I approached three people just a few minutes apart and asked them politely if they enjoyed finding the books here...

>I approached three people just a few minutes apart and asked them politely if they enjoyed finding the books here, if they would please buy them here. All three of them bought my recommendations right in front of my eyes on their phones and one of them actually laughed in my face
>Earlier in the week, a woman came in with a group of co-workers and was zipping around the store searching things from our inventory on her phone and shouting ‘Amazon wins again!’ every time she found a lower price. I was speechless. At a certain point, you just get upset, you know?

Attached: soy.png (231x218, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/19/bookshops-books-amazon-shop-book-lover
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Based if you work in a local used bookstore, cringe if you work at a corporate new bookstore.

I warned you

Attached: 1567454271474.jpg (850x765, 142K)

It seems like my superiority has led to some controversy.

Attached: images (7).png (583x360, 5K)

Amazon isn't necessarily cheaper either. Their free shipping takes much longer than it used to, so unless you want to wait a while you'll have to shell out for shipping costs.

Why would you not just wait a while?

Once again, the view from seller to buyer based on price obscures the view from buyer to seller based on whether they have any fucking money because they no longer have a job.

Economics is Bookkeeping, nothing else.

Because they don't include packing material most of the time, so you just get loose books in a box too big for them; more time in the mail, more damage.

>more time in the mail, more damage.
Huh?

I find used books stores still much cheaper then amazon, and that's not even to mention library sales, thrift stores, etc.

Unless you're a local, independently owned shop, I have no sympathy.

I'm a human being, stop treating me like a book store

All human beings are book stores, in their own ways.

>not banning them from the store for life

>Not brutally burning them at the stake

>Economics is Bookkeeping
Based,

Capitalism doesn’t work right.
Help to destroy it or be crushed by it.

I for one embrace the future. The more efficient humanity becomes the closer we can get to the singularity. Either we'll all be killed by our AI overlords or live in a perfect utopia and finally achieve space travel while dooming future generations to a life devoid of challenge.

This actually happened if anyone is curious
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/19/bookshops-books-amazon-shop-book-lover

Capitalism works fine, but not when you’re population is a soulless mass of overweight fucktards whose only goal in life it to get piss wasted off of sex, drugs, and alcohol on the weekends while maintaining their corporate slave lifestyle. Shits fucked brehs

Attached: 3134B018-0C41-4B54-9301-FDF18E6CDD83.png (841x629, 97K)

>God and church are infallible, the fault lies only in the practitioners

STOP BEING SO STUPID.

You are both retarded.Technology is the root cause of all modern problems.

Technological advances are a result of the industrial age. With capitalism they are a very bad thing, without capitalism the people could assess what advances are necessary or harmful

Not him, but it's clear they purposely fuck your order slightly if you don't pay for shipping. I once bought some books, about 10 in one box. The box was twice as large as it needed to be, with the books just thrown in there (The paperbacks all had creases and bends) with nothing but a few huge plastic bubbles of air. Pay for packaging? They take the time ti pack that shit like it's a bomb

Based Japanese No-Mind

What? It already does that on its own, and much more efficiently than you could ever plan. Look at the former Communist states, they aggressively crushed both nascent capitalism and entrenched class opression, leaving no possibility other than total collapse into industrial party-bureaucracy at free fall speeds (and an ensuing rebound into "late-stage" authoritarian capitalism with X right wing tendencies).
Capitalism is much more gelatinous and replicable than it used to be, it's not such a static system of production anymore. Attacking one end only causes reverberation and a response from the other end which then retroactively instrumentalizes your attack into the movement of the whole; however crucial or devastating the original event may have been, by the end of it's journey across the virtual gelatin of media it has become a self-expressive (as though the original intent was, if retroactive, unavoidably in line with the final outcome) representation of capitalist eventualism.
How did you live through the 80s and forget all of this?

This is why 80% of the shilled economic statistics are worthless

>mistaking cause and effect this badly