Two of my friends recommended this book. Saw it at the book store today. Has anyone here read it? Is it helpful?

Two of my friends recommended this book. Saw it at the book store today. Has anyone here read it? Is it helpful?

Attached: 33424AB4-CDBF-485F-8D82-F69F6EA0B134.jpg (1600x1508, 403K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Subtle_Art_of_Not_Giving_a_F*ck#Contents
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you literally don't have to read the book, everything you need to know is in the title.

lol

Wrong, retard, the title opens for a continuation of a "how to" it doesn’t state how to not give a fuck. It just says, "The subtle art of not giving a fuck. If there was a comma between "art and of", then the statement you made would be correct, it would look something like this. The subtle art, of not giving a fuck. The use of the comma allows a small delay which provided an answer not a statement.
Think moaaarrr, pussy boy

>doesn't give a fuck
>still censors the title because it might hurt someone's feelings
Checkmate.

Epic haha!

Get new friends.

Attached: 1489102661705.jpg (1999x1702, 396K)

i have read it and no, it is not "helpful." and while i don't have any friends myself, and don't really know how such a relationship would function, i would still recommend that you just read the book out of goodwill towards them. just read and say it was good and that you were glad they recommended it to you. God i wish i had friends.

Attached: 1518083181341.png (609x460, 532K)

holy shit you're retarded

>just b urself: the book

Attached: 1562068535810.jpg (1536x2048, 254K)

this

*sits on chair on top of him anyway*
*looses a nice long braaaaap*

here's your summary OP, no need to read it

This just feels like one big cope book

Not giving a fuck is simply ignoring all your problems and venturing to solve none of them. Please don't do that.

He is based, but definitely not Yea Forums type of guy.

Attached: markmanson.png (522x387, 84K)

Get better, user! God bless you

Basically this.
>read because unsure of yourself
>the only advice is just be yourself"

the real question is why you would ever want to stop giving a fuck
what a pathetic pursuit

wrong

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Subtle_Art_of_Not_Giving_a_F*ck#Contents
nice just wrapped my head around the entire book in about 15 seconds
self help books should be burned

Dilate

What are you being fucking paid to shill this piece of shit pop trash? Stop posting it

"Just be yourself" is in most cases the most brain-dead utterance I can imagine. Nobody who ever actually made any effort to understand what a "self" is could give that advice. Now if a person truly devoted their full effort to unraveling that bit of stupid modern folk wisdom they would be confronted with the question of what IS the "self" and would be on the way to realizing the deepest wisdom. But nobody who says "just be yourself" ever means it that way.

kek

Top quality bait

best self help advice i got was from this guy who played professional tennis
told me do shit that im lazy about doing.

Your ausfriend is right here bro

what if the book doesn't give a fuck about you pointing out the censor?

f*cking this

>Something about recent technology seems to allow our insecurities to run amok like never before.
He has very midwit takes on the technological question, the culture of narcissism, and atomized individualism. He has just enough self-awareness to have a feeling that these things are a problem, but is not redpilled on the scope of these issues, and how totalitarian they really are, which Kaczynski, Ellul, and Lasch have described with clarity and abject horror.

Attached: 1476750899112.png (352x390, 359K)

He’s completely wrong. People are more open than ever to opposing views. You think people took opposing views well in the Middle Ages? Anyone with a view outside the majority was basically seen as satanic

I'm your fren, fren

Here's a tip: If anyone ever tries to sell you something that seems like an easy ticket to a virtuous life, don't buy it.

No

>is a self help book helpful

no

Gonna use this thread to ask, has anyone read pic related and can give a summary? A friend recommended it when I was severely depressed but I never got around to it yet. What self improvement books do you guys recommend in general?

Attached: image.jpg (353x495, 32K)

That book is just peak Reddit. Do you want to end up like this?

Attached: don't give a f_ck.jpg (3264x2448, 823K)

why are almost all of them overweight?

is really good mofoca. read Pierre Hadot too. There's another book by massimo pigliuchi on stocism thats osom

Its just a bunch of repetitive bullshit. The author is a finance guy from Boston who tried to make it in the PUA world. It's all about money for him.

Just read Seneca.

because it's easy to be

I just read a review of the book. Doesn’t seem so bad. The message seems to be, “care about something so hard that you don’t care about deficiencies, difficulties, or your identity (“not giving a fuck”). I think that’s good advice.

I also have plenty of friends that read it and recommended it to me. Also read a few chapters out of their books when were together.
And no, dont waste your cash on that shit, its just some half baked stoicism mixed with buddhism with some shit ass claims mixed with "in the end research shows that people who do X and/or behave like Y are less happy in the long run"
The book is most of the time always like that, providing basic, lame ass "advice" and supporting it in a shallow manner.

Attached: 1497365315362.jpg (750x750, 63K)

The guy in the upper right and the chick in the lower right are visibly uncomfortable, and are most likely wondering "how did I get sucked into this?"

literally boomer tier.

I love this pic somehow

hat wouldn't be good friendlness. It's better to be honest. OP, read it and tell them it's not very good.

Eh, the breadth of discussable topics hav ewidened, but the discourse between separate veiwpoints have largely decayed. I would say this is more due to the common man with limited knowledge having the ability to spite his shit, where previously it was limited to pretty educated and well socialized elites. also, tech medium makes people much more comfortable to being belligerent.

Yea they do, thats the joke.

Attached: 1556973437359.jpg (900x1200, 208K)

jesus wept

Attached: Unbenannt (2).png (480x636, 190K)