Did I fall for the meme if this is my favorite book?

Did I fall for the meme if this is my favorite book?

Attached: 3243243243.jpg (1024x768, 119K)

No, it's a fun book.
Although if you think it's difficult and that you're an extreme intellectual for enjoying it then yes, you've fallen for the meme.

No, are you retarded?, it’s a great novel you spastic, be yourself you bitch cunt.

In my German 101 oral exam they asked me "Was ist dein Lieblingsbuch?" I replied (showing off that I knew the German title) "Mein Lieblingsbuch ist Unendlicher Spass von David Foster Wallace." The pretty woman who taught the other section of the class, who was helping my professor administer the exam, said "Ooohh," like she was impressed. My professor asked her what book it was. She turned to him and went into some rapid German that was way over my head except for two parts: "Harold Bloom" and "kein Talent."

That's the sky mate
How you gonna read the sky?

>i found a book i loved
>did i get memed???
it's my favorite too tbqh

Bloom is a bit of a cunt.

No, form your own opinions and stop being scared other people will make fun of you for them

IJ is awesome regardless of what the spastics on here who haven’t actually read it say

>Kein Talent
Lmao

>he can't read the sky
Do you live in the city?

He must be English.

>I liked this book
Guys? Is it OK to like this book? Is my taste Yea Forums-approved?

This post encapsulates all that we have lost

>talking amongst classmates at uni
>one girl says her favorite three books are ulysses, gravity's rainbow and infinite jest
>Yea Forumsizen detected
>i turn to her with a smirk "okay, tao lin"
>"tao lin?" she asks
>"the alt lit author"
>she looks confused
>"he didn't write any of those books"
>i can't withold a laugh
>"look don't get me wrong, I love all three of those books ..."
>she still doesn't understand
>"the meme trilogy, babe"
>she doesn't have any idea what i'm talking about
>she tries to discuss the books with me and it becomes clear i haven't read any of them
>somehow these other total reddit classmates have
>mfw people actually read the meme trilogy

Im dying

based

Since everybody on Yea Forums these days is a newfriend who didn't and/or is not yet old enough to attend college, I will explain. The meme trilogy predates Yea Forums. The meme trilogy is the meme trilogy because they are three dense, often difficult 1000 page tomes that humanities majors of the last decade would measure their metaphorical cocks with. Their places are part of an academic zeitgeist that the original posters (the now nearly extinct first peoples who go all the way back to the /r9k/ days) of Yea Forums came into their own in. The sort that you would lay carelessly around your dorm or strike up conversations about at hipster parties while Jeff Mangum raped your ears.
Ulysses is the classic, used to impress the plebs like your mom, because those outside of literature think it is the hardest book to read ever written, and Gravity's Rainbow was for your professors because it was perfectly crafted to appeal to their baby boomer mentalities. Infinite Jest was special because it was the one we used to get laid. Deep down we all have this deep, interpersonal connection to DFW because he, unlike Joyce and Pynchon, was us: humanities students trying to leverage our talents to get the human connection (mostly physical) that we missed out on in high school. That's why Dave is still a sort of idol to Yea Forums, even if he is the least talented of the three. It is why, conversely, he is so absolutely and universally despised by every girl in your lit class, despite the fact they've never read him. In fact, to this day, the mere utterance of the words Infinite Jest will send a woman of the over-the-age-of-26-but-under-the-age-of-35 into a sort of post-tramautic fit of men in scarves and plastic-frame glasses wielding quotes about depression and isolation. Being a lit guy in college around 2010 or so was far different than it is now, less than a decade later. You just had to be there.

Fascinating

Thank you for your wisdom boomer

the amount of cringe here is unbearable.

>"the meme trilogy, babe"
gets me every tiem

Attached: 1432117984476.jpg (490x490, 48K)

Only true brainlets give a single flying fuck what a bunch of angry anons on a Peruvian llama shearing forum think about their favorite books