ITT what you're currently reading, and what you'll be reading next

ITT what you're currently reading, and what you'll be reading next.

Right now my favorite by far is Nicole Oresme's tract on intensities, which can be quite metaphysical especially at the inception; but Adam Smith is two days from being completed.

Not sure what to think of Spectral Analysis. Quite an unbelievably complicated affair.

Currently:
Witelo - Perspectivae (Books I and V)
Clive Granger and Michio Hatanaka - Spectral Analysis of Economic Time-Series
Nicole Oresme - Tractatus de configurationibus qualitatum et motuum
Adam Smith - The Theory of Moral Sentiments
Aristotle - Prior Analytics

After:

Roger Bacon - Opus Majus
Clive Granger and Oskar Morgenstern - Predictability of Stock Market Prices
Nicole Oresme - On Seeing the Stars
Jeremy Bentham - A Defence of Usury
Aristotle - Posterior Analytics

:33

Attached: Roger-bacon-statue.jpg (700x694, 49K)

currently
>thomas pynchon against the day
>beowulf translated by j g nichols
next
>james baldwin giovanni's room
>i feel like rereading miss lonleyhearts

currently: Phenomenology of Spirit
next: Introduction to Metaphysics (Bergson)

Can you explain again why you read these kinds of books? I am "friends" with you on goodreads and your choices of reading are rather perplexing, and seem to suggest some sort of autism

Presumably because he isn't a cumbrain.

current
>ancient greece: a political, social, and cultural history
up next
>the library of greek mythology by appolodorus
i finally caved and decided to read the greeks.

But you know me. You've listened to my vocaroos. You've seen what I type. You know I'm not autistic, right? So why worry?

People can have intense mathematical interests (that is mainly what it is, being that 4/5 of the books are dealing with some form of mathematics and/or logic) and still be pretty down to earth, relatable people.

I read it because I'm interested and it's interesting. Spectral Analysis really has me interested, that's why I'm reading Granger's other book instead of going for Thompson and Morgenstern's book like I was going to.

I read one chapter per day out of anything I read. Smith has two more chapters, so two days left. I'll start Bentham next Sunday most likely since I haven't had the time or effort to read ever since I got this promotion to this rather intense position.

Bentham looks good though. I'm watching the entire Matrix trilogy since it's all on Hulu :3

>the guy who reads books on autistic medieval texts on optics is the same as the :3 poster
I don't believe this. There is no way these are the same poster

Look at the signature in the OP dipshit.

Holy fucking hell man. Of course they are the same. Only someone extremely intelligent could corral a woman like Butterfly like I have :3

Currently:
>Short History of Decay - Cioran
>Collected Lovecraft
Next:
>Collected Hume
>Brian Wilson autobio

I actually got half way through the last 2, but changed to the former 2 on the whim of a music induced mood

Holy shit, this is like a revelation. I never would have imagined they were the same poster. Kind of disturbing.

Yeah.

Also, it -is- optics, but I also have an epistemological interest in physics and astronomy/astrophysics.

You'll likely be seeing me read Copernicus et al.

>You've listened to my vocaroos
btw I have never listened to your vocaroos. I am afraid to hear what your voice sounds like. I refuse to click on them

This is not the first time I've heard that.

That is, perhaps, one of the scariest thoughts of them all. To think that all of you would rather be anonymous than to place some identity and responsibility behind all of our posts is not only cowardly, it's absolutely terrifying.

For that reason alone I hope that there aren't too many people like you on this site, and I hope people have heard my voice. I'd rather have identity than be another blip in the endless void.

I'd rather be Neo than Mr. Anderson. :3

Currently
A Warning to the Curious and other Stories by M. R. James

>Next
The Magic Mountain

>That is, perhaps, one of the scariest thoughts of them all. To think that all of you would rather be anonymous than to place some identity and responsibility behind all of our posts is not only cowardly, it's absolutely terrifying.
Nigger in the moot days you would've been banned for such an unbrazen statement of faggotry

then fuck off back to r*ddit lmao.

Attached: GOBACK.jpg (800x820, 149K)

every year I get a month I can't read anything don't really know why, when I come back though I read a lot.
Been in a hiatus for 35 days now want to come back to furiously reading, can't decide what to read, help me choose.
>the recognitions
>mason & dixon
>light in august
leaning more towards the recognitions although love pynchon and really enjoyed As I lay dying. Never read any gaddis.
blogposted here so I don't create a shitty thread for this, pls b patient.

Attached: dfw.jpg (2048x1176, 573K)

Currently reading: The Count of Monte Cristo
Next up: Sartor Restartus

>Current
Pride and prejudice
>Next
Probably Dorian Gray

Currently reading pic related
Not sure what i'll be reading afterwards. Probably Suicide of the West

Attached: Seven Storey Mountain.jpg (329x499, 34K)

You are 4ailures. You belong here :3

I still can’t get over the fact that you’re the optics guy. I feel like I’m being taken in. I just can’t connect you two in my mind.

Sometimes people don't like to have their conceptions of how the world works destroyed. As far as I'm concerned, I am the worlds best guy at that :3

Hope you can tell.

Your brain on amphetamine.
Your brain on cum.

>current
the other side - alfred kubin
>next
voyage to arcturus - david lindsay
moonchild - aleister crowley

what music inspired you to read both cioran and lovecraft?