ok believes in God and everything i love came from God, i can at least see that. I wish i weren't so arrogant and broken, so i could go back, but i can't.

Consider the fact that the bible was written by dozens of authors over centuries of time, contains prophesies that have been fulfilled.

One of the most amazing series of prophecies had to do with Cyrus the Great, who is named in the bible long before he was born in the book of Isaiah. Isaiah is said to have lived sometime in the 8th century BC, but Cyrus wasn't born until the 6th century BC.

Even more incredibly, the historian Josephus wrote in his Antiquities of the Jews that he Jews in Babylonian captivity showed Cyrus the prophecies of the Old Testament scriptures which contain his name and this was at least partially responsible for Cyrus allowing the Jews to return to Israel.

Furthermore, Alexander the Great was also a believer in biblical prophecy, again attested by Josephus, again in his Antiquities of the Jews, where he mentions an account of Alexander going into the Jewish temple, offering a sacrifice to God, and being shown the book of Daniel where Alexander believed he was the one indicated in the text who would overthrow the Persian empire.

>Seeing metaphysical revelations of the infinite unknown through faith in order to transcend the physical plain as magic.
This is actualy pagoid level thought. Even if you are Atheist at least pick up a Critique of pure reason.

>current understanding of consciousness boils down to literally magic right about now
do you believe in consciousness or are you like nega-thiest?

You can read books without having to sign up for a religion, you know.
>inb4 atheist
I think religion is cool don't get me wrong, there are cool philosophies there, it just so happens that none of them fit my ideology. I like the books tho.

>Matthew 26
Imagine the depth of Peter's regret after his third denial. He was not only a disciple, but the disciple that had recognized Jesus as the Christ (Matthew 16). He was to be the rock the entire church was built on and he had told Jesus directly that he would die with him, but not deny him. Saying he went outside and wept bitterly can only understate how torn he was.

ill pray for you user

>dude I fucking LOVE science!

Attached: 1562455884901.jpg (454x520, 32K)

>is there any way back?
Going to church would be a start. I'm not going to say specifically what church to follow, as I would probably be berated with hate here. One thing I will say, however, is to find one that isn't divisive. Much harder than it seems.

Probably through hinduism. Yeshua was just an avatar of Vishnu. The Abrahamists are mired in avidya (idolatry) and the Kingdom of god is within and the church is wherever 2 or 3 gather with wisdom in their hearts.
>*inhales deeply
So this is what its like to have fresh air on this board... yes precisely.
Read pic related. "He" (if your still such a brainlet that you can't let go of the daddy personification) is all places and all times. Its literally impossible to be separated from "him".
The fact that peter denied him should be enough to make you hate catholics and it should be enough to make you realize the church is "where ever 2 or 3 gather with me in your hearts"- where is this phrase btw? Like what book, chpt and verse?
It must be kind of nice denying everything you cant understand. Sounds like a comfy form of slavery.

Attached: images (20).jpg (480x360, 26K)

>The fact that peter denied him should be enough to make you hate catholics
This fact made absolutely sure the Catholic church was built on an unshakable foundation.
>and it should be enough to make you realize the church is "where ever 2 or 3 gather with me in your hearts"- where is this phrase btw? Like what book, chpt and verse?
Matthew 18:20
>For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

>the Abrahamists are mired in avidya (idolatry)
IDK about this hindu user. The more hardliner branches of protestantism and Islam seem a lot less idolatrous than a lot (not all) of Hindus. Plain dress, no adornment, etc.

Read the whole thing, see the transedental argument pick up some starter apologetics. The way back is there if you seek it.

>Believing in Christ out of passions and aesthetic sentiments
That's not how it works

Kant literally reject what you claim in your greentext.
What's the "transedental argument"?

Post the greentext wtf

Ty for sharing and/or for the words

I will check/recheck it

and
I'm not sure if that's the words I would use, they're mixed feelings
I was raised hearing them but I never stop to really read it, so there is some nostalgia (or saudades, maybe both) for the past where I used to go to the church and of how I felt when I talked to him, but there is also some kind of admiration for this kind of love where you forgive a person who you know that will deny you, and seeing how much these verses molded me and my view of the world and that I still deny him, and it also makes me remember from people that I like but that I treated badly because of the things they have done and how foolish it was, and the fact that my life has been going downhill for years without an anchor and the fact that even I could be received back in "open arms"
Maybe it wasn't the best one, but beauty is a word that comes in my mind that would better summarize all these feelings

>Maybe it wasn't the best one, but beauty is a word that comes in my mind that would better summarize all these feelings
All these feelings coming from reading a text***

Well it's hard to summarize in a post, but it's based on coherence theory of truth, and paradime comparison between worldvues.
It's utilizes presuppositional critique and how our world is not shaped by the presupositons we have.
But th essnse in that if you questions the existence of logic you can't deny it without logic so you have a loop there, and it's not only about logic lots of things end up like that. To remove all thous loops that form and have a coherent system you en up having to go out side of the system.
But I'm not that good at explaining it and am probably a little wrong here so check it out on YouTube you can find more about it. Specifically about God or in general because transedental areguments are not limited to God just that the biggest bone leads to him.

That sounds like Hegel's criticism of Kantian philosophy